The Cure have the Best live show Going!!!

stranger34stranger34 Posts: 235
edited June 2008 in Other Music
Yes I think even better than Pearl Jam. My four favorite bands are PJ, the Cure, REM, and the Smiths. Ive been to over 100 concerts and I never thought Id say one was better than PJ MSG1 in 03. But the Cure at MSG last night was. First of all, best sound system I've ever heard. Second they Played something like 35 Songs over the course of 3 hours and they were absolutely relentless. They have dropped the keyboardist and just rock, and rock, and ROCK for 3 fucking hours.

Setlist:

20.06.2008 New York - Madison Square Garden (USA/NY)
underneath the stars, prayers for rain, a night like this, the end of the world, lovesong, to wish impossible things, pictures of you, lullaby, fascination street, from the edge of the deep green sea, the perfect boy, hot hot hot!!!, the only one, wrong number, the walk, sleep when i'm dead, push, friday i'm in love, inbetween days, just like heaven, primary, shake dog shake, charlotte sometimes, one hundred years, baby rag dog book,
E1: if only tonight we could sleep..., the kiss,
E2: freakshow, close to me, why can't i be you?,
E3: boys don't cry, jumping someone else's train, grinding halt, 10:15 saturday night, killing an arab
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• electronblueelectronblue Posts: 3,460
    stranger34 wrote:
    Yes I think even better than Pearl Jam. My four favorite bands are PJ, the Cure, REM, and the Smiths. Ive been to over 100 concerts and I never thought Id say one was better than PJ MSG1 in 03. But the Cure at MSG last night was. First of all, best sound system I've ever heard. Second they Played something like 35 Songs over the course of 3 hours and they were absolutely relentless. They have dropped the keyboardist and just rock, and rock, and ROCK for 3 fucking hours.

Setlist:

20.06.2008 New York - Madison Square Garden (USA/NY)
    underneath the stars, prayers for rain, a night like this, the end of the world, lovesong, to wish impossible things, pictures of you, lullaby, fascination street, from the edge of the deep green sea, the perfect boy, hot hot hot!!!, the only one, wrong number, the walk, sleep when i'm dead, push, friday i'm in love, inbetween days, just like heaven, primary, shake dog shake, charlotte sometimes, one hundred years, baby rag dog book,
    E1: if only tonight we could sleep..., the kiss,
    E2: freakshow, close to me, why can't i be you?,
    E3: boys don't cry, jumping someone else's train, grinding halt, 10:15 saturday night, killing an arab

sounds SUWEET!!... <3<3<3 the cURe...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• I saw the cure live once years ago and it was...alright. they seemed a bit dead on stage but the best bit was when they did play for today and the whole crowd started jumping. that was pretty cool.

Best show I've ever been to hands down was pearl jam in 93 brixton academy. Last year's wembley show comes pretty close too. No-other band can touch them in my experience.
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• stranger34stranger34 Posts: 235
    I saw the cure live once years ago and it was...alright. they seemed a bit dead on stage but the best bit was when they did play for today and the whole crowd started jumping. that was pretty cool.

Best show I've ever been to hands down was pearl jam in 93 brixton academy. Last year's wembley show comes pretty close too. No-other band can touch them in my experience.

I saw them in 05 and it was a decent show. Trust me I wasnt expecting much last night. It was a reschedule from last September and having it sandwiched between 3 PJ shows I honestly expected to sit there and twiddle my thumbs while they bored me. Boy was I in shock!
  • nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    I saw them at Red Rocks last month and it was amazing! Great show. I still think the Prayer Tour in 1989 was their best tour, but this tour is a close second.
  • I saw them in 04 in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio on the Curiosa festival. It was great! One of the best shows i've been to. They really didn't play a lot of hit songs, which is cool with me. The setlists were a little more mixed up on that tour, so you really didn't know what to expect. True, they don't do that much on stage, just stand there and play, but they sound great, and Robert still has a great voice.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    Saw them this year in Wembley. And it is was one of the best live shows i have ever been to. They played for 3 hours 30 mins.

Crazy stuff, such a good band as they havee soo many good songs.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Aaaaah I struggled with this one. I had been planning to go to the MSG Cure show, and then when Pearl Jam announced, I agonized a lot. I decided in favor of Pearl Jam (and glad I did, read my Camden 2 post), but I did go to Radio City on Saturday night and it was an amazing show. They are definitely up there at Pearl Jam's level in terms of live show. They play for hours, and they just play. And play. And play. I'm still a relatively new fan, so I can't even tell the whole setlist of Radio City, but we got Hanging Garden, and The Baby Screams, One Hundred Years among others. Seeing their live show at Download last year was what turned me into a fan.

One annoying thing at Radio City (is it always like this?) was I was in a balcony section of people who wanted to SIT the whole time! (They were older I guess, but I'm not 20 either) When some people in front of me stood up I jumped right up too. I think I'll avoid balcony at Radio City if at all possible in future.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
    My experience of The Cure was an awesome one. First time seeing them and Wow!!! The band still has it going on. The band had MSG dancing up a storm. I really liked it a lot..They played 35 songs- 3 hours, 9pm-12pm. I would have gone to see them the next day but I had to attend a matrimony reception.
    Hopefully they come around again.