Options

Whats the best Mudhoney album?

snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
edited April 2006 in Other Music
If I wanted to hear the best Mudhoney what should I buy?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    snipes824 wrote:
    If I wanted to hear the best Mudhoney what should I buy?

I was just wondering the same thing. Never got into them at all, guess they kind of got looked over in the grunge circle (at least in NC where I grew up). I hear good things but don't really know where to start and don't know if it's too late. I guess I just want to know if it stands the test of time. I never hear anyone mention them other than on this board, so I don't really know a lot about them.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    My Brother the Cow is Mudhoney's best CD
    It stands the test of time and is one of the few CD's from that time which does.
    The lyrics and music just come together on the songs on My Brother the Cow... like on Today is good day, into yer shtic and 1995 to name a few.
    The baby creatures run in from the cold
    Back to the nest just like the days of old
    There in the safety of a mother's arms
    The warmth of ages, far away from harm again.

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    i see

thanks, i wanna get into them too
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge and Piece Of Cake are my two favourite Mudhoney albums, but i would reccomend them all, if you want a range of what mudhoney have done buy the March To Fuzz two disc best of and rarites collection theres 52 tracks on it and its a brilliant compilation, tells you which albums the tracks are from, then when you know which album has the most songs on it you like, you'll know where to start.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    Thanks guys.
  • Options
    NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    Get the greatest hits double disc. That'll get you a good start.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I always liked Piece of cake,

March to Fuzz is a double disc greatest hits b sides type thing that is cool if you want a mix.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22