Thread for the real Rolling Stones fans on here.

Pearls&StonesPearls&Stones Posts: 585
edited March 2007 in Other Music
I know there are haters on here that say the Rolling Stones are washed up, or that they were never that good to begin with. But I also know that there are people on here who, like myself, think the Rolling Stones are fucking awesome.

I'd like to hear from some real Stones fans here. I like just about everything they've done, with a few minor exceptions. I agree with the common opinion that while 'It's Only Rock n Roll,' 'Emotional Rescue,' 'Undercover,' and 'Dirty Work' have a few good songs, they are pretty weak albums over all. I think 'Goat's Head Soup' and 'Steel Wheels' are among the most underrated rock albums ever

I'll list a few of my absolute favorite Stones songs just for the hell of it...

Stray Cat Blues / Rocks Off / Let's Spend the Night Together / Jumping Jack Flash / Paint it Black / Continental Drift / Saint of Me / When the Whip Comes Down / 19th Nervous Breakdown / Sister Morphine / Some Girls / Out of Control / All Down the Line / Can't You Hear Me Knocking / We Love You (this ones a forgotten gem) / Heartbreaker / Waiting on a Friend / It's Only Rock n' Roll (but I like it) / Dancing With Mr D / Rip This Joint / Miss You / Far Away Eyes /
I love my female wife...
we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• They're awesome - I have everything they've ever put out - you can't make an informed opinion on them until you've heard...

Beggars Banquet
    Let It Bleed
    Sticky Fingers
    Exile On Main Street
    Some Girls
    Tattoo You

...in their entirety...rock and roll doesn't get any better than that...
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    JWBusher wrote:
    They're awesome - I have everything they've ever put out - you can't make an informed opinion on them until you've heard...

Beggars Banquet
    Let It Bleed
    Sticky Fingers
    Exile On Main Street
    Some Girls
    Tattoo You

...in their entirety...rock and roll doesn't get any better than that...
    now that you have established my opinion as valid I wll say this, Sticky Fingers is thier best record but I do like Onlt rock and roll kinda lot
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    well we all need
    someone
    we can bleed on...
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    i saw the rolling stones in the rain from the 6th row.
    i was almost 8 months pregnant.

so yeah, i love the stones. their songs are timeless.

A smile relieves a heart that grieves
    Remember what I said
    Im not waiting on a lady
    Im just waiting on a friend
    Im just waiting on a friend
    Nice shirt.
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I've always loved The Stones. Saw them twice, and I liked both performances. Especially the last performance on their Bigger Bang tour. Just an amazing show.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,242
    I know there are haters on here that say the Rolling Stones are washed up, or that they were never that good to begin with. But I also know that there are people on here who, like myself, think the Rolling Stones are fucking awesome.

I'd like to hear from some real Stones fans here. I like just about everything they've done, with a few minor exceptions. I agree with the common opinion that while 'It's Only Rock n Roll,' 'Emotional Rescue,' 'Undercover,' and 'Dirty Work' have a few good songs, they are pretty weak albums over all. I think 'Goat's Head Soup' and 'Steel Wheels' are among the most underrated rock albums ever

I'll list a few of my absolute favorite Stones songs just for the hell of it...

Stray Cat Blues / Rocks Off / Let's Spend the Night Together / Jumping Jack Flash / Paint it Black / Continental Drift / Saint of Me / When the Whip Comes Down / 19th Nervous Breakdown / Sister Morphine / Some Girls / Out of Control / All Down the Line / Can't You Hear Me Knocking / We Love You (this ones a forgotten gem) / Heartbreaker / Waiting on a Friend / It's Only Rock n' Roll (but I like it) / Dancing With Mr D / Rip This Joint / Miss You / Far Away Eyes /
    yeah gotta love the stones saw them 3 times ,but i'm surprized TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE is not mentioned that song is absolutly one of their master peices .......anything they did with MICK TAYLOR is my favorite stones line up...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • yeah gotta love the stones saw them 3 times ,but i'm surprized TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE is not mentioned that song is absolutly one of their master peices .......anything they did with MICK TAYLOR is my favorite stones line up...

Oh, there are plenty more I love that I didn't mention.

I can't believe I forgot Child of the Moon and their awesome cover of Little Queenie that was the highlight of the show I saw in 1997. Plus, 'A Bigger Bang' has a lot of good songs, like Oh No Not You Again, Dangerous Beauty and It Won't Take Long.

Its kind of funny, but I am not crazy about the 'It's Only Rock n Roll' album. I think If You Can't Rock Me is one of the worst sounding songs ever. Then I heard them do it live on the 2002 tour and it was incredible. I still don't like the studio version, but I check it out on the Four Flicks DVD every now and again. Kind of like how I feel about Pearl Jam's Help Help (awesome live---studio not so much)
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,242
    Oh, there are plenty more I love that I didn't mention.

I can't believe I forgot Child of the Moon and their awesome cover of Little Queenie that was the highlight of the show I saw in 1997. Plus, 'A Bigger Bang' has a lot of good songs, like Oh No Not You Again, Dangerous Beauty and It Won't Take Long.

Its kind of funny, but I am not crazy about the 'It's Only Rock n Roll' album. I think If You Can't Rock Me is one of the worst sounding songs ever. Then I heard them do it live on the 2002 tour and it was incredible. I still don't like the studio version, but I check it out on the Four Flicks DVD every now and again. Kind of like how I feel about Pearl Jam's Help Help (awesome live---studio not so much)
    yeah not a song that i listen to when it comes on but there is a bunch of good songs on that album the first time i saw the stones live was probably 1978 in PHILLY it was an outdoor stadium show good line up too ,PETER TOSH & AND MAYBE JOURNEY but i'm not sure on the latter anyway the STONES come out and play a 50 minute set and leave the stage excuse was either mick but i believe IT WAS KEITH WHO WAS ILLING ,plus it was raining most of the day ..........bummer.....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    huge stones fan here. saw them in september and they still KICK ASS.

i have
    goats head soup
    rarities 71-03
    their satanic majesties request
    sticky fingers
    12 x 5
    a bigger bang
    exile on main street
    let it bleed
    black & blue
    its only rock n roll

i dunno what my fave is.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    I don't know how you can be a Rock N' Roll fan and not like the Stones or Zeppelin. I know a lot of people like to kiss The Beatles asses, but the Stones and Zeppelin are the real deal as far as rock bands go. Sticky Fingers is my fave album of all time and no other band has as many killer rock singles as The Stones.