Inxs

Pearls&StonesPearls&Stones Posts: 585
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Does anyone on here like them? Today I decided to listen to my INXS hits cd and I really enjoyed it. Being Pearl Jam fans, we all tend to like music with more intellectual / political lyrics, but I think INXS proved a competant band could make some damn fine pop/rock stuff. Plus, I think Michael Hutchense was one of the greatest front men ever. It's a shame he died in his 30's.

"Never Tear Us Apart" is one of my favorite songs by anyone.
I love my female wife...
we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    I have their Greatest Hits CD as well and 3/4 of it is really strong - not a bad song in there, but after "Disappear" it starts to go downhill.

"Original Sin" is a fantastic tune.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    INXS is amazing. Hutchence was an absolutely amazing frontman too.

I actually like the new INXS CD a lot too. JD Fortune ended up being an excellent pick as a new frontman. "Pretty Vegas" is a great song (the reason I bought the album).

I went into the Rockstar:INXS show bashing it, saying "how the hell are they gonna replace michael hutchence". Then JD Fortune impressed the hell out of me. Still a great band!

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• INXS 'Kick' is still a cool album. I used to rock out to 'guns in the sky'!!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    By My Side and Beautiful Girl are my 2 favourite INXS songs that I uploaded to my Ipod
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    I think I own everything that was ever legally released up to Michael Hutchence's death :o. I loved their music with the exception of the Full Moon Dirty Hearts album. Great live band too. I don't think I'd watch a show with the new singer, even though the album wasn't bad.
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    The DVD from Wembley kicks. ;)
    You've changed your place in this world!
    even flow? wrote:
    The DVD from Wembley kicks. ;)

:D *lol*

no one should ever be allowed to wear pants like those though.
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Sonja_S wrote:
    :D *lol*

no one should ever be allowed to wear pants like those though.

I get willies when they start up New Sensation and you see the crowd bounce as one.

The pants are classic. "play the fuckin' riff Tim". :)
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    NickyNooch wrote:
    INXS is amazing. Hutchence was an absolutely amazing frontman too.

I actually like the new INXS CD a lot too. JD Fortune ended up being an excellent pick as a new frontman. "Pretty Vegas" is a great song (the reason I bought the album).

I went into the Rockstar:INXS show bashing it, saying "how the hell are they gonna replace michael hutchence". Then JD Fortune impressed the hell out of me. Still a great band!

When he shows the chick his tatoos on his fore arms and then reverses them, that was funny as hell.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • I had the chance to see the new INXS last May. I was not a fan, but I did watch Rock Star. I was away for training and there was a theatre next to my hotel. I saw INXS was going to play Tuesday night. My brother came a ong to drink for five days. We got up Tuesday and we were like what are we going to do tonight. I logged on to Ebay and bid on two tickets for $10.50. On my way to the seminar I thought I would never get them. I came back to the room at lunch and sure as shit I won them. $5.50 a ticket isn't bad in a 3000 seat theatre. Anyhow they really put on a good show and it was pretty good. I would not go again.

On a side note, Chicago is the horniest town I have ever seen. There were so many men with call girls there it was unbelievable. Maybe INXS has that power over people.
    Hey brother.
  • It sounds cliche, but this story is true. INXS played their last American show (with Michael) in Pittsburgh. They were touring for Elegantly Wasted, which is a song that I totally love (haven't heard the whole album, I should get it- I see it used for $5 all the time). Of course, no one knew this would be the end.

My sister asked me if I wanted to go see them. And of course, my response was "We'll catch them next time they come around." And, a few months later, Michael was dead.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • 1992's "Welcome to Wherever You Are" is totally underrated as an album
    1992's "Welcome to Wherever You Are" is totally underrated as an album

I agree. I cursed them for using a different cover for the vinyl, CD and cassette version back then though, that was one expensive album *g*