Rage last night was fucking awesome

snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
edited July 2007 in Other Music
im still sore. those guys can fucking rock. anyone else go to rock the bells?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• KravenKraven Posts: 829
    I am going tonight, I hope the weather gets a little better, its thundering/lightning and raining here in brooklyn right now
    32 shows and counting...
  • ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,015
    That was ridiculous!!! I loved Zach correcting Fox News that it wasn't that he wanted the President assassinated, but rather we wanted him tried, hung, and shot for war crimes...get it right god damn it.
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    ryan198 wrote:
    That was ridiculous!!! I loved Zach correcting Fox News that it wasn't that he wanted the President assassinated, but rather we wanted him tried, hung, and shot for war crimes...get it right god damn it.
    yeah that was so cool. one of the best shows ever. did u sit through all the rap?
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    Kraven wrote:
    I am going tonight, I hope the weather gets a little better, its thundering/lightning and raining here in brooklyn right now
    i wish it would have rained yesterday. i almost passed out at like 4 from dehydration/exhaustion/heat yesterday in the pit.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Kraven wrote:

I'm going as well. It's not looking good out. But rain or shine the tix say, rain or shine it shall be! 10 Years since I last saw Rage! Can't Fucking Wait!!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
    Found someone to go with me woohoo
    32 shows and counting...
  • Lucky Bastards. Have fun and make them want to stay together and tour more.
  • ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,015
    snipes824 wrote:
    yeah that was so cool. one of the best shows ever. did u sit through all the rap?
    yeah...actually i thought it was really intersting, b/c the MC's were explaining the history of hip-hop and how so few youngsters know its political roots, etc. I was at the main stage from 2 on...Black Star was easily the best other act there in my opinion.
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Rage was awesome.....as usual. Really psyched they played "Tire Me", one of my favorites.

I also really liked Black Starr and Wu Tang.

That Heinken hospitality tent was money, saw Rahzel in there and it had AC.....key.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

Just got back from the show tonight, Rage was awesome, disappointed they didn't play Know Your Enemy. The set was intense. The only problem was that during one of the songs tom's guitar effects didn't work properly so his solo just sounded like him playing the strings without any notes. I want them to do a real tour, a festival wasn't enough to get my Rage fix.
    32 shows and counting...
  • VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,816
    WU! WU! WU! WU! WU! WU! WU! WU! WU! WU! WU! WU! WU! WU! WU! WU! WU! WU!

Cypress Hill was fuckin awesome too. Rage kicked some serious ass on Saturday, of course. Great concert, I urge everyone to go to this one next year whether RATM headlines or not.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138
    glad you all enjoyed the Rage show....that's one band I would love to see live
  • NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    I went Sat. night... good show... i was pissed that the lineup was wrong on the website and at the show... i missed most of Public Enemy... the lines for vendors were a bitch too....

no more festivals for me...

But Rage was tight... sounded awesome.
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    anyone got a setlist?
    Saturday night:

1.Testify
    2. Bulls On Parade
    3. People of the Sun
    4. Know Your Enemy
    5. Vietnow
    6. Bullet in the Head
    7. Down Rodeo
    8. Tire Me
    9. Guerilla Radio
    10. Calm Like A Bomb
    11. Sleep Now In The Fire
    12. Wake Up

Encore:
    13. Freedom
    14 Killing In the Name
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    some of my favorite RATM songs are:

Ashes in the Fall
    Snakecharmer
    Revolver
    Year of tha Boomerang
    Mic Check

glad to see they played Calm Like A Bomb and Wake Up though.
    some of my favorite RATM songs are:

Ashes in the Fall
    Snakecharmer
    Revolver
    Year of tha Boomerang
    Mic Check

glad to see they played Calm Like A Bomb and Wake Up though.

"Mic Check" is awesome, one of my favorites. I also think "Maria" is a great song....very underrated.