How did I miss out on this band?!? MMJ

stevieraveonstevieraveon Posts: 413
edited December 2007 in Other Music
I can now relate to people who say "I just started listening to PJ la few years ago, why didn't I know how great they were before and see them earlier"

I just finally started listening to My Morning Jacket's albums because of seeing the extra on the Imagine DVD and I'm blown away. Jim James reverb drenched vocals, awesome jams, etc. Seeing Jim play the stuff solo acoustic on youtube is great, too. Haven't been this into a new band in a long time.

And to think I was drinking beers in the lobby at concerts while they were opening for Pearl Jam multiple times...ARGHHHH!!!!!
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    That sucks dude. I know the pain of skipping an "unknown" opener to continue drinking beers. Missed the Mars Volta in 2003.

I have become a fan of theirs after seeing them open for PJ. During the set, I was impressed with some of the jams they had, and found Z and became a fan
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • MMJ is a great band...I just got into them about 2 years ago and when I frist started listening to them, I think I did for about 3 months straight.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Been listening mainly to "It Still Moves" and just started listening to "Okonokos". ..got to get "Z".
    Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    Steve my man, we always come around eventually in the windy city

believe it or not, until I heard run through at UC I did not even care to know who they were. I agree I love his reverb saturated vocals

They were lights out at Lolla