The New "I Fuckin' Feel Like Talking About Dave Matthews Fans" Thread

bonowallbonowall Posts: 116
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Call it a generalization that might not be appropriate OR just call it a fair observation. Last night pissed me off so much that I actually thought about throwing one of these punks through the crowd (an di am SOOOO not a violent person).There was a posse of about 10-12 kids were were clearly unable to hold their alcohol, weed intake, and manners during the show.

They were obnoxious to the point where they were forcing people to relocate. they were talking and making fun of PJ during their whole set and how do I know they were fane of Dave? Cuz that's all they kept saying...."dude, where's fucking Dave? fuck this PJ shit" And add a few more f-bombs. As I watched these monkeys (like you would in a zoo) I also realized that all they could muster out of their pathetic pie-holes was F this anf F that.

I hate them. Truly. I will expend actual energy to feel that was too. My firend actually went over to tell them to keep quiet during the PJ set and they were saying "F you dude....don't get hostile, it's a benefit" But these assholes don't have a clue what the benefit was for. They also were making fun of the handicapped children.

Now I am not sure if this is indicative of all DMB fans (and I suspect it's not) but I will say this....I planned our pre-party, I invited THOSE fans to it, and not only did no one respond, but they flamed me for doing it.....for trying to raise money. I guess they are all too FU....(I won't do it)...I guess they are too ignorant to see something good come from it.

TOnight - if you are an obnoxious DMB fan, I encourage you to stay the hell away from me....please. And if you those boys in that group were in fact Pearl Jam fans, please provide me all with your personal information...I'd like to talk to you about a few things.

(PS - I know, I know...leave it alone man...it's not worth it...its a mixed show and you will always get assholes....I know. But these guys REALLY REALLY annoyed me. Unlike any other shared show I've been to.)

I have NO Respect for their fan base. They might be tight knit and all but they suck!

I feel better now.
HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:
www.myspace.com/greendisease06

Web Site:
www.wallsstreetjournal.net

Proud Volunteer of:
www.wishlistfoundation.org
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jojojojo Posts: 645
    yea most of that is true but they don't get the whole poster thing so we're prob even :p
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • that sucks man, i'm sure its not indicative of dmb's fan base. there are plenty of pj fans that are jackasses too, but that sucks that they were ruining it for you. hopefully they don't show up tonight.
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    wow. you know what you might be right. at first it sounded like a sterotype, and of course it is, but it might be an accurate one at that. Sure I know some level headed dmb fans, but there are a lot of frat boys who use the concerts as an exscuse to get hammered. However, there are a lot of hot chicks at dmb concerts, thats besides the point. I just think those guys inparticular are really dumb for A. ripping on pj and B. just being dave fans, i think he pretty much sucks ass
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    Gmoney wrote:
    However, there are a lot of hot chicks at dmb concerts, thats besides the point.

That cracked me up :D
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    unfortunately, there are always rude people at concerts.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • JibitiJibiti Posts: 265
    go to antsmarching.org. probably some of the most intelligent people I've seen on any message board
    6.30.06 - Marcus Ampitheatre (Summerfest),
    9.03-04.11 PJ20!!!
    7.19.13 - Wrigley!!!
    10.19.14, 10.20.14 (Yield!!)
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,247
    I heard a song with Jurrassic 5 featuring DMB called "Work It Out" I like IT! =)
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I learned to never say anything to a drunk person at a show, just move away.
    This drunk guy (flanked by 2 girls) were swaying and dancing (they had cut in front of me at a small venue that holds like 500 ppl) and he was nearly stepping on me. I told him he was in my space. When he turned to tell me "no I'm not" his breath was so heavy with alcohol, I think I got a buzz. He scared me though, so I'll never say anything again. At peter frampton, the other night, same venue, a lady kept smiling at me. Then she tapped me on the shoulder and said, "you are separating me from my friends I came with" I left, I went back over to my husband. It's not like I squeezed in between them, I was unaware they were together.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    I agree with the original poster 100%. I have about ten buddies that will go to Dave concerts. All of them know about five songs and go just to get hammered and see other people. The true DMB fans are much better than that, its just that Dave attracts a lot more attention from idiots. You can't say that pearl jam doesnt still get the people at the show to listen to ten....although not as much these days.
  • cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    You can't say all DMB fans are fucked just from that. I'm not a huge dmb fan, but i have been to a show and saw nothing like that.

I think of daves fans as a rather mellow crowd, There is always a chance of running into idiots anywhere, even a pj show :)
  • boonieboonie Posts: 14
    Jibiti wrote:
    go to antsmarching.org. probably some of the most intelligent people I've seen on any message board
    I have like 1600 posts on that board and what i will say is there are some people on there who know what is going on but for the most part it's a bunch of people who think Dave is god and can do no wrong. The fact of the matter is most sterotypes about DMB fans are true
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    cuyler41 wrote:
    There is always a chance of running into idiots anywhere, even a pj show :)

That's true. In fact I think these guys and 5,000 of their closest friends all made it to East Rutherford 1 this year.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    who's Dave Matthews?

only half kidding..only ever heard the name here...no idea who the fuck that is or what the music is like..he's an non-entity in Europe afaik..
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    As has been said, there are bound to be dumb fucks at any show you go to.
    I like DMB, and yeah there are usually quite a few jerkoffs there, but I've also seen a fair share at PJ shows as well.
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Down in the 100s it was definitely a DMB crowd -- I am really beginning to wonder which act sold the most tickets. Mayhaps Dave sold the most expensive tickets? I dunno.... But yes, many drunken frat boys decended upon us in the 100s section -- many were kicked out for too many people/not enough seats (folks shuttling friends down to seats with other tix). We got to see some pretty amazing bumping and grinding that I thought only happened at high school proms now (or rap music vids). Influx of Silicon Valley Heads!

But I do think we were sold a bill of goods. Every single promotional posting I saw for the benefit listed: Neil Young; Pearl Jam; Dave Matthews, et al...

Now it clearly states (not in appearance order) -- BUT every single freakin piece of lit I saw, I think even the T-shirts at the gig had it: Neil; PJ; DMB.

And i dunno why I bought it -- one second of thought and sure ok, Dave is the bigger commerical entity right now. The more mainstream for sure. But I coulda sworn that PJ was gonna "Headline" the Bridge. Soooooo disappointed in the short lil set.

Imagine what a Brian Wilson/DMB back-to-back sets would have felt like followed by Trent/Foo/PJ. Whoa! But again, it just wasn't that kinda concert. PJ held their own in their spot, but I almost kinda wished they were right after foo, but really, that DMB and Wilson where much earlier.

Pretty sure Brian Wilson before them played longer than PJ (even though PJ came out for benifit all-star encore jam). Was a great set regardless, but I dunno, feeling kinda ripped off from a purely PJ-fan PoV.

As a music fan in general, I had a blast!
    [sic] happens
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    dude your gonna find those people at any concert, hell go sit in the upper deck of a pj crowd and see some people not hold there liquor.dmb fans are way cool,my uncle saw dmb at giant stadium a couple years back and he said these kids drink like theres no tommrow.also he said that dmb has hot fans.u cant judge a whole fan base just cause of 12 kids who cant hold there liquor
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• bonowall wrote:
    Call it a generalization that might not be appropriate OR just call it a fair observation. Last night pissed me off so much that I actually thought about throwing one of these punks through the crowd (an di am SOOOO not a violent person).There was a posse of about 10-12 kids were were clearly unable to hold their alcohol, weed intake, and manners during the show.

They were obnoxious to the point where they were forcing people to relocate. they were talking and making fun of PJ during their whole set and how do I know they were fane of Dave? Cuz that's all they kept saying...."dude, where's fucking Dave? fuck this PJ shit" And add a few more f-bombs. As I watched these monkeys (like you would in a zoo) I also realized that all they could muster out of their pathetic pie-holes was F this anf F that.

I hate them. Truly. I will expend actual energy to feel that was too. My firend actually went over to tell them to keep quiet during the PJ set and they were saying "F you dude....don't get hostile, it's a benefit" But these assholes don't have a clue what the benefit was for. They also were making fun of the handicapped children.

Now I am not sure if this is indicative of all DMB fans (and I suspect it's not) but I will say this....I planned our pre-party, I invited THOSE fans to it, and not only did no one respond, but they flamed me for doing it.....for trying to raise money. I guess they are all too FU....(I won't do it)...I guess they are too ignorant to see something good come from it.

TOnight - if you are an obnoxious DMB fan, I encourage you to stay the hell away from me....please. And if you those boys in that group were in fact Pearl Jam fans, please provide me all with your personal information...I'd like to talk to you about a few things.

(PS - I know, I know...leave it alone man...it's not worth it...its a mixed show and you will always get assholes....I know. But these guys REALLY REALLY annoyed me. Unlike any other shared show I've been to.)

I have NO Respect for their fan base. They might be tight knit and all but they suck!

I feel better now.

Waaaaa!!

Sorry.

DMB fans are notoriously awful. It's why I stopped seeing the band live-- but seeing them in that format, at Bridge, made me remember why I loved them so much at one point.

Ultimately adults will lose their tolerance for obnoxious kids. Next time buy seats.

Last time DMB played Bridge, Tom Petty was also on the bill. Tom Petty was due to be on stage first, and backstage he had an absolute FIT. Elliot Roberts (Neil's manager) pulled him aside and said basically, "If you can sell out this venue in six minutes, you can be as high as you want on the bill."

I always found that funny.
    As much as I would have loved for it to be Pearl Jam's show both nights, DMB had a totally disproportionate amount of time on stage & I guess the DMB fans thought they reserved the right to be obnoxious about it.

I'm telling you though, next time: SEATS. The DMB pukes who irritate you can't afford real tickets just yet, and it's really hard to bone your girlfriend in molded plastic.
    "I just want to thank you for the opportunity to communicate with so many of you.
    And I know that the bootlegs, people will hear them, and people who weren't here will hear them, and it might sound overly emotional, but if they were here they'd understand."
  • Matt83Matt83 Posts: 7
    Every band has fans like that, but I guess it's "ok" for those annoying drunk assholes at a Pearl Jam show to act like douches and only have the desire to hear songs such as Jeremy, Even Flow, Do the Evolution, and if it's a DMB show, those drunken people who are acting like pricks and only know a couple songs are frowned down upon, right?
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Well, I went home and double checked my $40 long sleeve shirt, and sure enough: Neil Young, Pearl Jam; DMB in that order....

I wonder if Dave didn't pick up on Tom Petty's strategy? Don't get me wrong, this was A LOT better than the U2/Public Enemy/Sugarcubes concert many years ago -- talk about miss-matched audiences!!!

But I'm working up a big old disgruntlement now towards Bridge -- this really was marketed/sold as a PJ Headline gig. Six songs (well, 11 overall I guess) was a waste of my money. And of course, good cause so I'm not really mad about the money.

I just wanted to see Pearl Jam a heck of a lot more!
    [sic] happens
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    I've been to double digit shows of both DMB and PJ. Both fan bases have their share of assholes and both have their share of cool people.
  • mulva9 wrote:
    I've been to double digit shows of both DMB and PJ. Both fan bases have their share of assholes and both have their share of cool people.

i agree 100%.
    i have been to over 100 DMB shows, but only 10 PJ shows.....but i went to bridge school FOR pearl jam.
    if they were not playing, i would not have made the trip up, since i had just seem DMB at the end of august.

to the original poster, who wrote about the pe-show party...

