Options

Sam Roberts Band

murph83murph83 Posts: 122
edited April 2006 in Other Music
I can't wait for the new album in a couple of weeks, I seen them live a couple of weekends ago and it was the best show i've seen by them ever. They played some new stuff and it sounded amazing. Best Canadian band at the moment in my opinion. What are other's opinions? I'm not sure how popular they are south of the border.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    I dug the Brother Down a lot.
  • Options
    toddiet123 wrote:
    I dug the Brother Down a lot.

check out 'rarefied' and 'taj mahal'
  • Options
    direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Sammy kicks ass. The new album is out next Tuesday in Canada. Not sure when it comes out in the U.S. (April 25th I think??), but you Americans should definitely check him out. It's an amazing time to be a fan of Canadian music right now: Sam Roberts, Broken Social Scene, Arcade Fire, Feist, Metric, The Tragically Hip, Joel Plaskett, The Weakerthans, Cuff the Duke, the Constantines, Matt Mays & El Torpedo, Sarah Harmer, Matthew Good, Kathleen Edwards....the list goes on and on. It's a rock n' roll invasion, and it's only just begun!
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    Chemical City somes out on the 18th, i'm a little disappointed there are only 10 tracks on the album, but from what I've heard they sound really cool.
  • Options
    chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    I'm a fan of Sam, seen him twice and both kick ass shows. I'm sure i'll buy the new album, but i dont really like the first single.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Options
    chris05 wrote:
    I'm a fan of Sam, seen him twice and both kick ass shows. I'm sure i'll buy the new album, but i dont really like the first single.

did you see him at the delta a couple of weeks ago?
  • Options
    chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    nope missed that show. Heard it was awesome though.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Options
    i'm gonna buy his new cd the week it comes out. can't wait
  • Options
    dr jamdr jam Posts: 69
    Never heard of these guys in the UK, but just checked out a few of their vids. Very cool. 'Brother Down' has a bit of a Jane's Addiction vibe going on.
  • Options
    dr jam wrote:
    Never heard of these guys in the UK, but just checked out a few of their vids. Very cool. 'Brother Down' has a bit of a Jane's Addiction vibe going on.

If you like that you should check the whole album, it's really good. My favs besides brother down are 'rarefied', 'taj mahal' (very good mellow track) and 'dead end' (more upbeat, great lyrics).
  • Options
    If Sam Roberts hair started on fire, I wouldn't even piss on his head.
  • Options
    i heard a few of his songs and i liked him so i might check out the new cd thanks for the info
    "I write a letter to a friend of mine
    I tell him how much I used to love watch him smile
    See I haven't seen him smile in a little while
    Haven't seen him smile in a little while
    But, I know you're laughing from the inside out."
    Blind Melon - Mouthfull of cavities
    R.I.P. JEN
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,960
    not too familiar with them except that he's canadian and been around for awhile. But I'm really liking their latest single "Afterlife"

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,660
    Check out the album Love at the End of the World. Wicked stuff.