U2 3d

Pearls&StonesPearls&Stones Posts: 585
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Anyone see this yet? I saw it today and had a blast. Kind of cool that 3D movies are making another comeback.
I love my female wife...
we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I've seen it twice (and kept the 3D glasses both times). Not only is it an amazing piece of work because of the 3D technology andthe sound, but it's U2!!!

Granted it's a pretty pat set list (very much a primer for a brand new U2 fan) but the performance is so on and even the audience looks good. And Adam Clayton's never looked so much like a rock star.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Yeah I saw it yesterday.Very good,I laughed when walked into the auditorium,everybody sitting with the 3D glasses on,reminded me of those old 1950's photo's retro postcards you get.
    Didn't think the actual concert was as good as the Go Home dvd but the 3D effects were great.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • dharma69 wrote:

Granted it's a pretty pat set list (very much a primer for a brand new U2 fan) but the performance is so on and even the audience looks good.

I thought the setlist is was fine, since it was a major release they have to include most of the hits. My only gripe was they didn't include "City of Blinding Lights" which I feel was one of the highlights of that tour.

I think the highlight was "Love and Peace or Else" with Larry drumming from the catwalk and Bono's animations.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Yeah, saw it at IMAX screen and loved it. I wish they'd do this for more bands.
    Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"
  • i saw it on imax as well and it blew my mind WIDE OPEN. absolutely impossible to describe except to say GO SEE IT ON IMAX...

The Fly was...

as much as i LOVE to diss on U2 for their ticket prices...this was worth the price of admission.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    im going into Manhattan to enjoy this in IMAX 3D as well,.....
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • This was really cool. I agree the song selection was poor (they left out City of Blinding Lights, Zoo Station, Until the End of the World among others) but the stuff that is there is all top notch and the visuals are outstanding. I wanted to clap after each song because it felt like I was at a show.

Being a U2 fan I couldn't help but chuckle at Bono's stage moves up so close.
    He's such a ham!!!
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • dana_bdana_b Posts: 141
    I loved this movie!! Granted, I'm a big U2 fan, but it really did feel like being at the show. Even the casual U2 fan would enjoy it. The imax was a perfect place to see it but we'll probably go again when it's out on the smaller screens.
    I thought the setlist is was fine, since it was a major release they have to include most of the hits. My only gripe was they didn't include "City of Blinding Lights" which I feel was one of the highlights of that tour.

I think the highlight was "Love and Peace or Else" with Larry drumming from the catwalk and Bono's animations.
    And the including of those hits that they've played in every show since the 80's is what makes the set list so pat; those songs are just plain old to those of us who'd rather they break out of their self-imposed set list rigidity and kill us with "Wire" or something else just as wild. LPOE kicks all forms of ass.

But then I did say that it's very much a primer. No worries; the show was still phenomenal, even when I thought Adam Clayton was about to knock my teeth out with the neck of his bass guitar.

And can we talk about how sharp the sound was? I don't know how I managed to not get up and groove.. I contained all of my dancing to within the confines of my seat!

FaceSpace
    This was really cool. I agree the song selection was poor (they left out City of Blinding Lights, Zoo Station, Until the End of the World among others) but the stuff that is there is all top notch and the visuals are outstanding. I wanted to clap after each song because it felt like I was at a show.

Being a U2 fan I couldn't help but chuckle at Bono's stage moves up so close.
    He's such a ham!!!
    I hear you. COBL, Zoo and UTEOTW would've been dynamic. But that the gave up The Fly (not the easiest song to master live) was sweet.

FaceSpace
  • saw this at the IMAX in san fran! my first IMAX movie experience, just stunning. there were some hard core U2 fans there, which made it more fun. people were up and dancing, and clapping after every song. i would have loved to hear zoo station or surrender though.