The Who

Light_yearsLight_years Posts: 58
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Anyone in the philly area going down to the show tomorrow nite?
"Pussies no more"
"Johnny we miss, Pete your still the greatest"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i want to hear some reviews!
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    kdpjam wrote:
    i want to hear some reviews!
    I went to the show in Dallas on Nov 17th and this show was the shit! seriously. Pearl jam is my favorite band (and will always be) but I think I saw a live show that surpasses theirs for top spot on fave live shows if that's possible. Pete had a blast playing guitar all night long and roger was dead on vocally and having a GREAT time swinging the mic cord all over the place and just having FUN celebrating ROCK AND ROLL as they are one of the finest. I hope I'm not hyping this up too much, but this is truly how I feel. One of my best friends that went with me, is a bit older than me, and he is a die hard who fan, and seen the band 4 times. He even said this show was phenominal and this being from someone who has seen the who 4 times and he met john entwhistle on a solo tour back in the day and got his who liscence plate signed by him, that's saying something. I LOVED this show, tons of old stuff and the new stuff like the mini opera and others are SO much better live. I can't wait to get this dvd. If you are going, you will have a blast. It is the most expensive concert ticket I have ever bought, but it was worth every penny. If the who ever tour again, you can bet I'm gona have a seat reserved for me. This show blew me away. I'm about to see Eric clapton though, can he Beat this one for best show ever??
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    red mos wrote:
    I went to the show in Dallas on Nov 17th and this show was the shit! seriously. Pearl jam is my favorite band (and will always be) but I think I saw a live show that surpasses theirs for top spot on fave live shows if that's possible. Pete had a blast playing guitar all night long and roger was dead on vocally and having a GREAT time swinging the mic cord all over the place and just having FUN celebrating ROCK AND ROLL as they are one of the finest. I hope I'm not hyping this up too much, but this is truly how I feel. One of my best friends that went with me, is a bit older than me, and he is a die hard who fan, and seen the band 4 times. He even said this show was phenominal and this being from someone who has seen the who 4 times and he met john entwhistle on a solo tour back in the day and got his who liscence plate signed by him, that's saying something. I LOVED this show, tons of old stuff and the new stuff like the mini opera and others are SO much better live. I can't wait to get this dvd. If you are going, you will have a blast. It is the most expensive concert ticket I have ever bought, but it was worth every penny. If the who ever tour again, you can bet I'm gona have a seat reserved for me. This show blew me away. I'm about to see Eric clapton though, can he Beat this one for best show ever??

i love clapton and have seen him live many times, but i don't think so.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • having a full 24 hours to think about it....

that show was unreal, i mean im not a huge who fan, i kno a lot of the music though. played a lotta favorites, got the "three csi songs" as the person in front of me put it. played the new mini opera, was pretty good, id never heard it so i still need to listen to the cd. ended the show after an encore with a nice little segment of tommy, see me feel me as the 2nd to last song was amazing. the show ended with roger and pete on the stage alone playing a new acoustic song. i really liked the way it ended.

although i must say the crowd was a little weaker then i would have liked, i mean the who actually sang the words to baba o'riley, and the only time u could hear the crowd singing was during wont get fooled again and see me feel me.

one note i have to mention in closing: zach starkey. abosutely unbelievable, im a big fan of drummers and i always watch them very closely when i go to any show, but he blew me away, and i dont think ringo would hold a candle to him. keith moon would be proud
    "Pussies no more"
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    I saw the WHO at the Borgata on Friday night(Nov. 24), and it was a hell of a show. I was 8th row from the stage. The Borgata is a GREAT venue for a concert, with not a bad seat, and EXCELENT sound. I loved ther new material. The new songs were played really well. They played 12 new songs which i liked. I think ALOT of the crowd didn't listen to ther new album, as ther wasn't a great response for those songs, and thats ashame on them. That was ther lost, not mine, as i was really looking forward to hearing the new songs, and they were great. They ended up playing for 2 hours, with the other Classic songs: I Can't Explain, The Seeker, Won't Get Fooled again, and of course Babb O' Riley, which Pete Jammed his ass off. I really thought that Eminence Front was the best of the Classics. The Band was teriffic on that.

I've seen the WHO 6 times, and even though this wasn't the best WHO show i've seen(that would be in 1989 when they played 38 songs over 3 and-a-half hours, and when they played the WHOLE QUDROPHENIA ALBUM in 1996/97 ),but still a great show. The WHO is the 2nd best LIVE act that i've seen in my almost 30 years of going to Concerts.
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    reading this thread has gotten me so excited. i'm seeing them in eight days. i cannot wait!
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    uninnocent wrote:
    reading this thread has gotten me so excited. i'm seeing them in eight days. i cannot wait!
    You are in for a hell of a show! I hope I'm not hyping it up too much, but I'm just telling the truth about my experience. I left a myspace blog to, like I do with all my shows so if you want, send a friend request and I'll add you so you can read it. The show was awesome. The crowd in Dallas sang on every one of the classics. Behind blue eyes almost had me in tears- it was that beautiful and moving. I'm interested to hear what you think of the show. Oh, and whoever said Zach Starkey is AMAZING is absolutely correct!! He is a great addition to the band considering the who had one of the best drummers ever. Zach is so Amazing on drums, It was fun watching him play. Too bad I can only see Keith Moon's greatness on dvd :(
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    red mos wrote:
    You are in for a hell of a show! I hope I'm not hyping it up too much, but I'm just telling the truth about my experience. I left a myspace blog to, like I do with all my shows so if you want, send a friend request and I'll add you so you can read it. The show was awesome. The crowd in Dallas sang on every one of the classics. Behind blue eyes almost had me in tears- it was that beautiful and moving. I'm interested to hear what you think of the show. Oh, and whoever said Zach Starkey is AMAZING is absolutely correct!! He is a great addition to the band considering the who had one of the best drummers ever. Zach is so Amazing on drums, It was fun watching him play. Too bad I can only see Keith Moon's greatness on dvd :(

no myspace for me.
    i've heard that starkey is an excellent addition to the band, and the boots that i've heard haven't justified a change in that opinion. i may have crap seats (can't afford the good ones), but i don't care; i love the who. i still get the chills whenever i remember the shows only a week away. it feels like i've had the tickets forever waiting for this. so soon... sooooo sooooooon....
  • wow just looked up the bootlegs, man we are spoiled, theres are like 30 bucks a pop and take like a month to master
    "Pussies no more"
  • wow just looked up the bootlegs, man we are spoiled, theres are like 30 bucks a pop and take like a month to master

ya, and they release an official dvd of every show on the tour... ya that just sucks ;) lmfao

Zach Starkey is AMAZING