rock chicks?....come again?

2»

Comments

• anyone remember The Nymphs?

i really liked them once upon a time
    Some people have to have the sultry evenings Cocktails in the blue, red and grey But I like every minute of the day.
    INTER-FUCKING-MISSION!!!
    Newcastle-Riverside 02/22/92!!!
    E.rutherford New Jersey 01/06/06
    Athens -Greece.survived !barely-
    Wembley 18/06/07- no words- just smiles!
  • Anyway, here's a Hole song called Best Sunday Dress, they released it as the b-side to Celebrity Skin. There are a few versions of it knocking about, but this one is incredible, love her or hate her, Courtney's voice at the end is AMAZING! check it out, if only to shut me up........

http://download.yousendit.com/B110A33F6C85F31C
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
  • How the hell was Flyleaf only mentioned once?! Lacey, bitches!! lol, I don't really urge you to check out Evanescence (Amy Lee), though. Too looney and cheesy for me, their videos doesn't set them apart from Britney shit-hole either, lol. But that's probably cause they make videos period! And hell no for Hole, 'nuff said for that. Ok, I'll shut up...I recommend Flyleaf if you want a rockin' chick and that's all there is to it :D

I've never heard of them, so I just checked em out. Sorry, not working for me. They sound like any other cookie cutter, my life sucks, I'm filled with pain, obnoxious, sing-scream, nobody loves me, group of rejects.

The rock and roll swindle continues.
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
  • Check Scarlet Haze this chick has some pipes!!
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    Holly NcNarland.
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    pj harvey, marianne faithfull (tho i guess she didn't rock out?!), kim gordon too. ;]
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Peaches is another one. She's a bit out there.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Oh that's right, tabloid bollocks is ever so reliable. Pheww, and there was me thinking I might have to actually use my brain to form a reasoned opinion on somebody - why bother when I can have the 'News of the World' spoon feed it to me?
    Wow, you just gave naive a new meaning....well done
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Kittie
    Sugarcoma
    Guano Apes
    The Donnas
    The Cardigans
    Sahara Hot Nights
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    Blue11 wrote:
    Anyone else here heard/like Kittie? I ahve their first 2 albums, I like them. Most of my friends don't, but I don't care. They rock

i love kittie but never dared to admit it... :o:D
    how about otep? meanest woman in metal. i love her.
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."
    i love kittie but never dared to admit it... :o:D
    how about otep? meanest woman in metal. i love her.

I like Kittie.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    IMO the best frontwoman in rock is Karen O. before you criticize my opinion or state your own, check them out live. haven't seen a frontwoman like her in quite some time.

and by frontwoman i do not just mean vocals. but stage presence, vocals, ability to lead/take front and center, etc.
    Live Free or Die!
  • 3sheets wrote:
    IMO the best frontwoman in rock is Karen O. before you criticize my opinion or state your own, check them out live. haven't seen a frontwoman like her in quite some time.

and by frontwoman i do not just mean vocals. but stage presence, vocals, ability to lead/take front and center, etc.

You need to get out more.
  • lars wrote:
    Wow, you just gave naive a new meaning....well done

Slight difference between the words 'naive' and 'better informed'. Nice try though.
  • Ani Difranco!!

Patti Smith
    Julianna Hatfield
    Sarah McLaughlin
    Kate Gaffney
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • dirtdirt Posts: 398
    Wendy O. Williams was the real deal regardless of what you may think of her music...she lived it for sure.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
    Slight difference between the words 'naive' and 'better informed'. Nice try though.
    ...and here I thought cobain was dead
  • lars wrote:
    ...and here I thought cobain was dead

Here you thought right. If you think she had anything to do with it, you need to look up the term (and I use this very loosley) circumstantial evidence. Familiar with the West Memphis Three case? That's based entirely on circumstantial evidence, and anyone with half a brain cell can tell you they did not have anything to do with it. Likewise, just because Courtney is crazy and from some people's view, not a very nice person, does not mean she was responsible for his death. It's almost laughable how sucked in some people are. LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE.
    Here you thought right. If you think she had anything to do with it, you need to look up the term (and I use this very loosley) circumstantial evidence. Familiar with the West Memphis Three case? That's based entirely on circumstantial evidence, and anyone with half a brain cell can tell you they did not have anything to do with it. Likewise, just because Courtney is crazy and from some people's view, not a very nice person, does not mean she was responsible for his death. It's almost laughable how sucked in some people are. LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE.
    aaaaahhhh just shut up you dumb nincompoop....I meant you were cobain...you just don´t get anything do you
    lars wrote:
    aaaaahhhh just shut up you dumb nincompoop....I meant you were cobain...you just don´t get anything do you
    ...and thats game over
  • slant 6
    The Fastbacks
    The Slits
    29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
  • lars wrote:

T'was not obvious what you meant at all. You just can't deal with the fact that I know what I'm talking about more than you do. The end.
  • rockpants wrote:
    Holly NcNarland.

YES!!! thank you... :D I heart Holly.

I saw Kathleen Edwards open for the Hip the other night... she was good too! sounded a lot like Holly, but a little less 'edgy'...
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • lars wrote:
    Everybody is raving on about how rock n roll girls like pj harvey, the yeah yeah yeahs, juliet lewis and so on are, but when I come to think of it they´re nothing compared to oldschoolers L7. Shitlist smothers them all!
    All depends what you're rating them on.

To me, Karen O is 100 times better than any frontwoman I've seen since Patti Smith probably. Juliet Lewis is another story though.
  • DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    Ani Difranco!!

just what i was about to say!! :D
    thank you.
    she's the best.
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."
    i wouldn't say they are rockin like some of girls because thats not the kind of music they play but the Dixie Chicks rock. they are very talented musicians and natalie maines has an amazing voice. i've seen some of their live performances on tv and they're very good. I know they're labeled as country but when it comes down to it....it's all rock n roll
  • i wouldn't say they are rockin like some of girls because thats not the kind of music they play but the Dixie Chicks rock. they are very talented musicians and natalie maines has an amazing voice. i've seen some of their live performances on tv and they're very good. I know they're labeled as country but when it comes down to it....it's all rock n roll

Yeah I can totally see it, rock and roll all the way. :rolleyes: