Grant Lee Buffalo

Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
edited December 2006 in Other Music
Possibly one of the greatest bands from the 90's.....shame they split. Grant lee is a fantastic lyricist.....and they were great :D:D:D

Any takers?? :)
I need a coffee!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    Irish Al wrote:
    Possibly one of the greatest bands from the 90's.....shame they split. Grant lee is a fantastic lyricist.....and they were great :D:D:D

I LOVE Grant Lee Buffalo! I saw them open for PJ in '94, ran out and bought Fuzzy the next day, and Mighty Joe Moon when it was released a couple of months later. Those two are still my favorites, although I like everything they did. You're right, fantastic lyrics, and he's got a really nice voice too.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Mighty Joe Moon is a great album... I saw them open for R.E.M. in 1995 and was very impressed.

Have you heard his album of 80's cover songs? It's actually not that bad considering the concept has been done to death...lol
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    Mighty Joe Moon is definitely my favorite, but I love Fuzzy as well. Grant has such an amazing voice. They are still a very underrated band.
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    alobar wrote:
    Mighty Joe Moon is definitely my favorite, but I love Fuzzy as well. Grant has such an amazing voice. They are still a very underrated band.

i concur!
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Mighty Joe Moon is a great album... I saw them open for R.E.M. in 1995 and was very impressed.

Have you heard his album of 80's cover songs? It's actually not that bad considering the concept has been done to death...lol

Its funny I have to admit I wasn't mad on MJM when it was released but then really got into it. I also love copperopulis (sp?)....some amazing tunes...Bethlehem steel has to be one of their best :D

Yeah got his 80's album....started off a bit disappointing with the pixies cover but ended up really good. He's still really good live :D
    I need a coffee!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Irish Al wrote:

Never heard of them... I feel kinda ashamed cos my musical knowledge isn't that bad!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Jennytree wrote:
    Never heard of them... I feel kinda ashamed cos my musical knowledge isn't that bad!

I may be able to sort you out, you on msn?
    I need a coffee!