Bon Jovi - Ballads or Anthem/Rock Songs

HBK2005HBK2005 Posts: 11
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Hi fellow Jovi fans!

Just wondering which type of Bon Jovi song you prefer?

Ballads or Anthem/Rock Songs(Living On A Prayer)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Bon Jovi's best songs are the ones played on the radio when the volume is at 0.
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky...A human being that was giveeeeeeeeeeeeen to flllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • Bon Jovi has a special place reserved for them in hell.
  • I can't tell "It's my life" from "Have a Nice Day". crap
  • I can't tell "It's my life" from "Have a Nice Day". crap

That's because it is in fact the same song. All of his songs are the exact same.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Bon Jovi's best songs are the ones played on the radio when the volume is at 0.

lol

I can get my kids to do ANYTHING if I threaten to start singing Living on a Prayer.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Sorry to pile on bro, I know you made this thread hoping to find some fellow Bon Jovi fans on this board but I'll give you my take on Bon Jovi :

I'm 35 yrs od
    Bon Jovi was cool for about a year
    Livin on a prayer, Wanted dead or alive - big stuff back in the day
    Then it got a little annoying
    Then he stopped teasing his hair and starting perming it...
    to one side
    Then they became the band on the radio you think you need to just change the station
    Then they become the darlings of the radio with not-very
    original songs
    Then you see Bon Jovi climbing ladders in previews for movies you will never see
    Then you see Bon Jovi telling us how wonderful Al Gore is
    Then you see Bon Jovi telling us what it's like to live the life of a rock star ( hair no longer permed)
    Then you see Bon Jovi on Arena Football Fields
    Yet you still see them drawing huge #'s of people into stadiums
    You start to try to figure out how that's possible
    You start to drink
    You wake up hungover
    You go to the diner the next day to get some greasy eggs
    You feel up to getting a haircut
    The 17yr old girl cutting your hair is on her cell phone telling her friend she went to see Bon Jovi last night, and he was completely " awesome" and that it was " so wild "
    You tip her one less buck than you normally would
    Go put that extra buck on the bar
    Order a Jim Bean on the rocks
    It's 12:45pm
    You get a few in you, and some Newport smoking housewife rolls over to the jukebox and plays
    " It's my life"
    You throw down the rest of your drink, go to take a piss, come out and she follows it up with a country song.....
    not bad you think......untill you realize it's Bon Jovi playing a country song in a bar in the middle of the afternoon, and you're listening to it

You somehow make it through your day, relax at night, have another drink go to your favorite message board, and someone starts a thread about Bon Jovi... You kick the newport bitch out of bed....out of your house...and drink yourself
    to sleep

Good Night
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired