Smashing Pumpkins at Lolla also????

chicagoguychicagoguy Posts: 12
edited March 2007 in Other Music
This is totally just my guess but it still would be pretty cool. PJ worth the price of admission alone, but this would be a nice secondary reason to go.

Smashing Pumpkins album has a name, release date

The next Smashing Pumpkins album has a name and an ideal release date--if frontman Billy Corgan gets his way.

The upcoming disc will be called "Zeitgeist" (dictionary definition: "the spirit of the age"), the band announced to MySpace members that have added it as a "friend," billboard.com reports.

In addition, a release date of July 7 was announced (a.k.a. 7/7/07), but it falls on a Saturday. CDs typically come out on Tuesdays, but Corgan is known for having, shall we say, a strong will.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 730
    fuck corgan
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    ewokpelts wrote:
    fuck corgan

eat dirt hater!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I always liked the Pumpkins.
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I always liked the Pumpkins.

lets break ewokpelts legs
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • I was a huge SP fan back in the Gish days, Siamese Dream the last listenable SP album for me. I have this pipe dream that Corgan will bow to the old school fans and play Gish in its entirety at some of the shows, that, would be the ultimate, because to be honest, I don't want to hear Machina, Tonight-Tonight or 1979, ugh!
  • This has been pretty common knowledge for a while now but it's still cool to hear about it.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • that billy and the guys aren't hater with one another....

i've seen billy and jimmy 4 times (pumpkins and zwan) and have met them each time... they are so down to earth. It would be amazing to see my favorite band in the world and have the pumpkins play a homecoming the same weekend.
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I would bet heavily on it. Like Pearl Jam, they were part of the early Lolla scene. They hail from Chicago, which would make it even more special.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    James and D'Arcy aren't even back in the band are they? Calling them Smashing Pumpkins without them is calling Guns' N Roses with only Axl.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    D'arcy was a mess when I saw them on their last tour - left the stage several times. As for James, didn't Corgan play most of the guitar parts on the albums? Bigger SP fans than I might know more about that.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    nukeboot wrote:
    D'arcy was a mess when I saw them on their last tour - left the stage several times. As for James, didn't Corgan play most of the guitar parts on the albums? Bigger SP fans than I might know more about that.
    Yeah, I don't really care too much, just curious. Thanks for the info. I know James was a part of APC.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
    dirtyT wrote:
    James and D'Arcy aren't even back in the band are they? Calling them Smashing Pumpkins without them is calling Guns' N Roses with only Axl.

who cares about them.... all you need is corgan and chamberlain
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Billy said after they played it (in 1996?) that "The Smashing Pumpkins will never play at lollapalooza again".

So I doubt it.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    ewokpelts wrote:
    fuck corgan

Haha....NICE!!

I don't particularly care for Corgan as a dude but he's put out a few pretty great albums.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
    Haha....NICE!!

I don't particularly care for Corgan as a dude but he's put out a few pretty great albums.

exactly.. we dont hang out with the guy.... we listen to his amazing damn music lol
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • That would be sweet. Plus I've heard rumors of Rage being at Palooza. Plus what if AiC came? I saw them in Nov. and they were amazing, even though I still miss Layne. So with those three, plus Black Keys and Flaming Lips.......add Primus and Satellite Party and I think you have the greatest Palooza in the 2000's......

Now if only Screaming Tree's got back together....
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I'm hoping Corgan busts out a few classics at shows!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    The less you know, the more you believe.
    That would be sweet. Plus I've heard rumors of Rage being at Palooza. Plus what if AiC came? I saw them in Nov. and they were amazing, even though I still miss Layne. So with those three, plus Black Keys and Flaming Lips.......add Primus and Satellite Party and I think you have the greatest Palooza in the 2000's......

Now if only Screaming Tree's got back together....

just for shits and giggles how bout we throw in My morning jacket, tv on the radio, kings of leon and ween??
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    bharQ wrote:
    lets break ewokpelts legs
    little testy arent we?

corgan's a pretentious prick. and a liar. the music he writes may be good(although his solo record zucked worse than zima), but i can still hate the man
    Billy said after they played it (in 1996?) that "The Smashing Pumpkins will never play at lollapalooza again".

So I doubt it.
    he also vowed NEVER to reunite the pumpkins...so there
  • I also heard that Kurt Cobain was coming back from the dead and Nirvana was going to have a little reunion at Lollapalooza. Also, did someone say Soundgarden reunion?

Come on people.
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead."
    I also heard that Kurt Cobain was coming back from the dead and Nirvana was going to have a little reunion at Lollapalooza. Also, did someone say Soundgarden reunion?

Come on people.

Wow Funny stuff
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    They will be there.
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    give me 2007: Arcade Fire, the Decemberists, Ween, Wilco, Menomena, Bloc Party, the Shins, Flaming Lips, Modest Mouse, Feist and Interpol (all of whom have/had new albums recently and could quite possibly show up at Lolla)

over 1992: Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, AIC, RATM, Screaming Trees and Soundgarden

......anyday
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Todd76 wrote:
    give me 2007: Arcade Fire, the Decemberists, Ween, Wilco, Menomena, Bloc Party, the Shins, Flaming Lips, Modest Mouse, Feist and Interpol (all of whom have/had new albums recently and could quite possibly show up at Lolla)

over 1992: Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, AIC, RATM, Screaming Trees and Soundgarden

......anyday

Well ya got the Pumpkins and Interpol at Virgin fest this year in Toronto..so that may save the driving to Chicago for me if Pearl Jam actually books a show closer to here.
    Barrie: 08/22/98 Boston 09 28-29/04
    Buffalo 05/02/03 Hamilton 09/13/05
    Kitchener: 09/11/05 London:09/12/05
    Montreal: 06/29/03, 09/15/05 Ottawa: 09/16/05 Toronto:9/21/96, 10/05/00, 06/28/03, 09/19/05, 05/09-10/06
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Well ya got the Pumpkins and Interpol at Virgin fest this year in Toronto..so that may save the driving to Chicago for me if Pearl Jam actually books a show closer to here.

did they announce the line-up?????

......I checked the Virgin site yesterday and it said the Toronto show was still TBA

EDIT: sorry - just saw the thread started here :)
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Just heard that Pumpkins are playing Lolla for certain.
    There was an attempt to book them at a large outdoor venue in Wisconsin but the Lolla thing made it a no go for there.

Also... As of yesterday RATM is in talks to play the large outdoor Wisconsin venue this summer.