Pete Townsend Visits Rose Hill Drive

Bob WeirBob Weir Posts: 850
edited October 2006 in Other Music
from jambands.com

Rachel Fuller recorded her internet radio/podcast show In the Attic last night at Chicago's House of Blues. The show was promoted as Rachel Fuller with Very Special Guests with a picture of Rachel, Pete and Simon Townsend. However, the rare HOB reserved seat show was sparsely attended. The crowd of less than 300 was treated to an opening set from Simon Townsend followed by the acoustic duo of Willy Mason with his brother Sam on drums. Pete Townsend joined the duo for their last song. Pete Townsend performed a solo acoustic set of rarities that included “Greyhound Girl,” “Let's See Action,” “Blue Red and Grey” (performed on ukulele). He paid tribute to Gram Parsons by covering “Christine's Tune” (AKA “Devil In Disguise”) and treated Chicago to two recent compositions, “Endless Wire” and “In The Ether” (the latter featured Rachel Fuller on piano).

Rose Hill Drive's headlining set featured “Showdown,” “Cool Cody,” “Cross the Line,” and “Raise Your Hands” from their recently released self-titled CD. Pete Townsend joined the Boulder trio for “Raise Your Hands.” The final song of the set, the classic "Young Man Blues" was the night's highlight. The extended jam between Townsend and the Sprowl brothers brought the sedate crowd to their feet. Townsend brought everyone back to the stage for the evening's finale, Quadrophenia's “I'm One.”

Rose Hill Drive will be opening some west coast dates for the Who in November. They play tonight at Smith's Olde Bar in Atlanta, GA. Pete Townsend will rejoin Roger Daltrey and play tonight as The Who at Michigan’s The Palace of Auburn Hills. moe. will open. Reporting by David Saslavsky

Nice to see someone as big as Pete help out a smaller band,too bad there wasn't a big turnout.
I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Bob Weir wrote:
    from jambands.com

Rachel Fuller recorded her internet radio/podcast show In the Attic last night at Chicago's House of Blues. The show was promoted as Rachel Fuller with Very Special Guests with a picture of Rachel, Pete and Simon Townsend. However, the rare HOB reserved seat show was sparsely attended. The crowd of less than 300 was treated to an opening set from Simon Townsend followed by the acoustic duo of Willy Mason with his brother Sam on drums. Pete Townsend joined the duo for their last song. Pete Townsend performed a solo acoustic set of rarities that included “Greyhound Girl,” “Let's See Action,” “Blue Red and Grey” (performed on ukulele). He paid tribute to Gram Parsons by covering “Christine's Tune” (AKA “Devil In Disguise”) and treated Chicago to two recent compositions, “Endless Wire” and “In The Ether” (the latter featured Rachel Fuller on piano).

Rose Hill Drive's headlining set featured “Showdown,” “Cool Cody,” “Cross the Line,” and “Raise Your Hands” from their recently released self-titled CD. Pete Townsend joined the Boulder trio for “Raise Your Hands.” The final song of the set, the classic "Young Man Blues" was the night's highlight. The extended jam between Townsend and the Sprowl brothers brought the sedate crowd to their feet. Townsend brought everyone back to the stage for the evening's finale, Quadrophenia's “I'm One.”

Rose Hill Drive will be opening some west coast dates for the Who in November. They play tonight at Smith's Olde Bar in Atlanta, GA. Pete Townsend will rejoin Roger Daltrey and play tonight as The Who at Michigan’s The Palace of Auburn Hills. moe. will open. Reporting by David Saslavsky

Nice to see someone as big as Pete help out a smaller band,too bad there wasn't a big turnout.

I missed them at Smith Olde Bar because i was sick :(

I like these guys is saw them open for wilco a while back. I got their live album where they do all of Led Zepplin I and then they do some of their own songs. Cool band.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    oh to see Townshend solo again . . .
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    all the best cowboys have chinese eyes
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Dollpartz wrote:
    all the best cowboys have chinese eyes

hee

yes they do

that's probably my favorite solo Townshend release

but it's hard to say, I love them all
  • floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    Rose Hill Drive is a fun band. I saw them in Cleveland a month or so ago.