deftones
    sepultura
    as i lay dying
    36 crazyfits
    Slipknot ´´love them or hate them´´
    killwitch engaged

they play well....
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    sepultura is okay at best. The rest I couldn't say one good thing about if I tried
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • smokeabudsmokeabud Posts: 253
    "Mother Russia" is one of the greatest metal songs ever. great riff, great breakdown, great solo, great vocals, GREAT EVERYTHING!!
    If you REALLY think that Kiss is better than Iron Maiden, you're an idiot. I won't even get into how lame Rush is.

i personally don't think Kiss was all that great, but as to fan base & record sales. they BLOW Iron Maiden outta the water..

as to Rush, 2112 Overture , ByTor & the Snow Dog.. fucking killer ..

another band that BLOWS away IM is Scorpions .. if U don't think so, check out their older albums.. like : Lonesome Crow, Fly To The Rainbow, Virgin Killer or In Trance ..
    Vote for PJ to play in Alaska

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • Echoes wrote:
    Rush is wicked.

But Maiden's better.

I love this thread...Rush is another one of my all-time favorites. The new DVD Replay X 3 is killer.

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come...."
  • it is a human number
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
  • smokeabud wrote:
    another band that BLOWS away IM is Scorpions .. if U don't think so, check out their older albums.. like : Lonesome Crow, Fly To The Rainbow, Virgin Killer or In Trance ..

Check out their latest studio album, "Unbreakable". It was a return to form...sounds like it could have been released somewhere between Blackout and Love at First Sting. I love it - its been on my heavy rotation list for over a year now.

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come...."
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Too bad Glen Danzig shits and pisses on all of you guys ;)
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
    he should spend that time wrting good songs, then
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    bruce dickinson at this time looks better flying airplanes than on stage........
    he´s a genious. he tought in his future...........
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    born and raised on heavy metal, it flows through my veins, and Maiden was a HUGE part of my metal upbringing. When I was 3, Piece of Mind was the ONLY metal album I listened to religiously. :D Bruce has an AWESOME voice and only Rob Halford can overtop that. :)

Adrian and Dave's dueling guitars are what make Maiden MAIDEN! And the lyrics, made me become a history fan. Silly, but true. Powerslave, i really learned a lot from.

To me, they are the BEST metal band around, even BETTER than Metallica!! yea I said it!! But not better than Judas Priest though:)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    Echoes wrote:
    man I hate seeing metal band lists where people just list bands that were popular in the 80's. I've seen enough lists wher rock fans put down slayer/sabbath/pantera/metallica/maiden/priest/kiss.motley crue to make me barf.

Isn't the 80's when metal was the biggest? There are more 80's metal bands that were good than other decades. Plus, it's the 80's metal sound that people think of when they hear the word metal.

For me:

1. Black Sabbath
    2. Budgie
    3. Pantera
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    for me, black sabath, judas priest, metallica and pantera are my four favs etal bands....
    alobar wrote:
    Isn't the 80's when metal was the biggest? There are more 80's metal bands that were good than other decades. Plus, it's the 80's metal sound that people think of when they hear the word metal.

For me:

1. Black Sabbath
    2. Budgie
    3. Pantera

80's were huge for metal in the sense that there was lots of really popular bands then. I personally, much prefer 90's era bands that are a lot less of the "80's metal sound" which is essentially a parody of itself nowadays. When metal splintered off in the 90's I think a lot of great bands came into their own, like Strapping Young Lad, Morbid Angel, later Death, Emperor, Immortal, etc. I mean metal was the biggeest in the mainstream in the 80's, but that doesn't mean it was the BEST metal. There were some landmark albums of course, there always are, but when I think metal I don't think that "havy metal sound" a billion people know about, I think about the death metal, the black metal bands and so on and so forth.

I know that didn't make much sense, but I'm kind of tired. In short: Metal was the biggest it was ever in the mainstream world in the 80's, but if you ask me, it was not the best, which was what I was lamenting earlier.
  • InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    Powerslave was my first concert and I also saw Seventh Son. Maiden rules there is no doubt about it. My fav Maiden record is Somewhere in Time.

Kiss? That's absurd.
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    1. Metallica
    2 Van Halen
    3 Pantera
    4 Kiss
    5. Black Sabboth

100000000 iron maiden
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
    but seriously what would anyone who thinks van halen is a metal band know about heavy metal
    Echoes wrote:
    but seriously what would anyone who thinks van halen is a metal band know about heavy metal
    they are actually classified under that genre dumbass
  • pjamdude69pjamdude69 Posts: 174
    Never got into Maiden.. Not to say they suck or anything, just was never really interested. For my money, it's (old) Metallica, Priest, Megadeth, Anthrax, Testament... But Slayer ruled them all, and still does to this day... Just my opinion... \m/
    "On the edge of a know-nothin' town, Feelin' quite superior in Den Haag"

11.05.93- Indio, CA
    07.13.98- Inglewood, CA
    10.28.00- San Bernardino, CA
    06.02.03- Irvine, CA
    07.23.06- The Gorge
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    pjamdude69 wrote:
    Never got into Maiden.. Not to say they suck or anything, just was never really interested. For my money, it's (old) Metallica, Priest, Megadeth, Anthrax, Testament... But Slayer ruled them all, and still does to this day... Just my opinion... \m/

They're an acquired taste I'd say. Bad ass musicians to say the least. Try Powerslave if you haven't. Amazing album, better than Number of the Beast if you ask me.
    seanw1010 wrote:
    they are actually classified under that genre dumbass

hahaha alright
  • jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908
    smokeabud wrote:
    another band that BLOWS away IM is Scorpions .. if U don't think so, check out their older albums.. like : Lonesome Crow, Fly To The Rainbow, Virgin Killer or In Trance

Also:
    Lovedrive
    Animal Magnetism
    Blackout

An absolute killer 3 album run.
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    i think they are one of the most overrated metal bands but thats my opinion and i respect the fact you like Maiden just not for me
    Echoes wrote:
    hahaha alright
    seriously, i thought they were rock 2, but it said metal, and they r better than maiden , so yaknow