Options

Government Mule

Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
edited May 2006 in Other Music
I know there's been Mule thread before, but I couldn't find any when I searched.....so:

I've been listening to some Mule lately but I don't have too much on my computer....I would really like to get into them but aren't too sure where to start??

Is there an album I should start with??

Warren Haynes is amazing!!
"I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    life before insanity is the best place to start to hear the original band.

both of the deep end albums have some good stuff.

after that just check out their live material.
  • Options
    life before insanity is the best place to start to hear the original band.

both of the deep end albums have some good stuff.

after that just check out their live material.

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options

no prob man. gotta love the mule. check out rising low on DVD as well. it's a great documentary on the making of the deep end and bass playing in general if that interests you.
  • Options
    no prob man. gotta love the mule. check out rising low on DVD as well. it's a great documentary on the making of the deep end and bass playing in general if that interests you.

Sounds good!!

I'm really loving Warren Haynes right now.....he's great!!

.NJD.
  • Options
    allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    I just started getting into them myself. I have both Deep End albums and Dose. Deep End Vol. 1 is my favorite so far, with Dose being my second.

Heard they were coming out with a new album in August.
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Seeing them opening for DMB Aug 2, and I'd like to go to the free Pittsburgh show next Thursday...but we'll see?

Warren Haynes is honestly breathaking. So amazing...

Check out their live stuff. I only have one show, and would lllllllove any more ones off their website (hint hint anyone?).
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    I know there's been Mule thread before, but I couldn't find any when I searched.....so:

I've been listening to some Mule lately but I don't have too much on my computer....I would really like to get into them but aren't too sure where to start??

Is there an album I should start with??

Warren Haynes is amazing!!
    here's a link for yah

http://www.glidemagazine.com/downloads31.html
  • Options
    i cherish dose

but the best cd/dvd is that deepest end concert...the dvd is one of the best dvd's i own...the concert was a once in a lifetime event...with some of the best musicians on the planet

where's my mule?

where's my 40 acres?
  • Options
    eloesch1eloesch1 Posts: 42
    Im goin to the dmb show as well and Im actually going just to see the mule! Of course ill stick around for dave but in my opinion mule is the attraction. Also checkin them out at Mountain jam at hunter mountain this weekend! Should be sweet. Check out live with a little help from our friends...its another live recording full of guest appearances from earlier in their career= good shit.
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    I saw both Govt Mule and Warren Haynes solo back in '03 and both times it was a really good show.

The solo show was excellent mainly bc the lack of hippies there!
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    Jammin909 wrote:
    I saw both Govt Mule and Warren Haynes solo back in '03 and both times it was a really good show.

The solo show was excellent mainly bc the lack of hippies there!

hey! what's wrong with hippies, man?? LMFAO

when jerry died the abb crowd doubled in size...the hippies follow the good bands...whether you like it or not! LOL

besides, what's wrong with twirling in the aisles...don't you get that?? LOL

and if you havent heard warren's work with phil lesh's band...you need to get there...go out and buy "there and back again" and then let me know what you think about hippies and warren