my first tool show.

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,221
edited October 2006 in Other Music
ok last night checked out tool at nassau colliseum what a show the sound was fantastic i was surprised at how good the sound was at this place and the energy or i should say the feel was really cool even my wife liked the show plus i had really good seats section 118 first box of the floor stage right .
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I am glad you had fun on your first Tool show. I took my cousin for her first Tool concert too. It was the best show I've seen from Tool so far.
    I am trying to remember the setlist so I can post it here...
    Where I was Section 102X, my row and the row ahead of us were going Nuts...The Intensity of the band was awesome.
    Maynard's Voice was great and the band were tight....
    Danny's drumming freaking Rule that night.
    I liked what everyone did with the candles...Forgot during what song...but I know it was one of the new ones...

After the show this guy came up to us outside and was.....Ladies I saw you all night, you guys have to Relax a little...and starting laughing....
    OHHH k!....I was thinking...what do you do in a concert stand still like a zombie?!? there were lots of people doing that around me...which it sucks...It's like seeing that in a PJ concert...You'll be like WTF..why bother coming.... We were dancing, singing and putting our arms up....something you do when the moment is right and ofcourse not to bother other people. Some people are so lame when it comes to concerts...We were not drunk or high... We were enjoying Tool simple as that.

To start of the show with STINKFIST...and end it with AENEMA and in all show have those projectors and videos and lights and sound effects were off the hook. I wished i had gone to see them for the 2 NJ concerts but couldn't b/c that money was for PJ's trip to Italy...Oh well until next spring Maynard.lol...

Does anyone have a complete setlist for this Nassau show?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,221
    WashMyLove wrote:
    I am glad you had fun on your first Tool show. I took my cousin for her first Tool concert too. It was the best show I've seen from Tool so far.
    I am trying to remember the setlist so I can post it here...
    Where I was Section 102X, my row and the row ahead of us were going Nuts...The Intensity of the band was awesome.
    Maynard's Voice was great and the band were tight....
    Danny's drumming freaking Rule that night.
    I liked what everyone did with the candles...Forgot during what song...but I know it was one of the new ones...

After the show this guy came up to us outside and was.....Ladies I saw you all night, you guys have to Relax a little...and starting laughing....
    OHHH k!....I was thinking...what do you do in a concert stand still like a zombie?!? there were lots of people doing that around me...which it sucks...It's like seeing that in a PJ concert...You'll be like WTF..why bother coming.... We were dancing, singing and putting our arms up....something you do when the moment is right and ofcourse not to bother other people. Some people are so lame when it comes to concerts...We were not drunk and high... We were enjoying Tool simple as that.

To start of the show with STINKFIST...and end it with AENEMA and in all show have those projectors and videos and lights and sound effects were off the hook. I wished i had gone to see them for the 2 NJ concerts but couldn't b/c that money was for PJ's trip to Italy...Oh well until next spring Maynard.lol...

Does anyone have a complete setlist for this Nassau show?
    yeah i i don't understand how you can stay still with music like that it was freaking incredible i agree the drummer is the best i have seen period and maynard's voice was outstanding now i can't wait till they come around again simply amazing show and when maynard was mocking us for not being loud enough was incredible i'm still bussing off the show by the way i am a die hard pj fan but those sounds last night where off this world.......
  • yeah i i don't understand how you can stay still with music like that it was freaking incredible i agree the drummer is the best i have seen period and maynard's voice was outstanding now i can't wait till they come around again simply amazing show and when maynard was mocking us for not being loud enough was incredible i'm still bussing off the show by the way i am a die hard pj fan but those sounds last night where off this world.......

I totally agree with you. They really gave it to us.
    It was hilarious what he was saying about the condoms and yeah making us scream for more Tool...shit I wanted to hear one more from them...They played 1 hour and 45 minutes...and still wanted more...I guess I'm spoiled by Pearl Jam.lol
    but I understand since their songs are so long...so I guess that makes it up.
    Yup die hard PJ fan here...lol

Well If you get the set list from yesterday can you post it here. Thanks and hey maybe we can meet for our next Tool concert or better yet for a Pearl Jam show. :)
    WashMyLove wrote:
    I totally agree with you. They really gave it to us.
    It was hilarious what he was saying about the condoms and yeah making us scream for more Tool...shit I wanted to hear one more from them...They played 1 hour and 45 minutes...and still wanted more...I guess I'm spoiled by Pearl Jam.lol
    but I understand since their songs are so long...so I guess that makes it up.
    Yup die hard PJ fan here...lol

Well If you get the set list from yesterday can you post it here. Thanks and hey maybe we can meet for our next Tool concert or better yet for a Pearl Jam show. :)
    yeah with out a doubt i was surprized with maynard being so talkative with the crowd he was really cool and yes i wanted more music and yes no doubt about it will look forward to the next tool or pj show wich ever comes first will get together i have friends that really like both bands i'm allways looking to take someone who doesn't get to sit up front for pj shows my member # is very low so i get 1st row to all the shows in my vicinity keep me in mind for next time.......
  • wow that sounds awesome! glad you guys had a blast :)
    Here's the setlist:

Stinkfist
    The Pot
    Forty Six & 2
    Jambi
    Schism
    Lost Keys
    Rosetta Stoned
    Wings For Marie
    10,000 Days
    Lateralus
    Vicarious
    Ænema
    wow that sounds awesome! glad you guys had a blast :)
    Here's the setlist:

Stinkfist
    The Pot
    Forty Six & 2
    Jambi
    Schism
    Lost Keys
    Rosetta Stoned
    Wings For Marie
    10,000 Days
    Lateralus
    Vicarious
    Ænema
    thanks for that now i know what songs i need to get like the whole TOOL catalog man what a show....
  • yeah with out a doubt i was surprized with maynard being so talkative with the crowd he was really cool and yes i wanted more music and yes no doubt about it will look forward to the next tool or pj show wich ever comes first will get together i have friends that really like both bands i'm allways looking to take someone who doesn't get to sit up front for pj shows my member # is very low so i get 1st row to all the shows in my vicinity keep me in mind for next time.......

Thanks for the thought. It's really nice of you. My 10C number is high...
    :(
    but I had opportunities to see them upclose...I have a friend that has a low number too. She hooks me up when ever possible.
    but hey wouldn't mind to sit with other people that share the same excitement as me for these two bands ;)...I'll add you to my buddy list...I hope you don't mind.

Well sound like a plan...
    I have a myspace account...Do you?

http://www.myspace.com/Violetmasquerade
  • wow that sounds awesome! glad you guys had a blast :)
    Here's the setlist:

Stinkfist
    The Pot
    Forty Six & 2
    Jambi
    Schism
    Lost Keys
    Rosetta Stoned
    Wings For Marie
    10,000 Days
    Lateralus
    Vicarious
    Ænema

Thanks...Did you go to show? or you got this info from somewhere...
    Because i was looking for this in other websites...and no luck...but
    it matches what i remember...
    Thanks alot SoundGrunger....You are the best!
    ;)
    WashMyLove wrote:
    Thanks for the thought. It's really nice of you. My 10C number is high...
    :(
    but I had opportunities to see them upclose...I have a friend that has a low number too. She hooks me up when ever possible.
    but hey wouldn't mind to sit with other people that share the same excitement as me for these two bands ;)...I'll add you to my buddy list...I hope you don't mind.

Well sound like a plan...
    I have a myspace account...Do you?

http://www.myspace.com/Violetmasquerade
    yes add me to your buddy list but i don't have a myspace acc but that would be cool to go with other great fans of these bands so it is a plan .....
  • WashMyLove wrote:
    Thanks...Did you go to show? or you got this info from somewhere...
    Because i was looking for this in other websites...and no luck...but
    it matches what i remember...
    Thanks alot SoundGrunger....You are the best!
    ;)
    aww anytime :) i wish i was at that show!! and all of their other ones ;) i was just at the vancouver show (and coachella) and they were incredible, after that i was on such a natural high, so i can just imagine how you must be feeling. i saw this posted on another website that has all their setlists and a bunch of reviews posted, but they've pretty much played a similar setlist throughout their tour.
  • yes add me to your buddy list but i don't have a myspace acc but that would be cool to go with other great fans of these bands so it is a plan .....

