One Of The Worst Shows I've Seen

PahkTheCahPahkTheCah Posts: 193
edited March 2008 in Other Music
I had the misfortune of seeing the Gutter Twins last night at the Paradise in Boston. The sound sucked, the guitars weren't tuned, Greg Dulli's singing was horrific, the list goes on.

Dulli kept threatening not to come back to Boston unless we started to clap and get into the show. I'll be damned if I'm going to clap for this sub-par crap.

If it weren't for Mark Lanegan's voice and presence I would have asked for my money back.

Anyone else?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i came here expecting this to be about the RHCP. haha
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    i came here expecting this to be about the RHCP. haha

Funny that's all I hear from everyone I know that has seen them. Of course I haven't so I cannot attest.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,227
    My god...I couldn't possibly disagree more. To each his own, I suppose...
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    They were pretty good when I saw them a few weeks ago. I think one major problem they do have is the clashing of their stage personas. Dulli is such an engaging frontman, and usually does a lot of banter, and Lanegan is the exact opposite and barely even acknowledges the audience. I think the Lanegan/Dulli pairing worked much better in the live setting, when Lanegan came out and just did a few tracks with The Twilight Singers. Greg just didn't seem quite himself at the Gutter Twins shows. Plus he has always been a hit or miss live singer, I guess you got him on a bad night.
  • NickyNooch wrote:
    Funny that's all I hear from everyone I know that has seen them. Of course I haven't so I cannot attest.
    Seen them twice and both times my mind was blown. to each his own
  • PahkTheCah wrote:
    I had the misfortune of seeing the Gutter Twins last night at the Paradise in Boston. The sound sucked, the guitars weren't tuned, Greg Dulli's singing was horrific, the list goes on.

Dulli kept threatening not to come back to Boston unless we started to clap and get into the show. I'll be damned if I'm going to clap for this sub-par crap.

If it weren't for Mark Lanegan's voice and presence I would have asked for my money back.

Anyone else?

Yeah but I'll bet you'll never forget that concert! Mission accomplished