I won a musicvideo-contest... and then I didn't...

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,187
edited January 2008 in Other Music
Tori Amos had a musicvideo contest for her "bouncing off clouds" song from the new album. I made a video, uploaded it to where you where suppose to but then read the rules where it said you had to be from USA to participate in the contest, I am from Sweden.

So I was disqualified and pretty ashamed that I had not read the rules before sending in the video.

Anyway. Then I got an email form Sony/BMG that said I had won the contest and a trip to LA to see Tori Amos. I replyed and said I was from Sweden and then I got an email that said they were sorry but I couln't win the contest.

So I sort of won a trip to LA and then I didn't... pretty weird. Here is my video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlR5YbM2ey0
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pretty cool that you won!

Sorry that you didn't... :(

Mixed blessing that, wasn't it.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • That really sucks, they should take more note of the entries and where they are from before picking a winner.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    Impressive video!

Seriously though, as if Sony/BMG couldn't afford a plane ticket from Sweden to LA...
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Tori Amos had a musicvideo contest for her "bouncing off clouds" song from the new album. I made a video, uploaded it to where you where suppose to but then read the rules where it said you had to be from USA to participate in the contest, I am from Sweden.

So I was disqualified and pretty ashamed that I had not read the rules before sending in the video.

Anyway. Then I got an email form Sony/BMG that said I had won the contest and a trip to LA to see Tori Amos. I replyed and said I was from Sweden and then I got an email that said they were sorry but I couln't win the contest.

So I sort of won a trip to LA and then I didn't... pretty weird. Here is my video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlR5YbM2ey0
    That's awesome! Did she actually choose your video? It's really good, you should be proud. It reminds me of a friend of mine who makes drawings in a similar style.
  • Saturnal - I don't know who picked it, I guess it was the record company... would be really proud if Tori Amos herself would have picked out something I had done :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"