Collective Soul, Live, Counting Crows

Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter Posts: 2,832
edited July 2007 in Other Music
Just witnessed the first show of their "Triple Play" tour last nite in Wilmington, DE and lemme tell you - AMAZING
Collective Soul played all their hits except Shine, new single Hollywoods is fantastic
Live went on next and rocked for about an hr
CC played every hit imaginable, lead singer wasn't noticeably drunk like usual (his parents, brother, uncle were in attendance), and they played a 14min version of "Round Here" and then immediately after played a 10min version of "A Long December."

Great show, great energy, lots of titties in sundresses and hooker outfits, great tailgating...so much fun. Would def see CC again
2005: Borgata 2, Philly
2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
2012: Made in America
2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
2015: Global Citizens
2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Catching that show in Lakewood NJ in August...
    I have seen Collective Sould about 4 times and enjoyed it every time.
    I have seen Live 10 times and they have run everywhere from a perfect 10 to a 1. The older shows were the best. The more recent ones...eh... Ed got too preachy, but we'll see. The old classics are always great to hear.
    Counting Crowes I saw once. I left after 4 songs. So, I am basically going for Collective Soul and Live, but will give Counting Crowes a shot. The last time it just seemed the first few songs all sounded the same...so I took off...
  • CC shocked me...i would never leave a show...i always get my money's worth
    didnt know much Live until i started hearing the songs...great uniformity from the band
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    my bro was at that show last nite in wilmington. he said of the 7 times he's seen the crows it was prob the best one. he also said they played a very lengthy set, which surprised me, given that live and collective soul were playing. when they're peaking (and adam is not going overboard with his improv wankery), they put on one of the best shows for my $. all truly pro musicians who can play and mostly sing their asses off. some of the old magic/rawness had been missing since ben (drummer) and matt (bassist) left the band, but i think the new album will bring a fresh start since their last new record came out 5 years ago. i'm anticipating a smaller/crows headlined-only tour that will do their live show justice.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848

Great show, great energy, lots of titties in sundresses and hooker outfits, great tailgating...so much fun. Would def see CC again

well thats reason enough!
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    seeing CC has to be one of THE best shows i've been to.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones