Options

Phish Suggestion

Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
edited April 2006 in Other Music
I only have Farmhouse but I can't take it out of my cd player lately!!

I've had it for a while, but lately it's been in all the time :):)

For you Phish fans out there.....

What should I get next??
"I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453

What should I get next??

Definitely something live, they are a much more viable band in a live setting, the songs are never really captured in the studio.
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    I wouldnt buy a Phish LIVE CD, I would look for traders; but if you are buying a studio cd, Biily Breathes, Rift, and great. Picture of Nectar and Junta are good too.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    neoneo Posts: 89
    billy breathes
  • Options
    Billy Breathes is the cream of the crop as far as phish studio stuff goes for me. If you are just getting started a great live album avail to the masses is 'A Live One' its got a classic 'You Enjoy Myself' on it, a rockin' 'Chalkdust Torture', one hell of a 'Stash' and lots of other good stuff. Hope this helps man.
    I was taught a month ago to bide my time and take it slow, but then I learned just yesterday to rush and never waste a day. Now I'm convinced the whole day long that all I've learned is always wrong. Things are true that I forget, but no one taught that to me yet
  • Options
    I disagree with whoever said don't buy a LivePhish set. I would buy either 11/17/97 (Denver), 5/8/94 (Dallas), 7/16/94 or any of the 4 shows from the Island Tour (4/2-5/98).

My favorite 5 shows ever are (not in order):
    11/17/97 (Denver, CO)
    4/4/98 (Providence, RI)
    5/8/94 (Dallas, TX)
    7/16/94 (Sugarbush, VT)
    12/11/99 (Philly, PA)

of those, all but 12/11/99 are available to purchase online and/or at your local record store. Check them out.

As for studio, Billy Breathes is my favorite. Story of The Ghost and Lawn Boy are also great.
    "One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain. So hit me with music!"
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    If you like Farmhouse, get Billy Breathes. But my favorite studio albums are A Picture Of Nectar, Junta, Rift and Hoist.

However, as mentioned above, go for the live stuff. I can hook you up with a couple of zip files of some of my favorite jams if you want...
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Where can I get good quality SDBs online, without using torrents? What are the best ones off of momadance?
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    hoist.......
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426

What should I get next??

That was my first phish cd too. After that I picked up a show from halloween night in chicago. Every halloween they cover a classic rock album and this one was "Quadraphina" by the who. Their live stuff will really blow you away as it did me.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    drew0 wrote:
    Where can I get good quality SDBs online, without using torrents? What are the best ones off of momadance?

http://gdlive.com/phishshn/

6/11/94 is probably my favorite show. The version of Antelope and SOAMelt are out of this world.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"