XM Radio

Mike RenzellaMike Renzella Posts: 55
edited October 2007 in Other Music
I saw my wife eyeing a Future Shop flyer, and asking me what I thought of a deal in it for XM Satellite Radio. I know my wife, and she wouldn't be touching that flyer or asking me about a specific product, if it wasn't going to be my birthday present when I turn 27 next week.

So, it is a given that I will be getting an XM receiver for my car. I don't know too much about satellite radio. Is it good? Are there any good 90s-only rock stations?
"A toast....to Canadian born Neil Young!!!" - Eddie Vedder

CANADIAN AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kDoGG3n4kDoGG3n4 Posts: 228
    Sirius has an awesome 90s station.....

XM is great for baseball.....

I have both and if you want better music... get Sirius....plus you get Howard, Bubba, and Scott Ferrall (the best sports guy out there)

but from what I heard.....around Dec. the merger will go through anyways....
    The Answers are Fatal.
  • The merger?
    "A toast....to Canadian born Neil Young!!!" - Eddie Vedder

CANADIAN AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!!
  • I saw my wife eyeing a Future Shop flyer, and asking me what I thought of a deal in it for XM Satellite Radio. I know my wife, and she wouldn't be touching that flyer or asking me about a specific product, if it wasn't going to be my birthday present when I turn 27 next week.

So, it is a given that I will be getting an XM receiver for my car. I don't know too much about satellite radio. Is it good? Are there any good 90s-only rock stations?

I spent a lot of last weekend listening to XM, and I really liked it. There was a 90's station that played a mix of eerything from the 90's, but then there was also one called "Fred" or something, that played "early alternative" and I really loved that one. It was like going back to the early to mid 90's and listening to your favorite radio station. It made me feel 15 again. ;):D (I'm 27 also.)

Apparently, Sirius and XM are just waiting for approval to merge together.
  • Sirius kills XM in every single way.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i love my xm.
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    Sirius kills XM in every single way.
    sirius has a weak playlist for their music channels.. they basically play the same stuff commerical radio stations play.. xm has better master system with more songs. in the past week on ethel and squizz i've heard Black from Benaroya, all of Lollapallooza, Come Back... and back when Ethel had Faded Flannel on Fridays from 3-4 i used to hear Believe You Me, and the Bad Radio ver of Betterman as well
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • I rather like xm (but not as uch as my iPod), atleast far more than the regular radio. Mainly listen to Fred and Fungus plus some Ethel and Lucy and maybe Squizz. I also use it for traffic reports because they do them so frequently and so much more in depth than any of the local radio stations.
  • XM has Opie and Anthony, which is a good enough reason to get XM, but they do have some good music stations like Lucy & Ethel, Sirius does have and 90's Alt Rock station, but they repeat songs like crazy on it.
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • kDoGG3n4 wrote:
    Sirius has an awesome 90s station.....

yes, Lithium channel is by far the best station I've ever heard. it says: grunge and 90s alternatative - I love it.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Them-Bones wrote:
    XM has Opie and Anthony, which is a good enough reason to get XM, but they do have some good music stations like Lucy & Ethel, Sirius does have and 90's Alt Rock station, but they repeat songs like crazy on it.

naa, I listen all the time and rarely do I hear repeats on Lithium. Everyonce in a while I hear offspring, but I can deal with it till the next song. Get sirius if you like Grunge and 90s alternative, you won't be sorry.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • I have XM blah blah blah its better because of blah blah blah and stern sucks blah blah blah

I have Sirius Blah blah blah its better because of blah blah blah and opie and anthony suck blah blah blah.
  • When my husband and I rented a car out in California, it had Sirius installed. It was Coachella weekend, and I don't know if this had something to do with it, but they repeated the exact same programming every twelve hours on the alternative channel. It was kind of annoying but we only happened to notice because of what times we were in the car. It wouldn't surprise me if they both did it to save money.
  • If you want music get Sirius....so much better selection

If you want talk radio (which is the reason I bought XM.....for Opie and Anthony) get XM!