rage against the machine reunion = Soundgarden reunion?

depopulationINCdepopulationINC Posts: 2,074
edited May 2007 in Other Music
I was watching Tom Morello on The Hour...so, with the upcoming RATM (only 4(?) shows booked for now), is this a sign that Soundgarden may get together again? I remember seein Cornell in an interview maybe a year ago, and he expressed that he had never closet the door on the Soundgarden chapter in his life, and that he would definately be interested in doing something as a band in the future.

Just wondering if anyone had heard anything?
The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
(Because I know)
Because I know how much time that wastes
(And function)
Function is the key
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    there was an interview with mr cornell in last month's classic rock magazine where he seemed to indicate that there is zero chance of soundgarden getting back together.
  • Neruda25Neruda25 Posts: 266
    Why a Soundgarden reunion???
    Chris is playing the biggest hits on his show.
    I love Soundgarden. but it was.
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

http://www.myspace.com/delonelyman
  • never gonna happen.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,845
    Arctangent wrote:
    there was an interview with mr cornell in last month's classic rock magazine where he seemed to indicate that there is zero chance of soundgarden getting back together.

Ive seen that more than once
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Umm, isn't their drummer with another band?
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Related topic here: anyone know what Kim Thayil is doing these days?
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    gabers wrote:

don't know, but here's a recent picture of him:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/db/Thayil_%26_Warnick_01.jpg/422px-Thayil_%26_Warnick_01.jpg
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,137
    gabers wrote:
    I read somewhere that he played guitar on a track or two for an album released last year....I'll try to find the band/album

Edit: he played on the track "Blood Swamp" on the album Altar released as a collaboration record by Sunn O))) and Boris.....never heard of the song, album, or either band though
    http://www.answers.com/topic/altar-album
  • He said in a KROC (i think) interview that he wasn't the type of person who liked to rule things out categoricaly, but he has never talked about it with the other members, and he "doesn't see it happening anytime soon" ...

basicaly i think he meant "no, but i don't want you to harass me about it, so i will say 'maybe' ..."

that's the jist i got out of it.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I don't think we will see Soundgarden as a full time band again considering Matt is in Pearl jam now, and Chris is knee deep in concentration on his solo career now. However, I do forsee a one off Soundgarden show happening in the near future. Possibly in their hometown of Seattle, and then a dvd to celebrate the Epic performance of the SOLD OUT show. Hell, they may do a 2 nighter, because the first show will sell out in minutes.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • nowayimfaithfullnowayimfaithfull Posts: 2,051
    They will be getting in the hall of fame somewhere aronud 2011, driftingbythestorm would know, he knows everyhting, hehe.
    They will have to play, I just dont see them pulling a Van Halen, amd Matt will play, and hopefully stone gives their speach and he plays mankind with them.

Yeah right, Hopefully Ed is there and he rocks a song out, it may go down as the best night in hall of fame history.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    Arctangent wrote:

Yeah, and in late '06 he also said Audioslave wasn't going to break up and that they wanted to make a lot of records. See where I'm going with this? :p

Anyway, I think the point he's made numerous times, is that SG had a good run and ended well. Personally I think DOTU was a great album, and many fans would agree. To get back together...they'd have to do something pretty big to top that. Of course a one-off live re-union couldn't hurt anybody. But as someone suggested, he's playing a lot of SG hits live right now with his live band, and I've dl'd enough shows to know they sound awesome. You should be able to find some .mp3 show links in this forum..or watch the Much Music performance on youtube.

Man I really need to get some sleep, cya guys later.
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    Duder5k wrote:
    Yeah, and in late '06 he also said Audioslave wasn't going to break up and that they wanted to make a lot of records. See where I'm going with this? :p

a group breaking up is a bit different to one getting back together. sounds now like cornell was just toeing the party line to make audioslave sound like a group whereas from what he is saying now it was a case of them and him, always 3 against 1.

as for soundgarden getting back together they would all want to do it. and by the sound of it, kim, ben and matt don't.