Def Leppard vs. Bon Jovi

HBK2005HBK2005 Posts: 11
edited March 2007 in Other Music
I've been a Bon Jovi fan since i was really young to this present day!Have all there studio albums apart from Bounce.

Recently borrowed the best of - Def Leppard.And was really impressed that i liked the majority of the songs.

.But Jovi survived the 90s and made big impacts in the 00s
.Jovi have sold a lot more,have a bigger fan base

Who's better?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i dont think i can name a single def leppard song, but i can name several bon jovi tunes i dig... so i vote for them.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    jovi only cause of slippery when wet, that cd is a classic
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Def Leppard's first 4 albums, especially High N Dry were awesome. No question from me who is better. A lot of people may not have been around for the huge Def Leppard days because they are too young, so Bon Jovi may be something they know better.
  • suck vs suck
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Since this is the exact same topic you posted over at RateYourMusic, I'll use the same response:

They both lose.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • 'Pour Some Sugar on Me' and anything on 'Hysteria' beats anything by Bon Jovi. When I was a kid Def Leppard were my favourite band right before Pearl Jam. When I bought Ten my Def Leppard albums went out the window.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Bon Jovi are pretty bad but have some catchy songs. Def Leppard are easily the worst band to have ever graced this earth. their music is so steeped in shit I can't get my head around it. When love and hate collide is putrid and lets get rocked it so bad it make me vomit a little bit in my mouth.

so bon jovi :D even though they are pretty poor too.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Both bands are pure evil.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • I can't stand Bon Jovi. One of the worst popular bands out there by far, and there are a lot of them in my opinion.

Def Leppard does blow as mentioned above, but I did totally dig High and Dry when I was a kids in the 80's.
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    both of these bands suck!
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    When I was a kid Def Leppard were my favourite band right before Pearl Jam. When I bought Ten my Def Leppard albums went out the window.

That's the same for me. I did own all Def Leppard albums upto Adrenalize and all Bon Jovi albums upto 'Keep the Faith' (then I discover an album called 'ten' and my music taste completely changed!) The Leppard were by far the better band, I could probably still enjoy Hysteria and Pyromania.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I know I'm in danger of sounding elitist here but:

Why would you post this here?!
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Def Leppard based on their 1st 3 records.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Soupy wrote:
    That's the same for me. I did own all Def Leppard albums upto Adrenalize and all Bon Jovi albums upto 'Keep the Faith' (then I discover an album called 'ten' and my music taste completely changed!) The Leppard were by far the better band, I could probably still enjoy Hysteria and Pyromania.

Yeah I could still enjoy those :D Nostalgia and all that.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Hysteria is the quintessential 80s hair metal album. Seven singles off of that record, and six of them went Top 10.

Pyromania isn't too far behind either.

A lot of the success has to be attributed to their producer Matt Lange. IMO, Pyromania and Hysteria are by far the best produced albums in the genre of hair metal.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    Def Leppard by a wide margin.

I still know Pyromania and Hysteria note for note, and even a weaker album like High n Dry has more balls than the best of Bon Jovi.

In fact, the only Bon Jovi album that's worth anything is Slippery When Wet.

However, both bands suck massive llama ass these days.
  • RyeGuyRyeGuy Posts: 215
    Bon Jovi all the way
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense." Ed Ved

"No one cares about climbing stairs, Nothing at the top no more." Chris Cornell
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    what has nine arms and sucks

def leppard
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Def Leppard doesn't bother me nearly as much as Bon Jovi does. I have great memories of the "Hysteria" album and "Slippery When Wet" made me want to puke.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    if you want sappy love songs then Bon Jovi (good songs just sappy- though Dead or Alive is great)

Def Leppard is more Heavy Metal, granted once the drummer lost his arm they got a little softer.

There are few albums better than Pyromania and Hysteria

Pyromania is worth getting on my top ten of all time
  • A lot of the success has to be attributed to their producer Matt Lange

Nod nod. One of my favourite artists as a kid was Bryan Adams; it was when I heard that Lange also worked with Leppard that I started to listen to them as well. Good times! When PJ and grunge arrived, those guys went out the window, but I've still got fond memories of both - especially Bryan Adams.

Even now, I think any artist would be hard pressed to come up with a better song than 'Can't Stop This Thing We Started', 'Summer of 69', 'Heaven' or 'Everything I do'. :eek: Bring on the flames....