Tool announce spring N.A tour..

murph83murph83 Posts: 122
edited November 2006 in Other Music
For those of you who haven't heard, Tool have announced they will be returning to North America in the spring to do another tour. Unfortunetly, no cities/dates have been announced.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=61393
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    That's pretty sweet. I missed them this last tour, and have never seen them so maybe a chance this next tour.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Fucking right!!! second best group live.
    There's no I in team, but there's me.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

"I'm George Bush and my son's an asshole" 08/03/2000

Don't stop wen you're tired, stop when you're done
  • edigerediger Posts: 308
    they better come to Winnipeg this time around
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • OttOtt Posts: 403
    DIcks cancelled there show here (San Antonio) and rescheduled for April. Take that for what it's worth.

Ott
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    Saw them in London a few months ago and it was the most disappointing show I've seen in a long time. I love their music but the show sucked. Sorry
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • murph83murph83 Posts: 122
    goldrush wrote:
    Saw them in London a few months ago and it was the most disappointing show I've seen in a long time. I love their music but the show sucked. Sorry

what was wrong with the show?
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    murph83 wrote:
    what was wrong with the show?

there was no 'life' in it. the band just seemed to be going through the motions which was kinda shitty after waiting so long to see them. 'technically' it was an awesome performance but it was too cold and clinical for me and could just as easily have been a cd. it reminded me of Soundgarden's last tour (possibly the last time i felt let down by a band i loved), nobody seemed to want to be there and they didn't seem to notice the crowd was even there. i tried to convince myself that i was setting my hopes too high for a small gig after PJ's astoria set but i was just making excuses to myself so it didn't feel like a waste of money.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrush wrote:
    there was no 'life' in it. the band just seemed to be going through the motions which was kinda shitty after waiting so long to see them. 'technically' it was an awesome performance but it was too cold and clinical for me and could just as easily have been a cd. it reminded me of Soundgarden's last tour (possibly the last time i felt let down by a band i loved), nobody seemed to want to be there and they didn't seem to notice the crowd was even there. i tried to convince myself that i was setting my hopes too high for a small gig after PJ's astoria set but i was just making excuses to myself so it didn't feel like a waste of money.

that's just tool being tool, its how they are for the most part
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Maybe they won't skip the Southern US states this time :)

bastards
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,225
    goldrush wrote:
    weird saw them end the us tour here on long island and it was the best show i saw this year i mean the sound was fantastic and the band was into the crowd and even addressed the crowd a few times and everybody i spoke to about the show said it might of been the best tool show so far it was my first time seeing them so now i can't wait till next spring by the way i saw 2 pj shows also and i'm a die hard fan of pj but i had to be honest with myself it was better then the 2 pj shows i attended.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • intodeep wrote:

bastards

What I was thinking.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Hope they come back to the NYC area. But they need to change up the setlist. Need more old stuff in there. H., Eulogy, Parabol/ Parabola.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • Hope they come back to the NYC area. But they need to change up the setlist. Need more old stuff in there. H., Eulogy, Parabol/ Parabola.

They will come back to the metro area for at least on show ... maybe the garden this time around. But, I have to say that setlist from last month at the meadowlands (and the rest of the tour for that matter) was dominant and helped placed the show in my to 5 of all time.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • I rather enjoyed them last month. They have cancelled a couple shows cause maynard was sick. They couldn't help it. But the encore of Vicarious, Lateralus, and Aenema blew the roof off. Danny is incredible to watch drum. I have enjoyed them each time I saw em....Just like PJ. They have a less engaging stage presence than PJ. But bring the goods in the music. I highly recommend them.
  • Sonic19Sonic19 Posts: 159
    intodeep wrote:

bastards
    Yeah, that'd be nice.
    Same with PJ
    and the Chili Peppers...
    Stay positive and love your life
    Hooray Florida shows
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    seen em on the lateralus tour and the last show here.. both were great.. last one i was on the floor.. would definetely want to see em again ive been a fan a loong time.

my buddy on the other hand seen their show at the university here around the mid 90s and said after that he sets the bar really high with them after that.. so he didn't care too much for the show.. or the fancy lights.
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Sonic19 wrote:
    Yeah, that'd be nice.
    Same with PJ
    and the Chili Peppers...

I just saw the RHCP a couple weeks ago in Atlanta. At least they made it here unlike some other bands.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22