Oh Okay. Will pm you once in a while so you won't forget me...lol
    Take care.
    :)
  • aww anytime :) i wish i was at that show!! and all of their other ones ;) i was just at the vancouver show (and coachella) and they were incredible, after that i was on such a natural high, so i can just imagine how you must be feeling. i saw this posted on another website that has all their setlists and a bunch of reviews posted, but they've pretty much played a similar setlist throughout their tour.

Oh is it possible you can give me the addy for these website?

Oh you got the beginning of them on tour...so you had them all fresh.lol
    cool...We had them on their last US Tour show. and to me they seemed fresh enough...specially the drummer...Danny is the man.
  • WashMyLove wrote:
    Oh is it possible you can give me the addy for these website?

Oh you got the beginning of them on tour...so you had them all fresh.lol
    cool...We had them on their last US Tour show. and to me they seemed fresh enough...specially the drummer...Danny is the man.
    for sure, here it is :)http://www.toolnavy.com/

oh man, danny kicks ass!!! the man is a freakin machine, just watching him play is so incredible.
  • for sure, here it is :)http://www.toolnavy.com/

oh man, danny kicks ass!!! the man is a freakin machine, just watching him play is so incredible.

Thanks so much for your help Soundgrunger...Hopefully we can keep talking about bands we love to hear and experience live...
    WashMyLove wrote:
    Oh Okay. Will pm you once in a while so you won't forget me...lol
    Take care.
    yeah touch base with me once in a while and let me know what other shows you plan on attending you never know we could be at the same shows so that would be cool take care ....
  • yeah touch base with me once in a while and let me know what other shows you plan on attending you never know we could be at the same shows so that would be cool take care ....

Well I'm hoping to get tix for the AIC @ Nokia theater...but sold out...might go and check it out..maybe I'll get lucky....In December Deftones....but I need to find out when those go on sale....Let me know if these interest you.
    WashMyLove wrote:
    Well I'm hoping to get tix for the AIC @ Nokia theater...but sold out...might go and check it out..maybe I'll get lucky....In December Deftones....but I need to find out when those go on sale....Let me know if these interest you.
    yeah deftones i would check out,but i'm ashamed to admitt that i don't know who AIC is are they rock metal or what ????? oh how about wolfmother at the ballroom in november..
  • yeah deftones i would check out,but i'm ashamed to admitt that i don't know who AIC is are they rock metal or what ????? oh how about wolfmother at the ballroom in november..

Oh I am sorry...It's stands for Alice in chains...Well the remaining band...Lead singer unfortunately died. :_(
    They are I guess Metal alternative...I guess...not good at labeling music.lol

Wolfmother is good....Tickets went on sale already?
    WashMyLove wrote:
    Oh I am sorry...It's stands for Alice in chains...Well the remaining band...Lead singer unfortunately died. :_(
    They are I guess Metal alternative...I guess...not good at labeling music.lol

Wolfmother is good....Tickets went on sale already?
    no i'm the dumm ass off course i know aic but it would be hard for me to see them with out the original singer and yes wolfmother tickets did go on sale allready will look into that matter soon.....
  • no i'm the dumm ass off course i know aic but it would be hard for me to see them with out the original singer and yes wolfmother tickets did go on sale allready will look into that matter soon.....

I know...it is hard but it's still will be good to see the rest of the band...
    I will see if I can go and will send you a pm regarding Wolfmother.

take care.
    WashMyLove wrote:
    I know...it is hard but it's still will be good to see the rest of the band...
    I will see if I can go and will send you a pm regarding Wolfmother.

take care.
    ok i will look into the wolfmother show and will look for your pm have a great week......
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    i saw tool in mid sept. here in chicago and it was incredible. It's a much different type of show than any other act i've seen and the whole band sounded amazing. Danny has to be the greatest drummer around by far and maynard's voice was spot on. The visual work they do with the stage was the perfect accent to the music. The music puts you in this trance-like state. sick ass show and can't wait to see them again (probably not for another 4 years though.)
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
    pjfan020 wrote:
    i saw tool in mid sept. here in chicago and it was incredible. It's a much different type of show than any other act i've seen and the whole band sounded amazing. Danny has to be the greatest drummer around by far and maynard's voice was spot on. The visual work they do with the stage was the perfect accent to the music. The music puts you in this trance-like state. sick ass show and can't wait to see them again (probably not for another 4 years though.)
    yeah it was sick show but last night maynard said see you in spring time twice so that is not to long to wait ......