korn unplugged

Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
edited March 2007 in Other Music
i gotta say this cd has really shocked me, its so fucking good. anytime u get robert smith of the cure, ya know its gonna be good
Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    Yeah, but it has Amy Lee. Her voice isn't bad, but dear lord I can't stand to hear her doing duets. Seether had a song called Broken, which I loved way before they re-recorded it as a duet with her.

And then she goes and ruins Freak On A Leash for me. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    the blending of the korn song with the cure song is the only half ok thing on their.. everything else on here is shit.. thought they kinda butchered creep as well
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    bharQ wrote:
    the blending of the korn song with the cure song is the only half ok thing on their.. everything else on here is shit.. thought they kinda butchered creep as well
    i dont wanna sound like a dick. but if u think that then your not a true korn fan,sorry if u are. creep is cool, cause jonathan voice is different and he took a chance on a very hard song and its cool hes a huge radiohead fan.

• i dont wanna sound like a dick. but if u think that then your not a true korn fan,sorry if u are. creep is cool, cause jonathan voice is different and he took a chance on a very hard song and its cool hes a huge radiohead fan.

He's not a Korn fan just because he doesn't like one rendition of one song?

I wonder whether you're one of those people who likes absolutely everything Pearl Jam put out without the need for any critical evaluation.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    He's not a Korn fan just because he doesn't like one rendition of one song?

I wonder whether you're one of those people who likes absolutely everything Pearl Jam put out without the need for any critical evaluation.
    no i meant he thinks everything else on there is shit besides the cure song, read his post before u judge mine.

fyi-I FUCKING HATE TEN, so there goes yout theory. good try though, NEXT

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    no i meant he thinks everything else on there is shit besides the cure song, read his post before u judge mine.

:(

you hate TEN? how can you 'fucking hate' TEN?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    i dont wanna sound like a dick. but if u think that then your not a true korn fan,sorry if u are. creep is cool, cause jonathan voice is different and he took a chance on a very hard song and its cool hes a huge radiohead fan.

It was a bit predictable though, everyone covers Creep. Oh and he really doesn't have the voice to pull it off....
  • no i meant he thinks everything else on there is shit besides the cure song, read his post before u judge mine.

My bad for missing the point of the post.

However, it doesn't change the point: there are plenty of bands I like who have still done shite albums. Doesn't mean someone 'isn't a fan' just because they think an Unplugged album is crap.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559

You hate the best album ever?

Hmm, interesting. ;)
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I saw some of this the other nite. I'm sorry Metsfan, this is some crap. Korn unplugged come on. I was waiting for Fred Durst to come on the show next. lol Korn's music was good for 5 mins,10 yrs ago. Ok clearly I'm not a fan here. It's just what i think. Once again sorry metsfan. Enjoy the cd though. :D
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    I used to love Korn, but this......this was agonizing to watch (and I fucking love Unplugged shows), and Amy Lee? Fuck just shoot me.
    Korn lost it almost a decade ago in my book :(
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    I like Blind, but that version is awful.
  • I used to be a huge koRn fan but haven't really been into them since Issues. I liked Untouchables, but I grew very tired of it. They were the band that turned me on to live music...

Basically, should I check this unplugged performance out? Is there a CD available or is it only on TV?
  • Didn't they used to have good bands on Unplugged?
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I thought some of korn's stuff was ok for a while, but his voice is awful in the unplugged performance
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • stu gee wrote:
    I thought some of korn's stuff was ok for a while, but his voice is awful in the unplugged performance

Cool. thanks for the input. I used to love Jonathan's voice but after Issues, it seriously changed.
  • I used to be a huge koRn fan but haven't really been into them since Issues. I liked Untouchables, but I grew very tired of it. They were the band that turned me on to live music...

Basically, should I check this unplugged performance out? Is there a CD available or is it only on TV?

I beleive a cd was released yesterday..It is definitely different, some songs come off well but others just need to be plugged in because an acoustic guitar cannot recreate the energy or produce a good enough sound to make it work,I would say catch the MTV performance or try to hear it streamed before you spend the $ but like you, I kinda lost touch around Issues..This guy is pushing 40 and still singing about his tortured childhood and marketing this to kids less than half his age..time to get some new material in my opinion.
    Barrie: 08/22/98 Boston 09 28-29/04
    Buffalo 05/02/03 Hamilton 09/13/05
    Kitchener: 09/11/05 London:09/12/05
    Montreal: 06/29/03, 09/15/05 Ottawa: 09/16/05 Toronto:9/21/96, 10/05/00, 06/28/03, 09/19/05, 05/09-10/06
  • I like Korn. Not a huge fan, but I like them. I was very impressed with the level of experimentation and the band leaving their comfort zone on Unplugged...HOWEVER...this show really was not easy to take.

The band actually tried too hard. During the backstage scenes, Jonathan Davis seemed too overly excited about using instruments that people have probably never seen before...they seemed to throw a lot of things into this performance simply for show, rather than for the actual music.

There were some interesting arrangements of Korn's music, but it was not executed that well.

PS - WHile I'm not such a big Korn fan, I'm a HUGE Cure fan and was very excited about that performance...but even that was a let down. It was decent and kind of cool, but felt uninspired no matter how sincere both Smith and Davis tried to look.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    what the hell is all this robert smith and korn shit about?

someone explain??
  • He's not a Korn fan just because he doesn't like one rendition of one song?

how musch does a board security guard make these days
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • :(

you hate TEN? how can you 'fucking hate' TEN?

easily, i dont hate it but do not like it

no more shows
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    i gotta say this cd has really shocked me, its so fucking good. anytime u get robert smith of the cure, ya know its gonna be good
    It surprised me as well, but I don't like it.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • danny72688 wrote:
    I used to love Korn, but this......this was agonizing to watch (and I fucking love Unplugged shows), and Amy Lee? Fuck just shoot me.
    Korn lost it almost a decade ago in my book :(

this coming from someone who only ses pj unplugged as good.
    you didnt even like aic unplugged or stps, or even kiss for that matter. There has been life after march 15 early 90 whatever year.
    \
    Hey your my boy, but take the blinders off.

no more shows
    this coming from someone who only ses pj unplugged as good.
    you didnt even like aic unplugged or stps, or even kiss for that matter. There has been life after march 15 early 90 whatever year.
    \
    Hey your my boy, but take the blinders off.
    What the fuck are you on? I LOVE Nirvana's, AIC's, and STP's. Those are the only three I've seen besides PJ and Korn. When have I ever said I didn't like AIC Unplugged? I own the DVD! I don't like KISS so of course I wouldn't like the one song I've heard from it. Korn on the other hand, I used to like, but their performance was shite.

:confused:

And yes I know there's life after March 15, 1992, but I like to revisit that date frequently.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    listened to the korn unplugged last night and i'd have to echo others in saying that it is total crap...sorry but it is REALLY bad
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Korn doing unplugged just sounded wrong in my ears first time I heard of it...One of the things I appreciated Korn for when they broke were their guitar tunning and innovative new "plugged" sound. After having listened to the unplugged several times now, I actually think its a pretty decent effort. I like the variation of instruments (especially the japanese drums on the last track), the creep cover is done with respect, the cure jam is also great and the melodi of their songs come across. Sometimes it seemed like jonathan Davis had forgotten to unplug his voice. The "growling" vocals just didnt do the songs justice. I liked his voice when he tried to sing (like in the creep cover) instead of growl like a drunk bastard..he should leave that for the plugged sessions. It´s definetly worth a purchase.
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    hearing jonathon davies sing neil diamond on the soundtrack to wonderland was enough for me. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • danny72688 wrote:
    What the fuck are you on? I LOVE Nirvana's, AIC's, and STP's. Those are the only three I've seen besides PJ and Korn. When have I ever said I didn't like AIC Unplugged? I own the DVD! I don't like KISS so of course I wouldn't like the one song I've heard from it. Korn on the other hand, I used to like, but their performance was shite.

:confused:

And yes I know there's life after March 15, 1992, but I like to revisit that date frequently.

if my memory stands corrected we battled over and over how aic unplugged was inferior and okay commparred tp pjs. As far as stp you were ripping weilands performance. It is all somewhere in that post of yours.

As far as what I am on, I like busting on you, its funny.

no more shows
    if my memory stands corrected we battled over and over how aic unplugged was inferior and okay commparred tp pjs. As far as stp you were ripping weilands performance. It is all somewhere in that post of yours.

As far as what I am on, I like busting on you, its funny.
    I am forever saying PJ's was better, but by no means does that mean AIC's was not great in itself. Just a simple case of: PJ > AIC but they're both great. I've never said anything about STP's performance on this board before, so I'm still lost as to where you're coming from. I've ripped on Weiland's performance in Velvet Revolver before but that's it.

I know you're on other things besides giving me a hard time ;)
  • Didn't they used to have good bands on Unplugged?

It all went down hill after Alice In Chains butchered their set.