Ever hear of The Black Keys?

acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
edited June 2008 in Other Music
I was in a store and they were playing, I asked who they were and the kid told me. I never heard of them. I listened to them on youtube and I dig'em.
Pretty cool stuff.
Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
Sweep the Leg Johnny.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ntt117ntt117 Posts: 56
    Consider yourself lucky to just walk in and see them. They're a really cool and fun band. If you're just gettin started i would start with the early stuff and work my way up.
    "If we werent all crazy we would go insane."
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    The Black Keys are great. My friend plays the lead singer in their new video. :)
    NERDS!
  • acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    ntt117 wrote:
    Consider yourself lucky to just walk in and see them. They're a really cool and fun band. If you're just gettin started i would start with the early stuff and work my way up.
    Whats the name of the first album?
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Excellent band. I'm hoping to catch them this fall when they come around. Good find.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Whats the name of the first album?

the big come up

im seeing them in two days. WOOHOO!!!! for me. i can hardly wait. one of my fave live bands. patrick carney is a demon on drums. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I'm seeing them for the 4th time in August. They are just over the top fantastic.

Start out with Thickfreakness. But honestly it doesn't matter which one you start out with. The new album is flat out over the top fantastic.

Dan has great tone and a great voice.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • They are awesome. Get Rubber Factory and Attack & Release right away.
  • bold99bold99 Posts: 17
    I can't believe there are people who haven't heard of them at this point. Go see them live, they are incredible. They are doing a show with MMJ at Red Rocks that is going to be great.
  • IlovveePJIlovveePJ Posts: 145
    They are really good. Can't wait to see them at ACL. (:
    Cincinnati. 6.24.06 Portland. 7.20.06 Gorge I. 7.22.06 London. 6.18.07
    Lollapalooza. 8.5.07 West Palm Beach. 6.11.08 Bonnaroo. 6.14.08
    Hartford. Mansfield.

www.myspace.com/lkatmeimsandrab
  • Fkn fantastic band! And they will melt your face off live. All their albums are kick ass. For two guys....their sound is massive.

Can't wait to see them in the fall!
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    Their drummer amazes the hell out of me! I swear he looks like Bonham when he starts drumming.
  • PJ_PhilPJ_Phil Posts: 84
    Awesome band. Kinda like the White Stripes, but dare I say more bluesy. Their latest album "Attack and Release" is awesome. Just a solid discography overall really. Rubber Factory is also excellent. Check em out!

Phil
    Shows:

Montreal 2003
    Boston (1&2) 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Ottawa 2005
    Halifax 2005
    Boston (1&2) 2006
    Hartford 2008
    Mansfield (1&2)2008
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    lots of buzz around these guys, I've liked what I've heard .... will see them live in SF at the Outside Lands Fest in August ...

... to be continued ...
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • bold99 wrote:
    I can't believe there are people who haven't heard of them at this point. Go see them live, they are incredible. They are doing a show with MMJ at Red Rocks that is going to be great.

That show is going to be over the top incredible. That's a line up!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    I was in a store and they were playing, I asked who they were and the kid told me. I never heard of them. I listened to them on youtube and I dig'em.
    Pretty cool stuff.

you never heard of them before that? wow!
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • The_Fixer The_Fixer Posts: 255
    They are awesome. Get Attack & Release right away.

Do it NOW !!
    Montreal 08/20/98 | New York 09/11/98 | Wantagh 08/24/00 | Montreal 10/04/00 | Montreal 06/29/03 | Montreal 09/15/05
    Toronto 05/10/06 | Vancouver 04/02//08 (Ed) | Manchester 06/14/08 | Montreal 08/09/08 (Ed) | Montreal 08/10/08 (Ed) 
    Albany 06/08/09 (Ed) | Philadelphia 10/31/09 | Montreal 09/07/11 | Ottawa 05/08/16 | Brooklyn 04/07/17 (RRHOF)
    Dana Point 09/09/17 (Ed) | Rome 06/26/18
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    got tixs for them in august. i'm pumped!
    (newbie fan)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    i saw them open for Pearl Jam in Berlin 06. hot & sunny afternoon, gorgeous amphitheatre in the woods. really suited their music. big fan since.
    Live set is VERY good.
  • IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
    I was randomly listening a few albums in a music store and Attack & Release caught my attention so I bought it :D
    Great album !
    So now, I'm looking forward to hear some of their previous albums. Any recommendations ?
  • Love this band. Their live show is astounding. I'll be seeing them twice in August, once at Lolla and then opening for the Black Crowes.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Kikok wrote:
    I was randomly listening a few albums in a music store and Attack & Release caught my attention so I bought it :D
    Great album !
    So now, I'm looking forward to hear some of their previous albums. Any recommendations ?

Rubber Factory. Rubber Factory. Rubber Factory.

Have I mentioned Rubber Factory?
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    love the black keys they are one of the better bands going around these days.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • racecarracecar Posts: 13
    Magic Potion...Magic Potion....Magic Potion....
    and i stare you back
    oh blue eyes, i've seen it
    if just once i could feel love
    oh stare back at me, yeah..
  • IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
    Rubber Factory. Rubber Factory. Rubber Factory.

Have I mentioned Rubber Factory?

So if I understand correctly, you mean Rubber Factory, right ? :D