You know Eddie is comfortable with the crowd when...

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,506
edited March 2008 in The Porch
he throws in "fuck" or "fuckin" in a song

I've been listening to a lot of shows lately, and it takes him 5 or 6 songs into the show to get comfortable with the crowd (not to say he doesn't give 110% the first 5 or 6 songs) and he just throws in fuckin...like what I'm listening to now..."seems so FUCKIN simple now" in hiding East Rutherford 2 2006 :D
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,442
    "I'll break the law, if it's illegal
    For us to fuck.
    Leave the hatred on the cross."
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    i cant sing not for you without adding the two fucks.

its small my table , fuckin sits just two.

with no power, FUCKIN nothin to do
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • I dunno. When he was in Dublin he sang "I will be what I could be/Once I get out of this fucking town". That doesn't sound like he was too comfortable here... :rolleyes:
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    I dunno. When he was in Dublin he sang "I will be what I could be/Once I get out of this fucking town". That doesn't sound like he was too comfortable here... :rolleyes:

bah.....he does that many times for gone.
  • he throws in "fuck" or "fuckin" in a song

I've been listening to a lot of shows lately, and it takes him 5 or 6 songs into the show to get comfortable with the crowd (not to say he doesn't give 110% the first 5 or 6 songs) and he just throws in fuckin...like what I'm listening to now..."seems so FUCKIN simple now" in hiding East Rutherford 2 2006 :D

i don't think that has anything to do with the comfort level he has with the crowd. i feel comfortable in this thread so i will say your a f-in idiot. lol
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!
  • he throws a "fuck" into probably a third of every song on the albums
  • I have the feeling the wine might have something to do with it too?
    We're all different behind the eyes.

You are U, who you are.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,498
    I have the feeling the wine might have something to do with it too?

sometimes all it takes is an irritation:

"hey, listen, asshole! one more fucker throws a fuckin' quarter out here and we're outta here, i'm tellin' ya, fucker! what the fuck? you're blowin' it for fuckin' everybody! hit me with a fuckin' quarter again and, fuck it, i'm outta here. we're all outta here. fuck you! and if anyone sees someone throw a fuckin', change, right next to 'em you have my permission to personally beat the fuckin' holy shit out of them, thank you very much. fuckin' idiot. ahhh, that felt good,..."

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mq6VKY1dSU
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    he throws in "fuck" or "fuckin" in a song

Or maybe it takes 5 or 6 songs for the vino to kick in.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    "seems so fuckin simple now"

i enjoy this fuck
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I have the feeling the wine might have something to do with it too?
    He's comfortable with the crowd when he shares the wine. :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • it's a noun,verb,action verb,exclamation pt. if you need a word to fill in the lyrics or any sentence it fits, just ad an s,ing,er,or ed, or as i like to use in Canada in'eh.thats why it's used so much- like in phillie 05 yellowledbetter "I'd like to thank all you mofuckers, all you mofuckers for comin today" and it made my old man happy to be personally thanked for attending. i like it used in my home because it takes all the fun out of teenage language, they can't seem to come up with a word that makes me freak. when i'm told as a parent "this cd your kid wants to buy has explicit language" i always reply"that's not nearly as obscene as the war" or "not as obscene as the way we treat our environment" it makes Ed seem so down to earth and cute
    03 bristow,04 reading,05 toronto,05 phillie,06 camden,06 dc,07 chicago,08 dc,08 camden,09 philliex2,10 bristow
    eddie solo 08 dc,09 balt, 11 phillie
  • PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 California Posts: 594
    He always adds that one in Hail Hail...
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • tph987tph987 Posts: 14
    i dont wanna think i wanna fuck, how do i feel?
    Go Mets