Tool

Comments

• Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Jeanie wrote:
    Who me? MWHAHAHAHAHA! **evil cackle, rubs hands!**

Just kidding;) BTW Thanks for the link.:)

Yeah right...I've heard all about you.....the lyrics are amazing :D
    I need a coffee!
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Does noone else think it's fucked up that people who liked TOOL were posting on the memorial? I mean, shit, fair enough, they like Maynard, but they did not know this woman and it just seems innaproppriate and in bad taste.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
    Binaural wrote:
    Does noone else think it's fucked up that people who liked TOOL were posting on the memorial? I mean, shit, fair enough, they like Maynard, but they did not know this woman and it just seems innaproppriate and in bad taste.

Never heard about that, whats the deal?
    I need a coffee!
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Binaural wrote:

I think you'll find that a lot of Tool fans have head injuries so maybe they feel connected. Probably not appropriate but who knows what goes through a person head!
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Irish Al wrote:
    Yeah right...I've heard all about you.....the lyrics are amazing :D

Look stop talking to me, I'm supposed to be stalking you! You aren't supposed to know alright!;) And back to the music, yep, the lyrics are awesome. Can't believe they've nailed it yet again!
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Most overated band of the decade. Music builds and builds but never gets anywhere.
    I'd have to disagree with that.

I've only really heard "Lateralus" but I think it's brilliant. Some of the best musicians in rock music for sure.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    Jeanie wrote:
    Look stop talking to me, I'm supposed to be stalking you! You aren't supposed to know alright!;) And back to the music, yep, the lyrics are awesome. Can't believe they've nailed it yet again!

I'm sure I saw someone peering in my window this morning as I had a shower....I wonder who it was :eek:
    I'd have to disagree with that.

I've only really heard "Lateralus" but I think it's brilliant. Some of the best musicians in rock music for sure.

Well said :)
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    I'm sure I saw someone peering in my window this morning as I had a shower....I wonder who it was :eek:

Damn!!! Oops! I mean... wasn't me!:D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift

Dude!! You sooo have to get all of the rest of it!! It's BRILLIANT!!! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Damn!!! Oops! I mean... wasn't me!:D

:eek:
    Jeanie wrote:
    Dude!! You sooo have to get all of the rest of it!! It's BRILLIANT!!! :)

I never thought I'd agree with someone who is stalking me but this bird knows what she's talking about........YOU GOTTA GET THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I need a coffee!
  • I'd have to disagree with that.

Yeah to be fair I was harsh but I was in one of those moods and Tool fans are so defensive. I agree that they are talented musicians no doubt but I still don't think that the package comes together as well as many other bands.
  • Jeanie wrote:
    I think you'll find that a lot of Tool fans have head injuries so maybe they feel connected. Probably not appropriate but who knows what goes through a person head!

haha

sad but true...DUN...dun dun
  • isecond the tool fans have head injuries thing.

the person who said the music builds to nowhere was trying to say that they are boring, i tend to agree.
    isecond the tool fans have head injuries thing.

the person who said the music builds to nowhere was trying to say that they are boring, i tend to agree.

What the hell would you know.....*goes to get new bandage for head* :D:D
    I need a coffee!
  • isecond the tool fans have head injuries thing.

Most people find bands like Tool, Pink Floyd, etc. boring because their music requires more attention and patience than Pearl Jam or The Who. You casually listen to Even Flow or Baba O'Riley, and you almost immediately catch onto it and like it. You casually listen to The Grudge or Dogs, and it may bore you to death. When you really pay attention and focus on those songs, however, it can be quite amazing what you pick up on.

And sometimes, of course, you can still not like it...but at least you really gave it the attention it requires.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I agree - I wouldn't listen to Tool while doin' my hair or something - but they're fantastic for a long bus journey or anything that involves no outside distraction - that is the beauty of them.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,232
    me too... although i'm not joking!!!

they are they musical equivalent of a perennially drunk tramp's pishy briefs!!!!!!!!!!
    if you get a chance go and see them play live it might change your point of blindness......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Brink wrote:
    I was just listening to 10,000 Days and realized that Maria is the same person as Judith from A Perfect Circle's Mer De Norm... DUH!
    yeah maynard's mom.......
    Irish Al wrote:
    Am on a serious Tool loving buzz at the minute...just can't get enough of them :D
    i hear you can't get enough here ...........
    i hear you can't get enough here ...........

This is true :o:D
    I need a coffee!
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Saturnal wrote:
    Most people find bands like Tool, Pink Floyd, etc. boring because their music requires more attention and patience than Pearl Jam or The Who. You casually listen to Even Flow or Baba O'Riley, and you almost immediately catch onto it and like it. You casually listen to The Grudge or Dogs, and it may bore you to death. When you really pay attention and focus on those songs, however, it can be quite amazing what you pick up on.

And sometimes, of course, you can still not like it...but at least you really gave it the attention it requires.

This is exactly right! I saw Tool for the first time this year and their show wasn't a "concert"....I would say it is more of an experience. I must say that once I saw them in person I have a much better understanding of where their music is coming from. Really talented bunch of guys.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Most overated band of the decade. Music builds and builds but never gets anywhere.

musical masturbation without the climax.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

*cough*dream theater *cough*
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!

learn to swim...
  • I'm a swimming teacher so I know my shit.
    I'm a swimming teacher so I know my shit.

Who are we to argue with the swimming teacher :D
    I need a coffee!
  • caifan82caifan82 Posts: 321
    Jennytree wrote:
    *cough*dream theater *cough*
    No way! How about epics like "A Change of Season", "Octavarium" and the whole Scenes from a Memory... They always slowly build their songs just to explode at the end or close in the most brilliant way. DT is just awesome.
    Mexico City - July 17th 2003
    Mexico City - July 18th 2003
    Mexico City - July 19th 2003
    Monterrey - December 7th 2005
    Mexico City - December 9th 2005
    Mexico City - December 10th 2005
    Mexico City - November 24th 2011
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    learn to swim...

HAHAHAHA, excellent choice of words
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07

Yep!! That's cause it's a two party game and if you'd played properly you'd know that and get it!;) But good luck with the lonesome jubilee!:D:D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    I'm a swimming teacher so I know my shit.

Sorry to mock but are you serious?? If you are you really need to listen!:D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift