Van Halen Over/under...

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,273
edited March 2008 in Other Music
who had them tanking the tour before the 1yr mark he he he it's over ....i looked for more news on this with no luck but today i did hear on the radio that it's over EDWARD has issues .....
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    who had them tanking the tour before the 1yr mark he he he it's over ....i looked for more news on this with no luck but today i did hear on the radio that it's over EDWARD has issues .....

I caught a "tease" on the news this morning, but never saw the story. Actually, I'm surprised the tour lasted as long as iit did! The Van Halen Brothers are clowns.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,273
    CServant wrote:
    I caught a "tease" on the news this morning, but never saw the story. Actually, I'm surprised the tour lasted as long as iit did! The Van Halen Brothers are clowns.

it's funny though but for ROTH to be the most stable of the lot is realy saying something hehehhe ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I had the under, as in the tour would end on the FIRST leg. Rats!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i'm shocked it lasted as long as it did! :p:D
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Source?

Saw them like two weeks ago and it was a pretty decent show.
    Source?

Saw them like two weeks ago and it was a pretty decent show.

i heard it on howard this morning...

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Entertainment/2008/03/03/report_rest_of_van_halen_tour_scrapped/1599/
    Rolling Stone.com said the following:

Van Halen have canceled a handful of recent dates, and now TMZ claims the band’s entire tour — scheduled to run until April 19th — has been called off due to issues with Eddie Van Halen. TMZ cites sources and recent live footage. The band has yet to comment.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    Rebuttal via Billboard:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003718728

For now, it looks like it's still going. But where there's smoke there's fire.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    This would be my luck. I couldn't see them with my friends when they played their first show in Charlotte. I couldn't make the first show in Atlanta because I was on my honeymoon. Then, I had tickets to see them at their second Atlanta show, and they postponed. It would be my luck that after years of saying that I would see them live only if DLR was touring with them they would cancel. I'm only hoping they can keep it up long enough to see them on the 19th, but I'm not holding out much hope.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    I saw them on the 2nd of February and it was a good entertaining show considering I didn't pay for my tickets. If I had paid for the $75 each tics I would've been a bit disappointed.

No new material and the last time I saw VH with DLR was on their 1984 World Tour and they were amazing. What a stage that was, V shaped from what I can remember, just awesome!

BTW...DLR's "Eat Em Smile World Tour concert in 1886-87 is still in my top ten show in the well over 300 concerts I've seen.

I wish them well on the rest of the tour.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    g under p wrote:
    BTW...DLR's "Eat Em Smile World Tour concert in 1886-87 is still in my top ten show in the well over 300 concerts I've seen.

I thought DLR was old, but I had no idea he was around in 1886.
    allornone wrote:

he looks great, don't he?....;) :p:D
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    allornone wrote:

OK, :D Damn you caught that well they were times in that show 2 weeks ago where the band did sound old. They appeared to be giving it their all which was good enough for me.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under p wrote:

saw that one at the war memorial in syracuse, ny. steve vai is the motherfucking man. and if i remember correctly, tesla opened up for them and they were great.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
    allornone wrote:
    Highly decorated veteran of ..........The Spanish-American War. Learned all his martial arts moves while helping Teddy Roosevelt work out the treaty for the Russo-Japanese War. :D;)