...where is Radiohead?

CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
edited August 2007 in Other Music
they've disappeared.

their website is vague.
ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
*NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
*MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
*Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
*Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
*Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
*VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
*EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
*Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• New album out next year. They took forever recording it, and they still have to find a new label and such.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Hi we are bloody radiohead. We are gonna put out an album every 5 years like tool because we are too cool for you wankers.

now piss off........

That is what it should say on their website.

all (bad) jokes aside it will be out next year. It is annoying how long they take between projects.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    New album out next year. They took forever recording it, and they still have to find a new label and such.

Correct. Their new album is completely done and ready to be released, but they don't have a label to promote it and do whatever else labels do. That's what is holding everything back. I read that it will finally be released sometime between Spring and Summer of 2008.
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    intodeep wrote:
    Hi we are bloody radiohead. We are gonna put out an album every 5 years like tool because we are too cool for you wankers.

now piss off........

That is what it should say on their website.

all (bad) jokes aside it will be out next year. It is annoying how long they take between projects.
    that was very funny!

i hate bands like Tool that take forever to put out albums. i stopped listening because i lost intrest.
  • Im glad that question has been asked......
    ive been wonderin about that
  • Welp, this is the longest they've taken to release a record, but it'll be worth the wait... the songs that I've seen live (from the new record) are just fucking awesome.... let's just hope this isn't their last record/tour.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Trailer wrote:
    Correct. Their new album is completely done and ready to be released, but they don't have a label to promote it and do whatever else labels do. That's what is holding everything back. I read that it will finally be released sometime between Spring and Summer of 2008.

Surely labels would be in heated competion to sign this band and not radiohead looking for a label. I'd imagine any label would gladdly give them the best deal possible.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    dunno about radiohead, but i know johnny's in my basement, mixing up some medicine. ;):D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i've got some version or the other of

Arpeggi
    down is the new up
    follow me around
    good morning mr. magpie
    house of cards
    last flowers til hospital
    videotape
    big ideas

on my i-pod.

i heard a lot of people raving about the possibilty of another album along the same line of brilliance as OKC.

i seriously doubt it.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • glasshouse wrote:

follow me around
    good morning mr. magpie
    last flowers til hospital
    big ideas

These aren't new songs. They're old songs that they've abandoned.

glasshouse wrote:
    i've got some version or the other of...on my i-pod.

i heard a lot of people raving about the possibilty of another album along the same line of brilliance as OKC.

i seriously doubt it.

Based on the four new songs you've heard, I don't think you can determine that.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    JWBusher wrote:
    Based on the four new songs you've heard, I don't think you can determine that.

fair enough, i'm not stating my opinion as delayed fact, i just have a suspicion that radiohead has reached some sort of musical ceiling. once again, of course, i may be wrong.

btw i'm a massive radiohead crony but, they're not the best thing since tap water, not close.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Surely labels would be in heated competion to sign this band and not radiohead looking for a label. I'd imagine any label would gladdly give them the best deal possible.

yeah I don't know what the problem is.
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • glasshouse wrote:
    fair enough, i'm not stating my opinion as delayed fact, i just have a suspicion that radiohead has reached some sort of musical ceiling.

I don't think so. The new songs are amazing. There are 12 or 13 songs total and the only one I don't like is "Down Is The New Up", which doesn't really go anywhere.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Gotta remember Thom had a solo album out last year as well.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Actually, Thom Yorke said the new album was like OKC but more "terrifying"... I have the page right here CLICK. It's in the fourth paragraph (not considering the first sentence on the page as a paragraph) starting out with "Thom spoke".
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    Actually, Thom Yorke said the new album was like OKC but more "terrifying"...
    *drowns in his own drool*
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    their website says they will be back in September. So I am thinking they took the summer off. I have also heard that there will be another Thom album coming out too. Probably another nugget to hold us over until next Spring. It does take them a long time to put something out. But I will wait. They have all been worth the wait.
    Let's Go Red Sox!