Options

UK Hip-Hop?

RobertRobert Posts: 22
edited April 2006 in Other Music
ok I know that I will be shooting myself in the foot here when I ask this but does anyone else listen to UK Hip-Hop?

Pearl Jam are the only Grunge/Rock music I listen to the only other music I listen to is Uk Hip-Hop,

I'm not talking about stuff like So Solid Crew, Dizzee Rascal and other main stream crap like that!

I listen to people like:

Blade
Jhest
Task Force
Skinnyman
Respek BA
DJ Louis Slipperz

there are too many to say but thats the main ones I listen to

well am I alone??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dr jamdr jam Posts: 69
    *whispers*

Black Twang
    Rodney P (does he count?)

*coughs*

*backs away slowly*
  • Options
    ha ha!

yeah man Rodney P is a UK hero mate!

I was just wondering.....
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    One of my nephews likes this bunch called Roll Deep, or something. Do they count?
  • Options
    psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    how about roots manuva? i like him quite a bit...

it might be too mainstream for you but what do you think of the streets? i really enjoy mike skinner's lyrics...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • Options
    yeah all a bit main streem the UK Hip-Hop scene is really fikkle if you make it you are classed as a sell out so there are groups like Task Force who don't make videos, don't heavy promote their album don't play that many shows outside of London they feel if you are a part of the 'underground' you will know where to pick up their stuff know when it's out and what to do

where as you get people like The Streets who no offence who back stabbed alot of people to get to where he is guys I know knew him before he made it big and said that he used to be really cool and always worked with them and then he got some air play on bbc radio1 got signed to a major and nicked all these peoples work and classed it as his and made a shed load of cash off of their work

there is alot of guff UK stuff out there but then again there is alot of great stuff