Options

Live

2»

Comments

• Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    mark arm wrote:
    ok, but Soundgarden, Skin Yard, Blood Circus, Tad etc didnt break the scene as Mudhoney (hit it big (as big as you can get being a indie band back in 88') in UK. John Peel loved those guys ). Sure they're not The Beatles, more Velvet Underground or The Stooges I would say.

Live, on the other hand, made it big because of their radio-friendly songs that surely made me sick. oh well.
    i was speaking relavencly wise, not sonically, when refering to the beatles. and i too was really sick of live at one time (lightning crashes on a loop on pop radio) and hadnt listened to them in a while prior to going to this show but the show was awesome, and they played really good, and they have alot of good songs. go listen to secret samahdi and tell me thats not a great album
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Live is still doing there thing really good, and songs from black mountain is a great album not there best but worth buying though.
  • Options
    mark armmark arm Posts: 962
    i was speaking relavencly wise, not sonically, when refering to the beatles.

me too, when I mentioned The Stooges and the V.U ;)
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    mark arm wrote:
    ...into the mainstream so therefore then crappy bands like this one started to hit on the mainstream so then more crappy band like Seven Mary Three and a few names that I cannot remember did the same

Seven Mary Three is vastly underrated. Their catalog is actually very good. Economy of Sound being the only weak link. People only remember the fairly generic rock of American Standard, but Albums like Rock Crown, Orange Ave. and Dislocation are actually pretty good rock albums. And they put on a pretty good live show. I have great respect for JAson Ross as a lyricist...

LIVE has done well for themselves and is in my top 5 all time favorite bands. Possibly the best "drama rock" band in recent memory. To me, all albums except V are pretty good. People knock Birds of Pray, but aside from the lame title there are some pretty good LIVE tracks on that (Lighthouse, RIVER TOWN, SHE, Like I do, etc.)

Not too impressed with what I've heard so far of the new album. The River is lame, but Sofia is great and Mystery seems good... I'll reserve judgement until they make the album available here in the states...
  • Options
    mark armmark arm Posts: 962
    ok. But instead of listening to those crappy mainstream groups I prefer to dive into the underground (whatever that means)
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    I saw them with Counting Crows a few years back.

Good live show from Live.

But haven't listened to anything of thiers since The Distance to Here.
  • Options
    JOHNNY VS.JOHNNY VS. Posts: 39
    Saw the in 2000 at Maple Leaf Gardens and thought they were very good that night. Got a used copy of Throwing Copper. Enjoyed it. Knew a few things on it from radio. Then got Secret Samadhi used as well. Really like this one. Like Binaural in the sense that it's dark, moody and atmospheric. The distance...good disc overall. Then the fall...V and Birds diissapointing. New one? Don't know. However they blew Nickelback off ths stage at the ACC a couple of months ago. I had to review it. My advice to them would be to make a hard rocking smart disc like Copper or Samadhi and win old fans back. They seem kind of stuck and directionless which is a shame because they were damn good at one time on record.
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    mark arm wrote:
    ok. But instead of listening to those crappy mainstream groups I prefer to dive into the underground (whatever that means)
    i dont know what that means either. what you consider mainstream and underground may not be what others do.mainstream meaning bands people know? underground meaning bands noones heard of?
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    Yeah I liked Live quite a lot years ago. I haven't listened in a while, though.
  • Options
    jodijodi Posts: 183
    maybe someone already said this:

pinkpop (the Netherlands) 2000, Pearl Jam performed before Live.

Eddie Vedder: "The next band has a singer called Ed too, but I've heard I give better Ed than he does"

that was funny!
    There's a light,... when my baby's in my arms...
    And I know she's reached my heart,... in thin air
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    Saw them on Howard Stern last night. They seem like a cool bunch of guys, very similiar to Pearl Jam, down to earth. Howard asked them if they felt pressure to make a commercial album and Ed said they have their fanbase and they just try to make songs for themselves and their fans.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    rrivers wrote:
    Howard asked them if they felt pressure to make a commercial album and Ed said they have their fanbase and they just try to make songs for themselves and their fans.
    yeh it seems that way with the last two albums and I'm glad..I'm a fan of their latest one.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    mattmanmattman Posts: 12
    i saw live a few years back. They put on a pretty sweat show. I'm a fan of thier first four albums, however, i could never get into their other stuff.
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh it seems that way with the last two albums and I'm glad..I'm a fan of their latest one.

Is the new album pretty rocking or more mellow?
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Is the new album pretty rocking or more mellow?
    I think it's more rockish than BOP..some of the tracks could fit in "The Distance to Here" but yeh there are some mellow ones too which are very soothing and relaxing.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    Just found out Live performed Mystery on American Idol?!!
    well I thought me sis was joking til i found a video of it
    http://www.naughtrydaughtrygirls.com/ChrisAI5-24-0000.mpg

YNWA
  • Options
    bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
    Thanks for that. I love how that songs show off Ed's vocal range.
  • Options
    Thanks for that. I love how that songs show off Ed's vocal range.
    no problem :)
    Mystery is one of the better songs on the new album as well.

YNWA