Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Could like their music if they had better vocals I think
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    i think the vocals are just fine for this band it fits like a shoe imo ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • i like KOL but i think they're kind of dumbasses
    i like KOL but i think they're kind of dumbasses

I think you are too for voting Bush
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

I think you are too for voting Bush

he he he he ha ha i agree ..
    The Bucket is a cool song, in fact.....I am gonna listen to it right now
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I like how they bring a bit of pop-rock and Southern rock together. I wish they could be opening for the second of the dates and not the first half. :(

But they're doing the All Points Festival in August along with Radiohead and Jack Johnson, might be worth paying the $89/day or $250+ for 3days.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
    LongRd. wrote:
    I like how they bring a bit of pop-rock and Southern rock together. I wish they could be opening for the second of the dates and not the first half. :(

But they're doing the All Points Festival in August along with Radiohead and Jack Johnson, might be worth paying the $89/day or $250+ for 3days.

yeah i hear you totally, damm i would love to see them open the shows here in the north east i was thinking the same thing i might have to go the festival and see them again they are great live ...
  • oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    saw them at the Lollapalooza show..

too hot for me to rock without shade..

in two months, i will see them open for PJ and i will have an informed opinion to relate.

can't wait
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
    go and listen to BLACK THUMNAIL and come back here and tell me this song is not a fucking rocker ....
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    too much to say about KOL and not enough time. They are my second favourite band, fucking great vocals, suit the music...thrashy/country/rock/blues...lots of sounds coming from the one great band....and god those tight jeans dont leave much to the imagination :D
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    go and listen to BLACK THUMNAIL and come back here and tell me this song is not a fucking rocker ....
    One word.....MCFEARLESS
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Could like their music if they had better vocals I think

what the fuck are you talking about... better vocals? caleb is just fine thanks. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    to me at least this band might be the best american band besides my beloved PJ i just can't get enough of their music ...
    One word.....MCFEARLESS

yes the whole fucking album is so sweet ...
  • I can see how the vocals might not appeal to everybody, but they are definitely one bad ass band and probably my second favorite. They do present a unique mix version of southern rock for sure. And the other post is right...if someone can listen to Black Thumbnail or McFearless and still not be convinced then there is no hope for them
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    to me at least this band might be the best american band besides my beloved PJ i just can't get enough of their music ...
    Couldn't have said it better. Definitely up there for #2, along with MMJ. I think the chorus of Four Kicks might be the best thing ever included in a song. :)
  • oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    By the way, how fucking psyched am I for the Tampa show? Answer: Way Fucking Psyched!!!! :D:D:D
  • phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    I absolutely Love the Southern Strokes! Great Music, Great Voice & they keep gettin' better with every album that they release. They're in full evolution and we're all witnesses!
  • Wow, the southern Strokes...really? I had high hopes for the Strokes but I am not a fan at all. I'm half joking, I can kind of see the comparison.

On KOL though, I actually first heard of them by reading the NME website right before or right after Youth and Young Manhood was released and bought it solely on those reviews and boy was I glad I took a chance...I listened to that damn album for like six months straight and still listen on a fairly regular basis. Actually, for me, even though I'm not usually turned by novelty, Caleb's mush-mouth vocals are a big selling point to me..other than the fact that they just kick major ass...did I say that already?...they are bad ass, hope they are around for a long long time to come
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051

DITTO!!!
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Love all three of their albums from start to finish!!
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    fucking just rock that is all ......

I can't stop watching that video where Eddie Vedder sings Slow Night So Long; the one he messes up on.......

I like that one the best.....

and for what it's worth; the singer should stay away from people with scissors...
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • suns22suns22 Posts: 94
    One word.....MCFEARLESS

Agreed, that song flat out rocks.

Also, Knocked Up is amazing.
    San Antonio '03
    Houston '03
    Dallas '03
    Hopefully more to come in TX.......some day.
    Bonnaroo '08
  • black thumbnail is my favorite on that album