Ok, so they say Iron Maiden is the greatest metal band

PoyndexterPoyndexter Posts: 92
edited July 2006 in Other Music
...and I agree.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    though I can't agree, Piece of Mind and Number of the Beast are essential metal releases. I mean essential.
  • PoyndexterPoyndexter Posts: 92
    OK, to each his own (as I strangle transplant). But ALL Maiden albums own this kingdom!
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Poyndexter wrote:
    OK, to each his own (as I strangle transplant). But ALL Maiden albums own this kingdom!
    no need for strangulation, I won't really argue, I am a Priest guy. Kinda splitting hairs though, I mean I listened to those 2 bands more than anybody during a 5 year span. I will say though, on a musical level, Maiden are indeed tops...Smith, Murray, McBrain, Harris, hell yes.
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Poyndexter wrote:

man are you honestly going to try and defend Virtual XI? Or Somewhere in Time? Or any of Fear Of The Dark that wasn`t the title track?
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    transplant wrote:
    though I can't agree, Piece of Mind and Number of the Beast are essential metal releases. I mean essential.

I never understood the popularity of Piece of Mind. It's my least favorite. I think Powerslave is much better.
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    danny72688 wrote:
    I never understood the popularity of Piece of Mind. It's my least favorite. I think Powerslave is much better.

Piece of Mind had the Trooper and that is all that matters. The rest is pretty average
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    jejeje, are you still saying this........
    don´t forget iron maiden was a good marketed band too......
    bruce had a excellent voice range, but i hate it, it´s not a metal voice, it´s like a girl screaming in a progressive song....
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    booo

black sabbath
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.