Options

Contemplating Going To The Cult??

Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
edited March 2006 in Other Music
In Toronto @ The Molson Ampitheatre??

I think I'll probably buy these tickets, I've always said I would see them if I could..

Has anyone seen them before??
"I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I've seen 'em twice... Once in '90 and once a couple of years ago. i missed this tour, though I shoulda went since they played here.
    Rock over London... Rock on Chicago... I love what you do for me Toyota - Wesley Willis
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    GO!

Saw em in Atlantic City this past saturday and it was one of my favorite shows. They play short shows, but theyre great performers and the sets are great. The Cult, Sonic Temple and Love are my favorite albums. The sets focuse mainly on Electric and Love, with 2-3 Sonic Temple songs, 1-3 Cult songs(if you count Witch and In the Clouds, which are from that era), 1-3 Beyond Good & Evil("libertine' from the aus version), "wonderland" from Ceremony, and "Spiritwalker" from Dreamtime. At my show they played 5 songs from Electric and 4 from Love, about normal for this tour.

You can also buy an Instant Live cd before the show and pick it up about ten minutes after. great quality recording of the show you attend, sounds like a real live album!
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I went to the Chicago and Clevland shows about a week and a half ago. It was a really good show and I suggest you go too. They have a lot of energy and are really psyched to be playing together again. John Tempesta from exodous is doing a fucking awesome job on the skins. It's a pretty good show....get the tickets.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,757
    the bassist (i think) Billy or something...not really familiar with the band....anyway "Billy the bassist" would often come into my girlfriend's starbucks and he would buy the Gingerbread syrup by the case, so he could have his Gingerbread lattes year round....

........ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    I saw them a couple of weeks ago and they were really energized. The show started 1 1/2 hours late and no one cared after they started rocking. Do yourself a favor and go see them. I got the live recording as well and it is excellent quality and well worth buying despite the $25 price.
  • Options
    SathogwaSathogwa Posts: 227
    I've never seen them, but I would go. I'm on a real Cult kick right now. Digging on Love right now. "Brother Wolf, Sister Moon" is beautiful.
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
  • Options
    Sathogwa wrote:
    . "Brother Wolf, Sister Moon" is beautiful.

They've played that at almost every show this tour, including mine : )

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    Man...

I just found out that my grad party night thing is the same night as the show :(:(

I wanna go so bad because The Cult rock so hard but I don't think I can now......fuckbeans.
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    I almost missed out on them too cuz of a family thing....I hear they might be touring some more at the end of the year so dont despair!

Some die just to live.