Holly McNarland

coachchriscoachchris Posts: 749
edited June 2007 in Other Music
For you fans out there, she just released her newest album Chin Up Buttercup and I think it's pretty darn good! Glad she finally got something out again, here's hoping she takes it to the road. I love seeing Holly live as few woman have pipes like she does!
Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
Leaving is for the answering machine.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    yay! another Holly fan! :D

I haven't got Chin Up Buttercup yet... but I plan to....
    How does it sound? acousticey?

I miss her rockin' out, like on Stuff...

Home Is Where My Feet Are, and Komrade Sessions are nice, but soooo mellow...

I wanna hear her belt it out again!!!

WHERE DO YOU FIT IN??
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I remember seeing her at one of those Edgefest's in the mid-to-late 1990s and, wow, could she sing. She has an amazing voice.

I really like the backup vocals she did on the Tea Party track "Wishing You Would Stay". One of the better songs from that overall weak IMO Tea Party record
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
    smarchee wrote:
    I remember seeing her at one of those Edgefest's in the mid-to-late 1990s and, wow, could she sing. She has an amazing voice.

I really like the backup vocals she did on the Tea Party track "Wishing You Would Stay". One of the better songs from that overall weak IMO Tea Party record

well said. If the Tea Party were smart they would have released that as the single. They went straight downhill after Tryptych in my opinion. I like Holly's vocals on "Beautiful Blue"
  • coachchriscoachchris Posts: 749
    yay! another Holly fan! :D

I haven't got Chin Up Buttercup yet... but I plan to....
    How does it sound? acousticey?

I miss her rockin' out, like on Stuff...

Home Is Where My Feet Are, and Komrade Sessions are nice, but soooo mellow...

I wanna hear her belt it out again!!!

WHERE DO YOU FIT IN??

It seems like Holly fans are hard to come by since Stuff really which is unfortunate. I've always loved her voice and there's 3 or 4 songs which go back to that style. The rest is a little softer but still has an edge to it, it's kind of hard to explain. If you're a fan, I really think you'll dig this new cd!

As far as the Tea Party is concerned, they were one of my favourite live performances! I've seen them over a dozen times and never walked away unsatisfied, and they always sounded incredible too!! I recently saw Jeff Martin in concert and it was still amazing! As long as he continues to tour, I will continue to shell out my hard earned coin :) Holly did sound great on Wishing You Would Stay and her voice was easily pegged the first time I listed to the cd!

Kind of off topic but Sarah Harmer is nice with Gord Downie on the song Silver Road as well ;)
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.