Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sawwweeeeet
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    That is kick ass!!! i can't fucking wait....a double album....very cool! This will be a good year for music..
  • Options
    BRING IT ON BRING IT ON!!!!! "we'll service everybody with a bonus track, because we have them"
    too cool!
  • Options
    bonus tracks in different regions sounds like a move to boost sales more than anything...

i can imagine how this is gonna sound, nice music played by talented musicians, but lacking soul and interesting ideas, a.k.a by the way part two

i lost interest in these guys shortly after by the way was released and i listened to it...
  • Options
    I hope this album rocks, just like every other great album coming out this year!!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i cant wait for this but the idea of releasing different bonus tracks is very lame. they should just include them on a post mothers milk version of Out in LA.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    It dont matter Chili Peppers have new fans they dont need the crusty old ones :D
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    finally. i almost forgot all about RHCP. listened to "by the way" today. great record. l like where they're at musically than before. john frusciante's solo records are great too. highly recommend "shadows collide with.."
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    yeh someone else posted that article from vh1 already...sounds promising..can't wait for May 9th
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh someone else posted that article from vh1 already...sounds promising..can't wait for May 9th

I didn't know you were a chili pepungo fan :D
  • Options
    I didn't know you were a chili pepungo fan :D
    haha...well i am.
    heard some of the new tracks..live versions and they arent that fantastic..well i hope the studio versions are different.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    haha...well i am.
    heard some of the new tracks played live and it isnt that fantastic..well i hope the studio versions are different.

they prolly will..... that article said it was retardedly funky.... so we'll see, there's only one way to find out....
  • Options
    they prolly will..... that article said it was retardedly funky.... so we'll see, there's only one way to find out....
    they all sound like anything you can find from By the Way...lets hope they add some funk into the tunes...i really miss the good old days..
    By the Way and Californication were good albums..but i think they have alot more talent than that.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    they all sound like anything you can find from By the Way...lets hope they add some funk into the tunes...i really miss the good old days..
    By the Way and Californication were good albums..but i think they have alot more talent than that.

I hope it lives to the expectations if it does it will be BIG!!!
  • Options
    I hope it lives to the expectations if it does it will be BIG!!!
    yeh i know what you mean.
    bands tend to give false hype to all their new albums..only band who doesnt is Pantera..when they say things are heavier..it really is!
    so yeh..just gotta wait and see..May isnt that far away

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh i know what you mean.
    bands tend to give false hype to all their new albums..only band who doesnt is Pantera..when they say things are heavier..it really is!
    so yeh..just gotta wait and see..May isnt that far away

the way things are going May will be here way too fast....
  • Options
    finally. i almost forgot all about RHCP. listened to "by the way" today. great record. l like where they're at musically than before. john frusciante's solo records are great too. highly recommend "shadows collide with.."

"Song to sing when I'm lonely" is one of my favorite songs ever.
    I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month.
  • Options
    VONVON Posts: 259
    I CCAANNNTTT wait! This explains why they've taken so long to make the album. 25 Tracks!! 'Retardedly painful funk' sounds good to me :D
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    some Uplift Mofo style shit would be rocking, i'm looking forward to this one
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    bonus tracks in different regions sounds like a move to boost sales more than anything...

i can imagine how this is gonna sound, nice music played by talented musicians, but lacking soul and interesting ideas, a.k.a by the way part two

i lost interest in these guys shortly after by the way was released and i listened to it...

what exactly in by the way that was missing from the other stuff theyve put out?i thought it was super..one of my fav albums
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046

You know, it's no wonder bands like the Chilis loose interest in music, with their audience making comments like this.
    How one can listen to By The Way and claim that it lacks soul and interesting ideas is beyond comprehension.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    SathogwaSathogwa Posts: 227
    They used to be one of my very favorite bands. I thought "By The Way" had some of their best work on it, but I kinda lost interest in the band after that. However, reading that article has got me excited again. Sounds like it should be pretty cool.
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
  • Options
    coming out on my birthday!!$@#%@#$
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873

I was like that too, although I'm hoping for a bit of a return to form for this one. I'm trying to rebuild my faith in this band. In the past they held the same place in my heart which is now reserved for Pearl Jam.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    "Especially in Michigan" - awesome. Good to see Kiedis throwing some love to his home state! Yeah, we have the same hometown, no big deal....
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    sounds promising. I've liked the last few albums they've put out. Not quite what i was expecting but good nonetheless. i'm thinking it'll be worth it to buy.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    By the sounds of it this is going to be kinda like the "ultimate chili sound" with old school funk mixed with textured and melodic tunes. I've got a good feeling about it.
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    bass_man10 wrote:
    By the sounds of it this is going to be kinda like the "ultimate chili sound" with old school funk mixed with textured and melodic tunes. I've got a good feeling about it.

thats what ive been telling people...this is gonna be the album to bring it all together(like BSSM before it, but the melodic tunes on that were more of a prediction than a retrospective)....anyway, i sure hope you and i are right, this could be one incredible album
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    its been such a long wait! almost 4 years. thanks for the link - can't wait much longer
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I was just listening to Blood Sugar yesterday. What a great friggin' cd. I can't wait!