ALICE IN CHAINS TORONTO Last night

mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 965
edited November 2006 in Other Music
WOW what a show. Lead singer was awesome. If you closed your eyes you would have thought its was Layne. Jerry was the star as usual. Played for 2hrs, crowd was into it. just a great show overall. I didnt know what to expect, but I was absolutely blown away. I recommend going to check them out if you have the chance.
Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    that was quite an experience. it was a spectacular show. duvall was great, and i can only imagine how great their shows were with layne. i walked out of the kool haus with my jaw still dropped. it was easily the best concert i've ever seen. i definitely recommend that everyone goes and sees them.
  • I didn't even know this was going on here.
    Just talked to a friend who said it was an outstanding
    experience.
    there was some sort of video tribute to Layne in the background?
    confirm anyone?
    your eyes make a circle,
    I see you when I go in there.
  • mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 965
    yes they did a little Layne tribute when they were setting up for the acoustic set. Just some picutes and videos of Layne and group. Definetly id go she them again if they decided to come back one day.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
    i really want to get my hands on a copy of that tribute.
  • What an amazing concert it was. 4 of us went, not expecting too much, and we were blown away. They played a huge chunk of their catalogue, and the new guy was great. Top 5 concerts I've seen for sure. I love how they came out hard, then slid into the acoustic stuff (which blew me away), and then finish off heavy. It was loud and rockin' with a great crowd. So many grungy looking people. Long hair on dudes, the colour black and some plaid was quite popular. It almost felt like I went back like 13 years in time. Awesome. My favourite tunes of the night were nutshell, don't follow and of course Got me Wrong (which was incredible). The video tribute to Layne was cool too. Really glad I got the opportunity too see this band.
  • Had an amazing time, and honestly I wasn't expecting much from the new singer...despite all the great reviews from fans. I've never actually been to a show at the Warehouse/Kool Haus (not much of a bar show person) but it was a really cool place. The sound was amazing, the loudest I've heard in a long time. I loved the video tribute, thought it suited everything quite well, and it made sure that everyone knew that this tour was in no way disrespecting or forgetting Layne. I liked the little acoustic set, was blown away by the power these songs still have. I definitely enjoyed people watching...a lot of these people you just don't see anywhere but at a concert like this. And I kind of new Would? would end the set from setlists I've seen, but that's been one of my favourite songs ever since I got the soundtrack to Singles. I went out and bought some AIC albums just after getting that, but that's always gonna be my favourite AIC song. Rooster was so much fun, the crowd reacted so great, and Man in the Box was killer! Well...everything was killer. The show definitely exceeded my expectations from a band I thought would never come back.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
    a couple of days removed from the show now, and i keep finding myself reminiscing on the sheer power of the acoustic set. brother really affected me, and don't follow seemed to draw from honest emotions. i'm still waiting for a bootleg to surface, and i'm usually patient about these things, but i want it NOW.