Options

"Living With War" - How much has it sold?

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,563
edited May 2006 in Other Music
How much has Neil Youngs new album sold, saw that it was nr 5 on amazon.com. Is it ahit record or a miss? Howe did it sell the first week?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    it debuted at # 15 on the billboard charts...not sure how many copies have been sold. it was available for just a bit on itunes before the release too...

15 is pretty good considering the process of manufacturer to store and the fact that different stores recieved the record at different times.

i'm curious to see sales numbers too.
  • Options
    found some numbers...

living with war - 60,000 units first week

compared to...

prairie wind - 72,000 units first week
    greendale - 42,000 units first week
    are you passionate? - 56,000 units first week
    mirrorball - 98,000 units first week

so i think it's fair to say that living with war's sales would have been at least comparable to prairie wind's sales had it been available in all cities and stores. a lot of people i've talked to are waiting for the cd / dvd combo to come out...personally i couldn't wait! - i'll pick up the dvd / cd combo when it comes out too.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=entertainmentNews&storyid=2006-05-18T000524Z_01_N17293422_RTRUKOC_0_US-leisure-chilipeppers.xml&src=rss&rpc=22
  • Options
    on a side note...i was reading some articles and comments while looking for the sales numbers...

one i read chastised neil for making an album of ten anti-american songs...

i didn't realize "america the beautiful" was an anti-american song...
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Neil like pearl jam has his fan base who buys everything he does. His albums recently i think hoover around gold status a little below a little above.

that being said they are usually better then the albums that go multi platnum now adays.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    Neil like pearl jam has his fan base who buys everything he does. His albums recently i think hoover around gold status a little below a little above.

that being said they are usually better then the albums that go multi platnum now adays.

by far intodeep! :)
  • Options
    it's really realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly good...

anyone mention that yet?
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    it goes without saying PJ & toast...it's neil ;)

it is awesome, though! :D
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Good sales(compared to his other recent albums) considering it wasn't in any advertisements at all due to its rushed release. And the whole thing with it not being available everywhere the first week, pretty impressive really.