Options

GN'R: Richard Fortus (new guitarist) is amazing!

hellohello Posts: 12
edited January 2006 in Other Music
Do you know this new Guns N' Roses guitarist called Richard Fortus? He is dawn good! He looks like Izzy, but he is even better. He is almost as good as Slash! You can see him play here (1 minute video each):
- http://www.newgnr.com/dloads/shortclips/fortusthinkabout.wmv
- http://www.newgnr.com/dloads/shortclips/fortusrocketq.wmv
- http://www.newgnr.com/dloads/shortclips/fortusnrain.wmv

if you want more, here is a 50Mb video, it's a guitar medley of different solos he plays with GN'R: http://downloads.thenewguns.com/RichardFortus-Guitarmedley-by-nesquick-hostedatthenewgunsdotcom.mpg

He is really good!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    yes he does look like Izzy..he isnt really that new too..he's been in the band for years now.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    who cares?

when are they gonna release that album they have been promising for what 10 years now?
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    How's that album coming along.

Im sure it'll be good...though it isn't GnR...

But will anyone care?
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    many many people care. When this record is out, it will be an immense success. The buzz around this album is already legendary.
    Anyway, please try to avoid the debate "this is gn'r" or "this is not gn"r", this is NOT the subject of this topic. Speak about Richard Fortus.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    It's not G'n'R without Slash and Duff. It must suck for Axl to be the only G'n'R member in the band, when Velvet Revolver has 3. Whether the new Guns album is good or not, it will still suck.
  • Options
    BradassBradass Posts: 88
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Whether the new Guns album is good or not, it will still suck.
    Yep, no arguing with that logic.
    One time I was trying to print a picture of me so I could give it to a friend to cheer him up after he was diagnosed with cancer, but the printer jammed, and my friend died.
  • Options
    Please stick on topic...or shut the fuck up!
    This is NOT a topic to discuss about VR or anything else exept RICHARD FORTUS.

Is it so hard for you to respect that? are you THAT retarded?
  • Options
    hello wrote:
    many many people care. When this record is out, it will be an immense success. The buzz around this album is already legendary.
    Anyway, please try to avoid the debate "this is gn'r" or "this is not gn"r", this is NOT the subject of this topic. Speak about Richard Fortus.
    Thank you.

Dick is not Slash.
    Fuck Axl!

GnR forever man.
    New GnR for never!

;)

hah!
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    It's not G'n'R without Slash and Duff. It must suck for Axl to be the only G'n'R member in the band, when Velvet Revolver has 3. Whether the new Guns album is good or not, it will still suck.

hahah.
    exactly.

did you know axl rose is an anagram for "douche bag"
    ?
  • Options
    SlashSlash Posts: 12
    Richard is good, but he is not as good as Izzy and is certainly not even close to touching Slash's greatness.
    I Love Beer
  • Options
    hello wrote:
    Please stick on topic...or shut the fuck up!
    This is NOT a topic to discuss about VR or anything else exept RICHARD FORTUS.

Is it so hard for you to respect that? are you THAT retarded?

Man I seen VR and there are one of the top bands around right now. If Axl would get his head out of his ass and release Chinese Democracy, his new band might end up bein pretty good. When it's released, we will see how good they are, til then don't come here and post stupid bullshit post and not expect people to be skeptical. If the Beatles never released and album they wouldnt be the greatest. Let's see how good Axl's new hired guns when they release an album.
  • Options
    i am not going to compare him to Izzy and Slash

but i will compare him to the other 2 new GnR guitarists. Buckethead and Robin Finck are BOTH better than he is.

(and on that note: Buckethead is better than Slash. He could play circles around him with only 2 fingers)
    Pearl Jam is an ok american rock n roll group
  • Options
    Six7Six7 wrote:

(and on that note: Buckethead is better than Slash. He could play circles around him with only 2 fingers)
    EXACTLY.
    People just see the bucket and go "retard" but he's a great guitarist.
    One time I was trying to print a picture of me so I could give it to a friend to cheer him up after he was diagnosed with cancer, but the printer jammed, and my friend died.
  • Options
    Six7Six7 wrote:
    Slash. He could play circles around him with only 2 fingers)

yeah, but at least slash wasn't named fucking "buckethead" ... what the crap.

and while he may be technicaly awesome his solo stuff, at least what i've heard, it so stupid it hurts.

it's like S.O.D on even more crack, or something.

& Robin Fink?
    uh. eh.
    ?

are you saying he's better than the simple chords he used to play with /\/ / \/\ cause that was nothing special.
    :)
  • Options

and while he may be technicaly awesome his solo stuff, at least what i've heard, it so stupid it hurts.

& Robin Fink?
    uh. eh.
    ?

are you saying he's better than the simple chords he used to play with /\/ / \/\ cause that was nothing special.

See?
    It's usually that people are so far up Slash's ass, in aew of him for some reason.
    So fucking what If he names himself "buckethead". you are on a message board for a band named after a euphemism for semen for god's sake.
  • Options
    Bradass wrote:
    you are on a message board for a band named after a euphemism for semen for god's sake.

we are?

that's news to me.

regarding buckethead vs. slash ...

i still maintain that buckethead's musical taste is so radicaly different from the blues-metal riff-rock flavor that slash had, as to make his membership in GnR detrimental to their sound (at least in terms of what their original fanbase was looking for) ...

if axl releases an entire album that sounds like fucking "My World" or whatever that crap was that was released for the movie a few years back ... ugh ... so help me ...

