New Donavon Frankenreiter

Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
edited June 2006 in Other Music
Anyone else pick this up yet??

I'm really diggin' it!!

It's a real change from his debut self-titled but I really love both, it's so funky and he really lettin' loose more on the guitar.

I still have to pick up the DVD but I didn't see it when I bought the cd.

I know there's a few other Donavon fans on here, what do you guys think ?!?!

:D:D
"I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    I like it alot. I also like his debut cd. My fav track so far is Fool.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • i have his 1st cd. its alright. havent heard any of the new stuff.

g. love is better
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    g. love is better

They're 2 completely different types of artists so that's kind of a tough comparison.....

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • JamalJamal Posts: 2,115
    They're 2 completely different types of artists so that's kind of a tough comparison.....
    True

G. Love is more of a oldskool flavoured hiphop/funkblues thing
    Have two of his albums and they rule

Donavon though is a different kind indeed, and i really love the guy (not just 'cuz he surfs, like me)
    I'm gonna see him @ Rock Werchter here in belgium in a few weeks, so I'm pretty excited
    haven't heard the new album yet tho, cause you can't find it here in Belgium :(
    Surf little waves big... Charge big waves hard

- Antwerp '06, Nijmegen '07, Werchter '07
    Jamal wrote:
    True

G. Love is more of a oldskool flavoured hiphop/funkblues thing
    Have two of his albums and they rule

Donavon though is a different kind indeed, and i really love the guy (not just 'cuz he surfs, like me)
    I'm gonna see him @ Rock Werchter here in belgium in a few weeks, so I'm pretty excited
    haven't heard the new album yet tho, cause you can't find it here in Belgium :(

It's good stuff man, I have 2 G.Love albums too but only because I can't even find any here in Canada.

You should check out the new DF album when you get a chance :)

.NJD.
  • lumpyfredlumpyfred Posts: 243
    I picked up the new DF on Wednesday, and I think its pretty sweet. I like the direction he took with this new stuff, namely branching out and writing music with a large variety of influences and more electric/full band type of thing. I think I like this one a little more than his debut.
    Her?
    lumpyfred wrote:
    I picked up the new DF on Wednesday, and I think its pretty sweet. I like the direction he took with this new stuff, namely branching out and writing music with a large variety of influences and more electric/full band type of thing. I think I like this one a little more than his debut.

Ya it's definately a cool change.

Both albums have a totally different vibe and achieve different things :)

He's such a cool dude...

Have fun checkin' him out at Bonnaroo :)

.NJD.