How is there not a Linkin Park thread today?!!

Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter Posts: 2,832
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Minutes to Midnight may be more of a punk/hip hop/emo sound, but it kicks ass. Just picked up the CD today and I love basically every track but the last three, in particular, Given Up, Bleed it Out, Shadow of the Day, and No More Sorrow.
Tour dates please....put this album in the mix with Meteora and Reanimation shit and you got yourselves a great show.
Anyone else like the new album?
2005: Borgata 2, Philly
2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
2012: Made in America
2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
2015: Global Citizens
2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    They are all mourning the loss of Jerry!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    I liked the 2 new songs they played on SNL. I was going to go buy at lunch, but this work thing got in the way!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Ive heard the single on the radio a few times and really liked it. Did I hear that they are kinda ditching the rap/rock thing? If it means they will sound more like what Ive heard in the new song then I think its a good move.
    Brian
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Linkin Park are terrible, the only threads that should be made about them are ones that are bashing them.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • a very good cd.
  • pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    Linkin Park are terrible, the only threads that should be made about them are ones that are bashing them.

Well they're not terrbile. Just shut the hell up.
  • Linkin Park are terrible, the only threads that should be made about them are ones that are bashing them.

true so true
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    its cool they are now speaking out about the world and the situation in politics today.

What I've Done the video is pretty powerful.
  • i think there already is 1 or 2 threads about this.

it leaked last week sometime. i'm not crazy about it, but i don't think its horrible.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    wait wait wait.... LP suck and Oasis rule? some musical taste you have, sir
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
    oppie1 wrote:
    wait wait wait.... LP suck and Oasis rule? some musical taste you have, sir

Some words to describe Linkin Park's music...........lame, boring, whiney yelling, corporate, untalented, uncool
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Some words to describe Linkin Park's music...........lame, boring, whiney yelling, corporate, untalented, uncool
    those same words describe oasis too

and MMJ
    and Wilco
    and KoL
    and Radiohead
    and Coldplay

the list goes on and on
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• oppie1 wrote:

and MMJ
    and Wilco
    and KoL
    and Radiohead
    and Coldplay

the list goes on and on

I know it's all opinion and whatnot, but you're wrong about MMJ.

As for Linkin Park, I've only heard What I've Done, and to be honest, if they hadn't made it blindingly obvious in every interview they've done that they have "matured", that song wouldn't have informed me. No more generic rap-rock, lots more generic rock.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    This is EVERY Linkin Park song

cheesy electronic intro
    rapping
    screaming guy
    rapping
    screaming guy
    song ends with a similar electronic sound to the intro

EVERY SONG
    I know it's all opinion and whatnot, but you're wrong about MMJ.

As for Linkin Park, I've only heard What I've Done, and to be honest, if they hadn't made it blindingly obvious in every interview they've done that they have "matured", that song wouldn't have informed me. No more generic rap-rock, lots more generic rock.
    MMJ are utter crap

i couldnt sit thru one song when they opened for PJ... not eve ed coming out and doing a song could make me endure 30 seconds of their nonsense
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    oppie1 wrote:
    MMJ are utter crap

i couldnt sit thru one song when they opened for PJ... not eve ed coming out and doing a song could make me endure 30 seconds of their nonsense

Have fun at Boy Hits Car yambag
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
    Brainofdz wrote:
    Have fun at Boy Hits Car yambag
    oh i will shitdick... i cant fucking wait for the show....
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    oppie1 wrote:

and MMJ
    and Wilco
    and KoL
    and Radiohead
    and Coldplay

the list goes on and on
    MMJ are arent any of those, but hey to each is there own. i agree with the rest
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    oppie1 wrote:
    oh i will shitdick... i cant fucking wait for the show....

So that leaves one question; Do you or do you not take it in the jaw?
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
    icarus wrote:
    i kind of liked hybrid theory in high school. then i went to college and found out about this thing called "music."

To actually enjoy Linkin Park.....you have to be either ignorant, a young kid, have really bad taste in music, or def
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• oppie1 wrote:
    MMJ are utter crap

Dislike them all you want, but they're certainly not "untalented". They might not be your style, but no one could create a behemoth like Dondante without some talent.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • I'm not a big Linkin Park fan, but the second song they played on SNL was pretty cool... I think it was Bleed It Out?
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    To actually enjoy Linkin Park.....you have to be either ignorant, a young kid, have really bad taste in music, or def

Oh stop being such an arsehole. I'm not a massive fan of Linkin Park but they've got a few pretty good tunes.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    its cool they are now speaking out about the world and the situation in politics today.

So is everyone who released a record after last summer.

For the record, Linkin Park is a whiney generic rock band that doesn't even come close to being even slightly edgy. The riff in What I've Done is actually pretty neat... the problem is that it's repeated over and over and over again, which makes it boring and repetitive and eventually annoying after you've heard it a few times. The whiney vocals make it even worse. "I hate myself... for what I've done!" Oh shut up Chester. Your singing talents are wasted in the shit band that you're in.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • linkin park is right up there with all of the other processed garbage, like hinder, nickelback, etc. unoriginal and boring.

by the way, my morning jacket is pretty original. ya may not like em, but don't bash their originality.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
    DOSW wrote:
    So is everyone who released a record after last summer.

For the record, Linkin Park is a whiney generic rock band that doesn't even come close to being even slightly edgy. The riff in What I've Done is actually pretty neat... the problem is that it's repeated over and over and over again, which makes it boring and repetitive and eventually annoying after you've heard it a few times. The whiney vocals make it even worse. "I hate myself... for what I've done!" Oh shut up Chester. Your singing talents are wasted in the shit band that you're in.

Well said, not too mention that they stole it from the Halloween movies. They seem to pretty much just recycle the same song over and over again. Going from pretentious, boring lyrics to talking pretentious, boring politics just shows how generic they are.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• chrisopaloozachrisopalooza Posts: 347
    Well they're not terrbile. Just shut the hell up.

no, he was right. they're terrible.
  • Shadow Of The Sun sounds very U2-ish.....anyone else notice that?
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    Too be honest LP aint that bad,much worse out there.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Yeah, I noticed the bass line from With Or Without You but it is not a plagiarism at all. This song is a real gem amongst fantastic songs...I think another "even better" LP record has been released.

Guess what guys? I love LP and Oasis, too...and by the way I think PJ is the best band in the whole wide world...

I don't care people critisising LP for everything they've done or just existing... you are biased and/or deaf critics!!!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London