Slash had a style that hit the heart. It was direct, and it connected ... the feeling he put into it was palpable ...

he may not have been technicaly great ... but he was a damn fine player ... capable of manuevers on a fretboard i'd be proud of ... and yet he kept his solos and riffs accessible ... not losing people in a frenzy of technical stupidity that sounds akin' to satriani on speed or fucking some bad phish solo.
  • Options

he's definitely on crack. but it doesn't take away from his genius. Check out Colma and Electric Tears. Those are a little more "normal" and focus on beauty rather than craziness
    & Robin Fink?
    uh. eh.
    ?

No i have heard other stuff he did. i don't even remember the fucking name of it. i wish i still had the mp3s actually. he's a fucking guitar prodigy/vurtuoso/whatever.
  • Options
    we are?

that's news to me.

regarding buckethead vs. slash ...

i still maintain that buckethead's musical taste is so radicaly different from the blues-metal riff-rock flavor that slash had, as to make his membership in GnR detrimental to their sound (at least in terms of what their original fanbase was looking for) ...

if axl releases an entire album that sounds like fucking "My World" or whatever that crap was that was released for the movie a few years back ... ugh ... so help me ...

Slash had a style that hit the heart. It was direct, and it connected ... the feeling he put into it was palpable ...

he may not have been technicaly great ... but he was a damn fine player ... capable of manuevers on a fretboard i'd be proud of ... and yet he kept his solos and riffs accessible ... not losing people in a frenzy of technical stupidity that sounds akin' to satriani on speed or fucking some bad phish solo.

listen to Colma or Electric Tears

those are way accesable and will make you see the light.
  • Options
    Richard Fortus is WAY better than Buckethead. Buckethead is a clown, a stupid shredder who plays without heart and soul. It's just guitar masturbation. Hoppefully, he is gone, he was ridiculous on stage and had zero charisma and zero stage presence.

Fortus blows Buckethead away.
  • Options
    haha. you know not of what you speak.
  • Options
    hello wrote:
    Richard Fortus is WAY better than Buckethead. Buckethead is a clown, a stupid shredder who plays without heart and soul. It's just guitar masturbation. Hoppefully, he is gone, he was ridiculous on stage and had zero charisma and zero stage presence.

Fortus blows Buckethead away.

There aren't many players out there whose technical playing surpasses Buckethead's. Just b/c he has a lame schtick. And, yes, pearl jam is slang for semen. Maybe there is another story behind it, but whether it is true or false, pearl jam = semen.
  • Options
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Maybe there is another story behind it, but whether it is true or false, pearl jam = semen.

maybe that's why their music was so easy to swallow when i was 12?

ouch.
    bad joke.
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279

no, he's named "Slash", which is just as fucking dumb.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:
    no, he's named "Slash", which is just as fucking dumb.

definately not.
    and sekleton skull top hats are WAY cooler than buckets, for christ's sake!
  • Options
    i have to admit, Slash is definitely a cool name.

Much cooler than The Edge or Flea.

Buckethead's is pretty awful, but if i could have any guitarist in the world in my band, it would probably be him.

but still, with all that said, whenever any of these douchebags decided to use a pretentious one word stage name, someone should have smacked them. It only became cool because they became famous. Otherwise, i guarantee you none of Paul Hewson's friends would be sitting in a pub in Ireland with him calling him "Bono." It most likely would have gone like this...

Paul: Hey guys, i decided i hate my name and i want you all to call me "Bono"

Drunk friend #1: Bono? More like Homo

Drunk friend #2: Yeah, you bloody Homo

Drunk friend #3: hahaha! Hoooooomoooo!

And then from that day on he would have been known as Homo instead of Bono. Fame is the only reason people will call him "Bono" with a straight face.
  • Options
    Six7Six7 wrote:
    i have to admit, Slash is definitely a cool name.

Much cooler than The Edge or Flea.

Buckethead's is pretty awful, but if i could have any guitarist in the world in my band, it would probably be him.

but still, with all that said, whenever any of these douchebags decided to use a pretentious one word stage name, someone should have smacked them. It only became cool because they became famous. Otherwise, i guarantee you none of Paul Hewson's friends would be sitting in a pub in Ireland with him calling him "Bono." It most likely would have gone like this...

Paul: Hey guys, i decided i hate my name and i want you all to call me "Bono"

Drunk friend #1: Bono? More like Homo

Drunk friend #2: Yeah, you bloody Homo

Drunk friend #3: hahaha! Hoooooomoooo!

And then from that day on he would have been known as Homo instead of Bono. Fame is the only reason people will call him "Bono" with a straight face.

haha.

some of them are pretentious,
    but guys like Flea and Slash ... they had those names since their youth.

Slash's story was that one of his friends in gradeschool used to call him that ...
    flea ... well ... he was "the flea" since the movie suburbia, at least ... and god knows the chilipeppers weren't much of famous at that time ...

sometimes a name is just a name, you get it from a friend, and it sticks.

from snakepit.org
    . What is SLASH's real name?

SLASH's real name is Saul Hudson. He was given the nickname "SLASH" by a family friend when he was a boy. He has no middle name.
  • Options
    yeah but my friends all call me "Revenge", and i certainly wouldn't use that as a stage name.

on second thought....maybe i would. lol
  • Options
    who cares?

when are they gonna release that album they have been promising for what 10 years now?
    exactly,what the fuck's the difference who plays guitar for the guns n' roses tribute band?!?
  • Options
    guy looks like a young ron wood to me.
  • Options
    bluemonkey wrote:
    guy looks like a young ron wood to me.
    THAT'S who he reminded me of.
    Thank you so much, that's been bugging me all day