foo fighters-skin and bones

Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
edited November 2006 in Other Music
i love this cd alot.i ahve been listening to it like hell today.dave voice is amazing.i love when dave just yells like crazy on best of you
Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It's fantastic. I'll listen more to get a full opinion, but it's certainly good.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    This CD is incredible!!
    It doesnt get any better than acoustic imo... and it actually took Disc 2 of In You Honor for me to really start to appreciate the Foo Fighters. They just shine super bright in an acoustic setting. I know a lot of bands do but really...there's something extra extra about them in an acoustic environment. It's soooo right on! Every single song soars to new levels. Songs that I might have originally felt so so about I find myself loving to death when acoustic!
    They wowed me beyond belief at Bridge!

How awesome that we get a whole live CD of this goodness! :D
    It's perfect!

Also must add that Another Round is one of the most prettiest songs! :o

I'm LOVIN Skin and Bones. :)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Sounds awesome! I haven't been able to get off to a record store yet, but that's definitely on my short list of CDs to buy. I tend to go through phases of not buying anything, and then buying everything. :D But this is something I surely NEED to get. Like that other poster said, I also fell in love with the Foo Fighters only after listening to the acoustic CD.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Picked it up at Best Buy today for $7.99. Plus you get a preview of the dvd thats coming out of the show. Saw the show in NYC at the Beacon they played. Great show and even better on cd even though they recorded one of the Cail shows for the cd. Over and Out might be the best song on the cd. Marigold, Skin and Bones, and Friend of a Friend are also highlights for me. If your a fan of the Foo's or acoustic stuff you should definitely pick it up.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i bought it at circuit city today. im listening right now... it's fucking incredible. i knew id like it and was pleased to read the reviews on here, but they dont do it justice. these guys are so good.

my only regret is that i didnt realize nirvana's "live tonight sold out" had been released... id have bought that too!
  • my only regret is that i didnt realize nirvana's "live tonight sold out" had been released... id have bought that too!

I actually picked up the Nirvana dvd as well as Guitar Hero II the video game when I bought the cd. Ive had the vhs for years and didnt realize the dvd was coming out till I was on Amazon looking something up and saw it was coming out this week.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • I am pretty pleased with this CD. I think having a rocking acoustic version of "Best of You" takes away from the mood of the CD. I would have much rather had "Miracle" on there, that song is amazing. I give it an 8/10. It's good, but it's no Benaroya Hall
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    Picked it up at Best Buy today for $7.99. Plus you get a preview of the dvd thats coming out of the show. Saw the show in NYC at the Beacon they played. Great show and even better on cd even though they recorded one of the Cail shows for the cd. Over and Out might be the best song on the cd. Marigold, Skin and Bones, and Friend of a Friend are also highlights for me. If your a fan of the Foo's or acoustic stuff you should definitely pick it up.

THANKS FOR THIS POST! because of U i bought it at best buy for $7.99. i'm going to listen to it now. :) on a side note, some dopes were in line a week early to buy the new playstation 3. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! buy a little hand held nintendo ds lite like my friend and be done with it. too bad a new star wars movie wasn't opening next week. i'd like to see the little punks sweat it out on which line they would choose.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    got it last nite but didn't listen to it til this morning.......I really love it.....just saw them at the Bridge show last month so got a good taste of what was to come on the CD and damn, Dave and the guys are just awesome. He creates such excitement..........hope to see them live again soon............
  • PJammin' wrote:
    THANKS FOR THIS POST! because of U i bought it at best buy for $7.99. i'm going to listen to it now. :) on a side note, some dopes were in line a week early to buy the new playstation 3. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! buy a little hand held nintendo ds lite like my friend and be done with it. too bad a new star wars movie wasn't opening next week. i'd like to see the little punks sweat it out on which line they would choose.

No problem. Yeah I saw on a website that they were lining up at the Best Buy in Burbank, CA (Empire Center) starting yesterday for the PS3. Im in NY and it was pouring out yesterday so i didnt notice anyone on line for the PS3 yet. $600 and there only making 400,000 for the whole US before Christmas is crazy. Most stores are getting 6 a piece.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • donravendonraven Posts: 139
    This CD is great! I love the new arrangements of old songs like Big Me
    And it really gives the acoustic songs from In Your Honor a new life, they sound much fuller
    Boston, MA - Sept 28, 2004
    Halifax, NS - Sept 22, 2005
    Toronto, ON - August 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON - Sept 11, 2011
    Toronto, ON - Sept 12, 2011
    London, ON - July 16, 2013
    Boston, MA - Aug 7, 2016
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Big Me is amazing. The duet with Petra Haden really makes the song perfect.
  • My favorite is the actual Title Track - Skin and Bones. That song is great.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    GREAT album. I love how they reworked the old songs. Dave Grohl continues to be my hero.
  • chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    acoustically...this is as good as it gets.

marigold...i have the nirvana stuff. is this something dave wrote, or does kurt get credit for this amazing tune?
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    only had the chance to listen through once but i'm really impressed by it.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    chikevin wrote:
    acoustically...this is as good as it gets.

marigold...i have the nirvana stuff. is this something dave wrote, or does kurt get credit for this amazing tune?

Dave wrote it, it's a B side of one of the In Utero singles, it was wrote around the same time as Friend of a Friend which he finally put out on IYH.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    I'm going to pick up my copy after work today.

My only gripe is that they didn't put "Ain't it the Life" on the disc. I do know it's on the dvd though.

I can't wait to hear how "February Stars" sounds!
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    February Stars is fucking beautiful!
  • Hehe , you lucky bastards :D
    I have to wait till 20 november, thats the releasedate for allot of europe country's.
    In the meanwhile i bought Wednesday Nirvana : live! tonigt ! sold out!! , great dvd.
    Now I have still three days to wait and I can buy FF : Skin and bones :( :)