"I planned our pre-party, I invited THOSE fans to it, and not only did no one respond, but they flamed me for doing it.....for trying to raise money. I guess they are all too FU....(I won't do it)...I guess they are too ignorant to see something good come from it."

you need to remember that DMB has their own charity organization called bamaworks that many of us contribute to through benefit shows or donations, so it is possible that some people had already spent their money on DMB charity this year. (i know that i sure did)
    bridge school tickets were EXPENSIVE, and many of us justified paying that much BECAUSE it WAS a benefit. for some people it is not easy to afford benefit tickets PLUS a charity auction / raffle in the same weekend.

but the charitable donations aside, i brought 5 other dmb fans to your pearl jam pre-party......and when we pulled up, we saw 2 other cars that had DMB stickers on them. plus, i bid on one of the auctions, but was outbid beause i could not afford higher than $70 after spending so much on the bridge school tix already.
    so just because people did not post positively in your thread... wherever you posted.... it does not mean that ALL dmb fans thought negatively about it or are "too FU." or "too ignorant to see something good come from it"

and no matter where you go, there are always going to be assholes in the crowd - whether its DMB, PJ, or anything else....sorry you had to get stuck next to assholes that also happened to like DMB
    Fill the air up with love...
  • bonowallbonowall Posts: 116
    Matt83 wrote:
    Every band has fans like that, but I guess it's "ok" for those annoying drunk assholes at a Pearl Jam show to act like douches and only have the desire to hear songs such as Jeremy, Even Flow, Do the Evolution, and if it's a DMB show, those drunken people who are acting like pricks and only know a couple songs are frowned down upon, right?

I admit to overreacting to the situation - I was INCREDIBLY frustrated by the fac tthat PJ wasn't the headliner and that coupled with everything else that was negative before it - I just blew my lid. I was just unfortunate is all.

I know there are an many PJ fan assholes too - I've had tons of them try to sneak up to my seats and then get mad at me for having them...all the while begging for Jeremy!!!!!

My bad...
    HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:
    www.myspace.com/greendisease06

Web Site:
    www.wallsstreetjournal.net

Proud Volunteer of:
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
  • On Saturday I had amazing seats... second row... during PJ many people sat there like ROCKS not like dead fish..the entire 103 section looked like zombies from.. the people in front of me just sat there.....in fact.. as I was jumping up and down and dancing.. a fat obnoxous dude told me he would have me kicked out of the venue for being "too wild" ... I was dancing and screaming MIKE... he kept smiling and maybe I was being crazy but PJ is my band... during DMB more of the ROCKS danced..

I wonder.. if you know...please let me know..do the DMB fans get lots of elite seats... somehow they took over the venue- especially the good seats... does anyone know???

My perspective was different on Sunday I was in the 204 section... every one stood and sang and danced during PJ.. in fact.. after PJ many people left.. there were hundreds of vacant seats for DMB fans.. they were happy because they dance like pansies.. in fact I think a lot of the DMB fans -the males..were shaking their hips and grinding like chicks...
    Up the West Coast in 2006 and Hawaii++Santa Barbara, San Fran x 3, Portland, Gorge x2
    Chicago and Down the Coast in 2003
    Seattle 2005
    SF 2000, 2001, 2003--- oh or you can come to terms and realize you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself
  • larslars Posts: 524
    iluvcats wrote:
    unfortunately, there are always rude people at concerts.
    If you can´t be rude at a rock koncert, where can you? I despise listening koncerts where people stay quiet through the set to be one with the music. Get a fucking life and stop acting intellectual you fucking students....and pay of your depts. Have fun and be obnoxious....ha!
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    lars wrote:
    If you can´t be rude at a rock koncert, where can you? I despise listening koncerts where people stay quiet through the set to be one with the music. Get a fucking life and stop acting intellectual you fucking students....and pay of your depts. Have fun and be obnoxious....ha!

Go to college, learn to spell, than you can pay off your debts...
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Go to college, learn to spell, than you can pay off your debts...
    touchy touchy my little flanders.....still paying of?
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.