Saw the Who 25 years ago today

vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
edited October 2007 in Other Music
I just want to thank my mom for accompanying 16-year-old me on a pot smoke filled bus to the then-scary city of Seattle to see the Who & Clash at the Kingdome...Wow! That was such an experience...but I can't believe that it's been 25 years! Seems I just saw the Who last year....oh wait...I did!

I just can't figure out why Roger and Pete wore matching outfits in 1982 - both had blue striped crew necks and jeans...

Still, I have the tee-shirt from that concert hanging in my closet and the Kenney Jones shirt I wore to the show...ahhhh...the memories...

Just thought I'd share....
be philanthropic
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    very cool my friend. One of my best friends from college is a die hard who fan. He has seen them 5 times, and I feel so lucky that I was able to attend the who twice last year. I know it's just Pete and Roger now with touring members, but it was honestly the best live show I think I've been too, and Being 25, I have been fortunate to see alot of great acts from the who's era.

I bet that was a great show, I only wish I could have seen them way back when, but I wasn't born yet or was way too little.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Wow! Now that's a show! That would have been so awsome to see the Clash alone,but then to get to see the Who also.... Wow! That's all I gotta say,and you have one cool mom. My mom took me and my little sister to see Guns and Roses. Not a big impace (like the Who and The Clash),but it was still cool.
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    the Who in 82..........

the "Who's Last Tour"............

good times.
  • My mom took us to see a Christian Rap Concert at a baseball field :-(

One of the worst times of my life...
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    My mom took us to see a Christian Rap Concert at a baseball field :-(

One of the worst times of my life...

hahaha
  • hahaha

She says the chameleon club in PA is a place of the Devil.
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    You're old.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    hahaha

+

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA