Why are albums released so long after completion - Evil Urges

stevieraveonstevieraveon Posts: 413
edited April 2008 in Other Music
So I've been listening to Evil Urges on my ipod the last few days (I will pay for it of course when it comes out) and I was wondering if this is the final version (i.e. no more mixing going to take place) why do they wait so long to release it to the public when it's ready? Why is the release date not till June?

Is it because of promotional strategy or something?

Anyway, listening to the album made me finally buy tickets for a concert at Red Rocks...MMJ 8/21/2008 (a venue I've wanted to check out for a long time)
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MikeoMikeo Posts: 199
    So I've been listening to Evil Urges on my ipod the last few days (I will pay for it of course when it comes out) and I was wondering if this is the final version (i.e. no more mixing going to take place) why do they wait so long to release it to the public when it's ready? Why is the release date not till June?

Is it because of promotional strategy or something?

Anyway, listening to the album made me finally buy tickets for a concert at Red Rocks...MMJ 8/21/2008 (a venue I've wanted to check out for a long time)

This album makes me want to travel back in time and befriend these people before they got big...so then i could see every show they have ever done. this album is extreamly good.
  • It always depends. Sometimes it's marketing purposes.

i know from hearing gripes from bands in the past, that in some instances their record label will hold off for long periods of time so they can suck every last dollar out of another artist on their roster first.

For instance, if band A is a rock band, and band B is a rock band, then you don't want fans to have to pick one or the other to spend their 15 bucks on. So you stagger them 2-3 months apart so 90% of the fans who are going to buy band A already have it before they will release band B.

It's bullshit really. Artists sit around waiting, as they new songs become old songs, just so the record label can bleed everyone dry first.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB