Sin by Nine Inch Nails "live"

smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
edited December 2007 in Other Music
I have been listening to a bunch of Nine Inch Nails boots lately, and this song live is so f*cking intense. They really pick up the intensity when they perform this song. I saw them in 1994, but can't recall their set-list, only a few songs I can envision in my mind on reflection, but this was not one of them. Too bad I can't recall. Even on that live album, it stood out to me. I haven't checked out any of the live DVDs they have put out, but I may be changing that soon

Anyone seen them lately and felt the power of this song live ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtDgyyOomK8
1998 ~ Barrie
2003 ~ Toronto
2005 ~ London, Toronto
2006 ~ Toronto
2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
2014 - Detroit
2019 - Chicago X 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Seen them live a few times, and I THINK they played it...can't be sure though. It's on the AATCHB dvd, I know that.

Gave Up is probably the most intense song performed live that I can think of though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BGC4tMRkCY

That or Terrible Lie...intense
  • Saturnal wrote:
    Seen them live a few times, and I THINK they played it...can't be sure though. It's on the AATCHB dvd, I know that.

Gave Up is probably the most intense song performed live that I can think of though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BGC4tMRkCY

That or Terrible Lie...intense

And maybe Wish too...haha! Too many to list.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    That NIN show at woodstock is around the top of my list of shows that I wish I could have been at, looks pretty wild.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    That NIN show at woodstock is around the top of my list of shows that I wish I could have been at, looks pretty wild.

I would agree too, lots of mud

on a similar not, I would add the Rage performance at Woodstock 1999 as well
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    http://remix.nin.com/

go there...

enjoy
  • smarchee wrote:
    I saw them in 1994, but can't recall their set-list

what was the date and venue?

very few bands can hang with NIN live. just wish they would dump some of the weaker standards, like "gave up." saw the 10 times between 2005-07. just awesome.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • lowlight10 wrote:

very few bands can hang with NIN live. just wish they would dump some of the weaker standards, like "gave up." saw the 10 times between 2005-07. just awesome.
    No way, Gave Up rules...I'd only trade it for Physical or maybe No You Don't.

JaneNY will have to settle this dispute...
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I don't like Gave Up. I've seen NIN five times, and i'm pretty sure i've heard it five times. Never does a thing for me, but everyone else goes mental...I just don't get it. It justs seems to weak compared to the rest of Broken (Wish, Suck and Last are all AMAZING live).

No, You Don't is also brilliant live.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
    lowlight10 wrote:

I believe it was August 5, 1994 in Barrie, Ontario

Is there a website for NIN setlists going back to 1994 that you know of
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • there was, it was called the art of self destruction (taosd.net) but it looks like its gone.

the tour date archive says it was 8/6/94 at Molson Park.
    -

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    smarchee wrote:
    I have been listening to a bunch of Nine Inch Nails boots lately, and this song live is so f*cking intense. They really pick up the intensity when they perform this song. I saw them in 1994, but can't recall their set-list, only a few songs I can envision in my mind on reflection, but this was not one of them. Too bad I can't recall. Even on that live album, it stood out to me. I haven't checked out any of the live DVDs they have put out, but I may be changing that soon

Anyone seen them lately and felt the power of this song live ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtDgyyOomK8
    Man, you need to get Live: Beside you in Time.
    Man, you need to get Live: Beside you in Time.
    And All That Could Have Been is better.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

audiodave wrote:
    And All That Could Have Been is better.
    I just recently started buying music dvds...haven't seen this one anywhere yet. I'll check it out, thanks.
    I just recently started buying music dvds...haven't seen this one anywhere yet. I'll check it out, thanks.
    Hey, it's just my personal opinion. It's from the Fragility 2.0 tour, and The Fragile is pretty much my favourite album ever.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

audiodave wrote:
    Hey, it's just my personal opinion. It's from the Fragility 2.0 tour, and The Fragile is pretty much my favourite album ever.

Ya, my first NIN live experience was the With Teeth/Beside You in Time tour (or whatever it was called ), and it was a really emotional show for me for a lot of reasons...that dvd takes me back. I just haven't seen the other dvd, (nor heard of, honestly - I'm a big, but not HUGE fan)was serious when I said thanks :D
    Ya, my first NIN live experience was the With Teeth/Beside You in Time tour (or whatever it was called ), and it was a really emotional show for me for a lot of reasons...that dvd takes me back. I just haven't seen the other dvd, (nor heard of, honestly - I'm a big, but not HUGE fan)was serious when I said thanks :D
    I've only been a fan for a few years, and my first live NIN experience was on the With Teeth tour aswell. They never fail to dissapoint though.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Saturnal wrote:
    No way, Gave Up rules...I'd only trade it for Physical or maybe No You Don't.

JaneNY will have to settle this dispute...

Haha you knew I couldn't ignore any thread with NIN in the title. Hard choice! I do love Gave Up, but it could trade off with No You Don't because I love the percussion in it. I can't think of any NIN song that I don't like, so I have a hard time picking something that eliminates something else.

I really really love that video of Gave Up with Manson in it. Everybody is just so wired in it.

As to Sin, I love it live.

After he gets Beside You in Time and And All that Could Have Been, he's going to need to find Closure. The DVD.

Back to nin-world.....have a nice night :)

p.s. if you haven't seen Reptile from the Woodstock 94 show its way cool. Wish I'd been at that too.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • smarchee wrote:
    I believe it was August 5, 1994 in Barrie, Ontario

Is there a website for NIN setlists going back to 1994 that you know of

here you go...

http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=227524

Nine Inch Nails
    08/06/94
    Molson Park, Barrie, ON

Pinion
    Terrible Lie
    Sin
    Something I Can Never Have
    Closer
    Reptile
    Wish
    Suck
    The Only Time
    Get Down Make Love
    Down In It
    Head Like A Hole
    Dead Souls
    Help Me Im In Hell
    Happiness In Slavery
    -

lowlight10 wrote:
    here you go...

http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=227524

Nine Inch Nails
    08/06/94
    Molson Park, Barrie, ON

Pinion
    Terrible Lie
    Sin
    Something I Can Never Have
    Closer
    Reptile
    Wish
    Suck
    The Only Time
    Get Down Make Love
    Down In It
    Head Like A Hole
    Dead Souls
    Help Me Im In Hell
    Happiness In Slavery

Thanks lowlight10 for spending some of your time finding that, I appreciate it. Hmmm, I remember them playing Terrible Lie, because the light show was really impressive during that song, and I remember Reptile, but that is it. Must have been the drugs. That was quite a day, my first real big outdoor concert. Also playing on that bill before NIN, I got to see Pop Will Eat Itself, The Reverend Horton Heat and Marilyn Manson, before anyone knew what they were all about. Needless to say, it was quite the spectical and I am sure there were others besides I who couldn't believe the look of those guys. I had the sample from, oh, track 6 on their first album, what the hell was it, it had a video parodying Willie Wonka. After NIN was Soundgarden, which was a letdown after how amazing NIN sounded, it was a tough act to follow.

EDIT: Dope Hat, also, I am glad to know that they played Dead Souls, no recollection of that, but that is one of my favourite NIN songs
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    audiodave wrote:
    I don't like Gave Up. I've seen NIN five times, and i'm pretty sure i've heard it five times. Never does a thing for me, but everyone else goes mental...I just don't get it. It justs seems to weak compared to the rest of Broken (Wish, Suck and Last are all AMAZING live).

No, You Don't is also brilliant live.

wish and suck are among my favorites to hear live
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    i HIGHLY recommend downloading this:

http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbbx/viewtopic.php?t=27898&highlight=twilight+20052007

this is a compilation of every different song played live from 2005-2007. this guy went though many many live recordings that he collected and found the best version of each song. then put them into an order that sounds like a 60 song setlist. each song flows perfectly into the next one. i have just about listened to the whole thing in order and i am blown away by this.
  • I've seen them twice this year.. And both times they performed Sin.. It was just overwhelming.. wow

I really love the And All That Could Have Been version, that's why I wanted to hear it live.. And I got it TWICE :D
  • 'somewhat damaged' alone on Beside You in Time is worth the price of admission. glad i got to experience that live. amazing.
    -