Has anyone seen Manson live?

dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Marilyn Manson is going on tour and I kinda want to go. I just have a feeling i'm going to feel out of place. Is it going to be like going to a rap concert? lol
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• righteousbaberighteousbabe Posts: 662
    I have seen him live 4 times. Always a good show. There are lots of different types of people there. They aren't all goths, at least at the concerts I went to. I went with my dad and he had a good time. Just a wholesome family experience. I have never been to a rap concert so I don't know if they are similar.

So far there are no dates up here otherwise I would go again for sure.

Those Slayer fans might be a little crazy though.
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    I have seen him live 4 times. Always a good show. There are lots of different types of people there. They aren't all goths, at least at the concerts I went to. I went with my dad and he had a good time. Just a wholesome family experience. I have never been to a rap concert so I don't know if they are similar.

So far there are no dates up here otherwise I would go again for sure.

Those Slayer fans might be a little crazy though.

Well what I meant by rap concert is all these gangsta guys there and you're the only "normal" looking person.
  • faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    ive seen them many times dating back to '94 when they opened for nine inch nails. the shows defiinitely got better over time. the last time i saw them was when they were on ozzfest, so it was a short set, however it was a good show. marilyn manson has a strong stage presence, like him or not.

i never felt like the odd man out either to answer your question. if you like them, you should definitely go.
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• western pearlwestern pearl Posts: 632
    Well what I meant by rap concert is all these gangsta guys there and you're the only "normal" looking person.

A lot of times isn't it just a bunch of preppy white kids?
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    Manson's gotta be mildly entertaining...how much are tix?
    "It's all happening"
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    Saw him on ACSS and Mech Animals Tours....both great shows.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    i am a big fan. Whats everyones take on him dating Evan Rachel Wood? I think she is one of the best actresses of our generation, but its pretty wierd for Manson to be dating a 19 or 20 year old. Even I think thats a bit wierd.
  • moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    seen him once. *yawn* pretty boring, didn't live up to the hype. the only reason i went was because at the time, he was saying he was going to kill himself on stage...didn't know when, didn't know where, but he was going to do it. i remember thinking "i'll be damned if i'm gonna miss that".

the best part of the night was standing outside, waiting for the doors to open. there were a bunch of christians going up and down the line, asking people not to go in. when they got to us, my buddy said "i'll stay out if you give me $75 for the ticket i bought." they said no and my buddy quickly replied "oh, my soul's not worth a measly $75 to you?"
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • deadmosquitodeadmosquito Posts: 729
    i saw him at the 9:30 club in dc when he was touring for the greatest hits album. awesome show. there were a lot of people all dressed in black there, but i didn't feel out of place and everyone seemed really nice. definitely a fun show. manson is an entertainer, that's for sure, and it really comes across in his stage presence and everything. i can't wait to go to another show.
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    I've seen him three times and enjoyed every single one. He knows how to sell himself on stage. It's almost like the ballet. Lots of costumes and theatrics (my favorite performance each time was "Antichrist Superstar"). It's worth it if he still does all that.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • [quote=western pear
  • Well what I meant by rap concert is all these gangsta guys there and you're the only "normal" looking person.

"Racisms still alive, they just be concealin' it" - Kanye West
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Get yourself there he is good. Saw him on Mecanical Animals tour awesome show.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    Ive seen them twice and hoping to see them this year, great great show, some cool theatrics, will be intereting to see them with their new guitarist
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    Get yourself there he is good. Saw him on Mecanical Animals tour awesome show.:)

Lucky...my fav manson era and I missed it
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Don't miss it!! And don't feel like you can't go because you'll be out of place. I think most of the people around us where in their 30's and some even their 40's. And all the other folk, the goths, the metal heads, well everybody was great. Actually the biggest problem we had was being searched on the way into the arena, and having any sharp objects taken. Like belts??? :confused:
    The biggest tools of the night were security as usual! :rolleyes:

I've seen Manson twice now, once at Big Day Out with Korn, and once on his own around 2003 I think. And both times it was amazing! Just amazing!!

Don't miss it! It's like Rocky Horror on steroids, but better!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    he's also playing with slayer, i think it'll be a good show
    i enjoy the new album and how it's more guitar-oriented
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    I seen him Glasgow Gig on the Green 2001 and he was fukin awesome!! Pure presence he has on stage, I remember he came out on these big stilts, it was surreal, can't express enough how good he is live IMO

http://www.musicphotoagency.com/viewphoto.php?albumId=229&imageId=1195
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    hodge wrote:
    he's also playing with slayer, i think it'll be a good show
    i enjoy the new album and how it's more guitar-oriented

Wonder what the Slayer fans will make of his new sound, lol. I love it.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    I've seen him twice and both shows were really amazing. He puts on a really entertaining show and it is well worth the money...go!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • I saw MM 3 times before the release of Smells Like Children came out in '95, and i am almost loathe to say it, but they were some of the most intense, crazy, well performed shows i have ever seen!

Like /\/ / \/\ , i am pretty sceptical of current performances, but if it was even 1\10th of the show that he used to put on, it is probably worth the money.

Of course nothing beats a small club!
    :D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    wow. I am absolutely surprised with the positive feedback Marilyn Manson is getting on a Pearl Jam forum. I like the guy, never really heard his music all too much, but I feel like he's just like "I don't give a crap what you think about me." Nice.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    I don't know why, but when I read your title I thought you were referring to Charlie. I was thinking, "now that would be a fucked up show!"
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • I have seen him 3 times. Manson is AWESOME live! The shows that I have seen have all been really good stage shows. It's true, don't feel like you will be out of place, yes there will be scary people there, but you will find that more then half of the people that go are normal 20-40 year olds.

You will have those people who shaved their head, and have angel wings made out of the cardboard displays from their latest science fair project glued to their backs. Take a camera it will be worth it.

Also make sure you watch out for the Sunshine Jesus Happy People who are dressed like Stuart Smalley from SNL. They will run up to you like used car salesmen and try to talk to you for like 20 minutes about Jesus. Not that there is anything wrong with that (To each their own), just expect it. :O)