Anyone into coldplay?

kl2kl2 Posts: 22
edited January 2006 in Other Music
How do you guys rate em,personally they are my 2nd favourite group,so much quality in the songs,and each album kicks ass
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    Hi..welcome to the board.

i think generally people here consider coldplay to be a 2nd rate band. not the worst..but definitely overrated.

they used to be my 2nd fav band as well..i loved the brothers and sisters ep and parachutes..i mean some songs on it were just top notch. Yellow, Trouble, Sparks.. that was one helluba debut album..

A rush of blood was good still, Martin did a BRILLIANT job on the lyrics, on the title track and on Politik, for example..those were superb. there were some reasonably good tunes, God put a smile, green eyes, warning sign was good as well.. these first 2 albums were solid efforts..

on X&Y imho they are RUBBISH. the flow of the album is lousy, and i dont hear one single good song. Talk is a rubbish song, and fix you despite a solid melody fails MISERABLY in the lyrical department. swallowed in the sea is the green eyes of x&y, the only solid song on the record..

ill wait for the next album to finalise my judgments..but i wish theyd go back to the parachutes days, softer, more melodic and soulful..it was a breath of fresh air..now theyre just an ordinary band..sometimes evolution doesn come out right. (no pun intended regarding the other thread) ;)
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006

i think generally people here consider coldplay to be a 2nd rate band. not the worst..but definitely overrated.

they used to be my 2nd fav band as well..i loved the brothers and sisters ep and parachutes..i mean some songs on it were just top notch. Yellow, Trouble, Sparks.. that was one helluva debut album..

A rush of blood was good still, Martin did a BRILLIANT job on the lyrics, on the title track and on Politik, for example..those were superb. there were some reasonably good tunes, God put a smile, green eyes, warning sign was good as well.. these first 2 albums were solid efforts..

on X&Y imho they are RUBBISH. the flow of the album is lousy, and i dont hear one single good song. Talk is a rubbish song, and fix you despite a solid melody fails MISERABLY in the lyrical department. swallowed in the sea is the green eyes of x&y, the only solid song on the record..

ill wait for the next album to finalise my judgments..but i wish theyd go back to the parachutes days, softer, more melodic and soulful..it was a breath of fresh air..now theyre just an ordinary band..sometimes evolution doesn come out right. (no pun intended regarding the other thread) ;)
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

London 20/04/2006

they used to be my 2nd fav band as well..i loved the brothers and sisters ep and parachutes..i mean some songs on it were just top notch. Yellow, Trouble, Sparks.. that was one helluva debut album..

London 20/04/2006
    i swear i have no idea how that could have happened. my comp stalled and when i checked it was triple..even if i was post whoring it wouldn be that obvious.. lol.. sorry

(yes! one more post done)

:D

London 20/04/2006
  • I'll just post this once for a change ;)

I like the earlier Coldplay, Parachutes and Rush Of Blood, I think they went in the wrong direction with X&Y. They should have gone more in the direction of a rock-band as they had done on their first two records. They're more like an orchestra on X&Y and it's just to much for me personally. I think the songs would really have benefitted if they had held back a little when it comes to arrangements and stuff.
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • I ordered Rush of Blood to the Head and have not received it yet, but what I've heard, I like.
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Never heard of them. Are they any good?
  • cookie5798 wrote:
    I ordered Rush of Blood to the Head and have not received it yet, but what I've heard, I like.

What have you heard? X&Y or Parachutes?
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • eldermanelderman Posts: 180
    My first post and here I am on about Coldplay!! Thats sad but anyhow...........I think Chris Martin has one of the most annoying voices in rock music.
    On the other hand Eddie has just about the best around, no question.
  • im not a crazy fan or anything but i do like them
    especially i like the song fix you
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • coldplay is a good band but i cannot stand listening to their songs for a long time...it makes me sleepy because of the singing style of its vocale:D
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    gabers wrote:
    Never heard of them. Are they any good?

yeah. cold who? a play what?

i like them, i don't care if lot of people around here don't.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,845
    chris martin has been castrated.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    ok, i think that parachutes was very good, especially shiver! great song

rush of blood was like, ok.. bit disppointed,

but x and y, really doesn't work for me, i think its really realy bad

brisk

VED YOU POST WHORE!!!
    I BrisK I wrote:

VED YOU POST WHORE!!!

oh ure only encouraging me to post again in response...ill say..uhm..blah! :D

London 20/04/2006
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    shahril wrote:
    oh ure only encouraging me to post again in response...ill say..uhm..blah! :D

look at me , IAM MR POST WHORE 2006 :)

your catching up, i havent checked this forum for days, postface
    I BrisK I wrote:
    look at me , IAM MR POST WHORE 2006 :)

your catching up, i havent checked this forum for days, postface

i am catching up..ure going down..ull owe me one coke if we meet during one of the shows here.

London 20/04/2006
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    shahril wrote:

you can say thats my exactly opinion too...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute